Quantcast

Photography Forums?

jebfour

Turbo Monkey
Jun 19, 2003
CLT, NC
Not exactly MTB related but...

I was hoping some of you here could recommend some of the more popular digital photography forums (search engines produced a million results)

I tend to believe that being a "lurker" on a popular forum is a good way to learn things.....

Thanks!

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
If your in ventura, check out the tuesday night speakers at the Brooks Institute also, they are every other tuesday and the schedule shhould be posted for next session (starts in a week) at www.brooksnppa.org No gear talk, but lots of great photographers roll through and speak, most are pretty interesting, some completly lack public speaking skills.

Fred Miranda is decent, but the gear forums are utterly worthless, it's nonstop nonsensical banter about how crappy or how good people thik their lens performs. Phot on the net is pretty good so far, I just joined last week, a lot of BS but also lots of good information. CameraCourage just never seems to have much going on whenever I stop by. DPReveiw is just old fashioned worthless. Depending on what exactly you are looking for, in terms of information, SportsShooter.com has tons to offer.

Or if you have a specific question post it in the Tech forum, someone on RM will know the answer.

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
I'm on Camera Courage and PhotographyReveiw.com (like mtbr).

Photo Review has a good critique forum.

I posted a question at cameracourage and photo review. Noone posted on the one at CC in the tech forum. At photoreview, I got some replys, but not the info I wanted.

I finnaly posted it in the tech forum here. Within a day or two, I had a bunch of good replies and the info I wanted.