Quantcast

Photos from VA race Poor Farm 24 Mar

mikec918

Chimp
Aug 22, 2001
Virginia
The Following are a few Pictures I took at the a MTN bike race at Poor Farm Park near Ashland VA over 200 racer showed up including more then a dozen Pro's.

Attachments

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Dude, where's the story...how did you do???? Thanks for the pics. I still have to get to the east coast to ride.

mikec918

Chimp
Aug 22, 2001
Virginia
Heidi,

I didn't race I just went to take pictures. I've just got back into training so my first race will probable be the 12hrs of Lodi farm on May 18-19. sure hope I can get a few teammates so I don't have to do it solo. 7 weeks isn't much time to train for a 12hr race.

Heidi

Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Originally posted by mikec918
Heidi,

I didn't race I just went to take pictures. I've just got back into training so my first race will probable be the 12hrs of Lodi farm on May 18-19. sure hope I can get a few teammates so I don't have to do it solo. 7 weeks isn't much time to train for a 12hr race.
No, 7 weeks isn't much, but it's doable. You don't have any friends that will join you? Your first race should be fun so you have fond memories. I'm not sure doing a 12 hour solo for your first ever race would be the ultimate fun. Does the race have a website with a message board? Lots of times you can find a team if you post there.

tammy

spyderzmom
Oct 10, 2001
lost
A friend of mine did her first ever race as a 6-hour solo, didn't really "train", and she kicked a$$!!!

If you approach it with a "to finish is to win" attitude, you'll have fun AND probably do well to boot. I say: GO FOR IT:D

Wish I could help you out, but I've got that downhill race the same weekend - wish ME luck:rolleyes:

mikec918

Chimp
Aug 22, 2001
Virginia
Originally posted by Heidi

No, 7 weeks isn't much, but it's doable. You don't have any friends that will join you? Your first race should be fun so you have fond memories. I'm not sure doing a 12 hour solo for your first ever race would be the ultimate fun. Does the race have a website with a message board? Lots of times you can find a team if you post there.

Sorry ment first race/event for this year. I've done a number of 100 mile plus road ride which included 10-15,000 feet of climbing one of which ended with a 10 mile 4000 foot climb. I figure I can get in enuff training to finish will probable do a 6 hr race a few week before as a test.

Heidi

Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Originally posted by mikec918

Sorry ment first race/event for this year. I've done a number of 100 mile plus road ride which included 10-15,000 feet of climbing one of which ended with a 10 mile 4000 foot climb. I figure I can get in enuff training to finish will probable do a 6 hr race a few week before as a test.
Oh OK, then dammit, you can do it!

mikec918

Chimp
Aug 22, 2001
Virginia
Originally posted by JustinW

heheh, I feel proud to be one of the 200 racers! You probably didn't notice me, but I was racing in the Beginner Junior category, and I was wearing a red and black jersey.

JustinW, What's your race number maybe I got a shot of you.

ridetoofast

scarred, broken and drunk
Mar 31, 2002
crashing at a trail near you...
Mike I'd volunteer to hook with ya...as I'm in Norfolk, but I think I will be doing the Madhra race that weekend. Where in virginny are ya? if you can you ought to go up to Gambrill this weekend for some gravity fueled fun!