Quantcast

Photos - Kenda Dark Mountian Super D

highrevs

Monkey
Oct 13, 2005
NC
I had a chance to look over the photos I snagged on Sunday. I was pretty stoked on how several of them turned out. I was not able to get a shot of everyone though. I showed up too late in the afternoon for that idea to have worked out. I got there with enough time to scramble up the hill and find a few spots to shoot from.

Here are some I processed last night and I’ll have the rest uploaded to a gallery later tonight.

My favorite shot from the day:

highrevs

Monkey
Oct 13, 2005
NC
Thanks Guys. I tried my best keep a ninja style presence hoping not interfere with anyone during their run. I noticed a few riders spotted me...

I have the rest of the keepers uploaded to a gallery. I had a ton of fun scampering around the hill sides trying to get shots off. I really enjoyed the challenge of moving between riders. It did not allow much time to get prepped for the next rider, which kept me on my toes and kept it interesting. For those of whom I managed to get a photo of, I hope you like what you see.

dark mountain photo gallery

highrevs

Monkey
Oct 13, 2005
NC
Thanks again for the compliments guys. I really had a good time chasing images Sunday afternoon.

I have my fingers crossed and I'm hoping the plan comes together a little better at the next race. I wish i had more time to hang out and meet a few new peeps at the last one.

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
It's a shame they don't tape off that last little bump and MAKE you hit the hip jump on the left bank right at the exit. It is so fun and pops you up perfect.
Would make for a NICE photo op and a crowd pleaser at the finish.

adevault

Chimp
Sep 29, 2004
man--you are an artist!! I know allof us riders really appreiate you being there and shooting--thanks!!

highrevs

Monkey
Oct 13, 2005
NC
It's a shame they don't tape off that last little bump and MAKE you hit the hip jump on the left bank right at the exit. It is so fun and pops you up perfect.
I noticed that hip had seen a lot more traffic since last i was up there.

gastro

highrevs

Monkey
Oct 13, 2005
NC
man--you are an artist!! I )know allof us riders really appreiate you being there and shooting--thanks!!
Wow thanks bro! photography (and mountain biking) has become a major passion for me, for sure.

(oh, and a.. maybe next time I'll get that shot of Herndon ;) .)

Guard

Monkey
Apr 21, 2004
Wilkes "By God" County
Maybe next year... I hate to change the course as we're thinking some of the guys maybe coming back to try to break Herndon's course record.:)

Prior to the second race and the course record coming into play we were even thinking about bringing the teeter-tooter down and putting it right before the last jump out of the woods, of course with a way around. Talk about a photo op...hitting that thing wide open is a blast!

highrevs

Monkey
Oct 13, 2005
NC
I don't know...... I like the way you can see the trail in the background.
Oh, I was still stoked on the image..... really my only gripe is i did not get the whole front wheel in the frame, therefor i was almost SUPER stoked. :biggrin:

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
Maybe next year... I hate to change the course as we're thinking some of the guys maybe coming back to try to break Herndon's course record.:)

Prior to the second race and the course record coming into play we were even thinking about bringing the teeter-tooter down and putting it right before the last jump out of the woods, of course with a way around. Talk about a photo op...hitting that thing wide open is a blast!
is there a way to put that in w/out messing up the main line? maybe as a "showtime" option? we need something for us "too slow to place" folks so we can at least have a good photo op besides a trailside vomit session :D

Murphy's Law

Monkey
Apr 29, 2006
Raleighwood NC
Oh, I was still stoked on the image..... really my only gripe is i did not get the whole front wheel in the frame, therefor i was almost SUPER stoked. :biggrin:
Dude. thats a great shot. so my front wheels a little out of frame..... i agree with whats his head that it looks sweet with the trail in the background......I'm just glad you didn't turn and get me face planting it into the next berm :clapping:

highrevs

Monkey
Oct 13, 2005
NC
I'm just glad you didn't turn and get me face planting it into the next berm :clapping:
Dang! I totally missed that. :D
I never get any crash shots anyway. For some reason every time someone goes down, I'll lower the camera from my face to watch and see if they come out of it ok.

I'm glad everyone seems to like the photos.

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
HR...so when you gonna pass on your photo-jedi-ness to me? ;)
i hope you don't mind if i post a few shots from today....not like my photos are even on the same level as yours, i just didn't want to start a new thread in here for a few shots from today's practice session.

noah's "uh-oh" moment when he came into this section WAAAAY too fast and launched off of a root ball then flipped over a stack of logs. i was hoping for a cool flat-track shot but instead i got a blurry, pre-crash shot :D

ride report and vids in DH forum
http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=177883

highrevs

Monkey
Oct 13, 2005
NC
HR...so when you gonna pass on your photo-jedi-ness to me? ;)
i hope you don't mind if i post a few shots from today....not like my photos are even on the same level as yours, i just didn't want to start a new thread in here for a few shots from today's practice session.
img

Dude its totally cool! I always like seeing the pics of Noha and it works with the theme of the thread... so yeah its cool. As far as the photo-jeti training i would be more than happy to speak photo geek with you on April 1. :D