Quantcast

Photos of my backyard, take a look

pangeist

Monkey
Mar 18, 2005
Santa Barbara
Just a few photos of my yard, me and a few buddies ride trials and such and this is where we ride when we are not out in the woods or scouting urban terrain.

PatBranch

Turbo Monkey
Sep 24, 2004
wine country
Thats so cool. That looks fun. I want to build stuff like that in the back yard, but there is a garden and the yard is small.
Maybe we should have a monkey party there.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Oh jeez, why would you build somthing like that, why dont you take the trails for what they are, and not build man made stunts...... Oh wait........

That looks awesome man, looks like a good use of land to me! Now you just have to go skinnier and taller :devil:

kinghami3

Future Turbo Monkey
Jun 1, 2004
Ballard 4 life.
That's awesome. I have a couple buddies that something similar in their back yards, but yours definitely looks better built. Tons of fun, enjoy! Next step is skinnier and higher.

pangeist

Monkey
Mar 18, 2005
Santa Barbara
We had it higher and skinnier, and then had to move it all. Then I rebuilt and had hopes of getting my wife out there, so I built it lower. Well she rode a few time and that was it, shes a trail rider. So its getting bigger, but I dont think I am going higher with the skinny stuff. Its hard enough riding it down low, but yeah anybody near the area is welcome to ride, just shoot me a PM. Next up are some more plywood boxes for trials hops and rollups. No lawn boy, just me and a machete. With all the riding the grass stays down pretty good. MOre pics later when we get the 8'x12' wallride snugged up to the quarter pipe...Later

Aug 22, 2004
FEAR ME ^
aaron dont kid urself
u have nowhere for 10 loads of dirt
and i have a ****load of pallets i havnt used either, having them means nothing until u use them (which i hav eie wallride)

Zach Dank

Turbo Monkey
Jun 28, 2005
Gnarcal
take that $hit to the freeride forum man. Mountain bikes are for dirt and racing only.

Oh wait, this is the freeride forum, and that some sick stuff you got there. :thumb:

pangeist

Monkey
Mar 18, 2005
Santa Barbara
I am in Olympia, WA and its been an ongoing process for about a few months, it has been around in various configurations/locations for about 6-7 months, but the lines are always changing and getting torn down and rebuilt a different way. I will post more photos after the wallride goes in.

adurham

Monkey
Jun 9, 2005
Is that a goat on your porch in the second picture?

nice set-up by the way I have tried to build stuff in my yard then i get lazy and go for a ride and all my stuff just becomes crap.

Jun 18, 2004
I think your stuff is cool... I liked it since the first time you posted pics on RM... someday I need to ride the Cap Forest and stop by your place... (gotta wait at least unitl my collar bone heals and I get some snowboarding in on my Stevens Pass).... good job on your efforts

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
We build a slightly smaller version of that at a friends house, what a blast. It was across the street from work, so we would session at lunch and whatnot. It was all built from scraps at a near by construction site. The only cost was some nails, screws, and love.

That is motivating for me to build in my yard while the garden is down for the winter. I think I will hit some construction sites on the way home...

Looks great.

pangeist

Monkey
Mar 18, 2005
Santa Barbara
I have decided to take this stuff down now, I am moving next summer and the rain and snow is keeping me off my bike. So instead of wasting time in the summer taking it down. I am taking it down now. Anybody want it?