Quantcast

photoshop / computer question

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
RAD, this thread was actually useful, thanks narlus! I decided to look into my SATA controller a little more.

My BadAxe motherboard with 7 series Intel SATA controller supports hot-swap so I can turn my Antec MX-1 on and off at whim. Also all 3 of my HDD support NCQ.

Just had to switch the controller manually to AHCI driver in Windows, reboot, and switch to AHCI in the BIOS. Also installed the Intel matrix manager afterwards. Hot-swap doesn't work in IDE emulation mode(nor should it). Ubuntu 7.1 must have AHCI support as it still boots/works too...

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
Sorry, missed the action. That's a pretty straight forward script too, nothing too insane.

To check your memory setting, go to:
-- Edit
-- Preferences
-- Memory...

It's probably 50%? Which should be more than enough to power that process.

Just to clarify... are the images already opened or staying opened while batching?
that would be edit > preferences > performance

i launch the script from bridge, which opens PS and runs the script/action.

i just checked and my scratch disk is C: (my fastest, app-only internal drive).

syadasti, i wanted an IDE optical drive, but plextor stopped making them after my drive died (in a horrible cdr explosion).

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
syadasti, i wanted an IDE optical drive, but plextor stopped making them after my drive died (in a horrible cdr explosion).
There are plenty of good burners besides Plextor. Tons of modded firmwares you can find for various brands that make a good drive great.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
that would be edit > preferences > performance
oh, you're not using CS3?

So, now that you've corrected my "error" -- congrats :clapping: I feel so appreciated :twitch: -- did you at least check your memory setting?

The folder you're batching that hangs up your computer... have you tried running that folder from within PS instead of Bridge? (I'm not a fan of Bridge)

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
oh, you're not using CS3?

So, now that you've corrected my "error" -- congrats :clapping: I feel so appreciated :twitch: -- did you at least check your memory setting?

The folder you're batching that hangs up your computer... have you tried running that folder from within PS instead of Bridge? (I'm not a fan of Bridge)
i am using CS 3; maybe you iIdiots have a different GUI. yes, i checked my memory setting. i've got 54% available RAM to PS, but bumped it to 70%.

i've not tried running that folder in PS, since all edits i need to make are done through ACR, and there's no reason to open PS.

syadasti

i heart mac
Apr 15, 2002
VT
"cheap" eSATA 20 drive rig. Nice but a bit slow compared to the Battleship Mtron and I bet it uses a lot more power.

Astonishing sustained read/write performance numbers in excess of 545 MB/s are easily possible of the shelf - that's more than enough to capture and process uncompressed 10-bit High Definition video!

Using today's highest-capacity drives, you can connect an astounding 20 Terabytes (20,000 Gigabytes!) of storage!
http://www.sonnettech.com/product/tempo_sata_e4p.html

http://www.provantage.com/sonnet-tsataii-e4p~7SONT04X.htm