Quantcast

Photoshop CS3 Download

macko

Turbo Monkey
Jul 12, 2002
THE Palouse
I'm on this! You think it'll stop working after a certain period of time? I'm still using Photoshop Elements 2.0. Probably bought that 5 years ago... ;)

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
CS3 is great, I have been using it since the beginning of Dec or so. The beta has a few issues (cursors not rendering properly) , but the layout options, bridge and a few other things in cs3 make it worth the download. Being a universal app makes it worth the price of admission for intel mac users all by itself.

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
side note: funny thing is, essentially, newer photoshops are all about efficiency increases.

I could pretty much do everything with early versions of Photoshop that the newer versions can do... just not as fast.

Is there a feature that y'all found that simply couldn't be done years ago?

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
side note: funny thing is, essentially, newer photoshops are all about efficiency increases.

I could pretty much do everything with early versions of Photoshop that the newer versions can do... just not as fast.

Is there a feature that y'all found that simply couldn't be done years ago?
CS3 ads plenty of new features that will be of interest to photographers (maybe not so much graphic designers).

Raw handling (many new adjustments), asset management (through an actually useful bridge) and a few new tools once actually in photoshop proper make it a huge step forward for guys who use it and work extensively with RAW.

The new layout options for pallettes and the toolbar, while not revolutionary, is something a lot of people in both fields have been asking for for sometime.

highrevs

Monkey
Oct 13, 2005
NC
... Raw handling (many new adjustments), asset management (through an actually useful bridge) and a few new tools once actually in photoshop proper make it a huge step forward for guys who use it and work extensively with RAW...
Hey that's cool to hear. I'll have to check it out this evening.

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
Raw handling (many new adjustments), asset management (through an actually useful bridge) and a few new tools once actually in photoshop proper make it a huge step forward for guys who use it and work extensively with RAW.
since you already use Capture One for RAW and iView for management, does CS 3 offer any improvements to where it's better?

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
since you already use Capture One for RAW and iView for management, does CS 3 offer any improvements to where it's better?
Well photoshop offers MANY more adjustments when it comes to RAW stuff, but only on an individual basis. I use it when I am doing studio stuff and working on an image at a time and have to correct for lens distortion and the like. It is much more powerful in this area, and CS3 offers even more adjustments, as well as more precise adjustments that were already there. I will enjoy using it to adjust studio work and one off stuff when it is out for real. Anything that has to be really precise gets the photoshop treatment. Same goes for anything with a distinct problem, barrel distortion, color caste fringing etc.

Right now having badly rendered cursors make it near unuseable for production work. Ie: a brush of 30px still renders half the time as a 1 px brush...so you have no idea how much of an area you are effecting.

Bridge is actually useful now, and has a MUCH cleaner interface than before. It also works at a speed that is quite a bit snappier than it's prior glacial timetable.

To be honest, I grabbed it for the Universal binary update (which is why they released it for mac so quickly btw - there is no CS2 binary update and peopele were starting to get peeved as it wasn't too quick under rosetta).