Quantcast

Photoshop monkeys... WTF?!

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
So, I've been using Photoshop for several years. I finally installed it on my latest desktop, and when I went to use it, I see this bizarre color difference from what the file looks like in every other application, including printing.

I'm not really well versed in color profiles, but I was assuming that was the problem, so I went and converted my file to every color profile that Adobe had listed, and I still can't get my image to appear normally.

Here's what the file looks like in photoshop:

Here's what it looks like in every other imaging application, and when I print it:

The kicker is that a few of the files look better when I pull them into Photoshop, but I can't duplicate the effect!

Also, when I edit the file, and save it, and open it in another application, it looks like the "normal" version except with the effects I added - e.g. if I super saturate the picture, it looks like a super saturated normal version.

Any ideas?

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
It.. uh.. just fixed itself. Now when I load an image, it informs me that the image's color space is different from the working color space, and loads it in a normal color space.

Not sure why it didn't do this the first ten times I opened an image, but at least it's fixed now...

:confused:

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
that is all about color space. Wat sorta cam was it shot on? I always shoot in adobe rgb, and then have to convert and output in srgb otherwise it looks a little whacky (extremely dark and washe dout colors).