Quantcast

Photoshop Munkees - Graphics pad?

Arkayne

I come bearing GIFs
May 10, 2005
SoCal
I shot my first engagement session for a buddy last week and thought I did an ok job. However, doing the post processing with a mouse just sucked, so I'm considering a decent graphics pad to speed things up. I'm looking at under 200, what do you use? The Bamboo models rank well on Newegg so that's where I'm leaning towards.

Your critique is appreciated!

Canon 30D
Shot mostly with the 28-135 kit lens.
Did a few wide angles with a Tokina 12-24.
Did a few with a 50.

Click slideshow on the top right.
http://manster.smugmug.com/Weddings/John/21353858_7srtFB#!i=1700950205&k=Ztfgfm5

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
I've used a small handful of tablets and the Wacom tablets seem to have the pressure sensitivity nailed. The others that I've used tend to have accurate movement, but if you do anything that uses the pressure levels, they're less than perfect.

IH8Rice

I'm Mr. Negative! I Fail!
Aug 2, 2008
Im over here now
what didnt you like about the mouse??

i dont do any of the PP work for the weddings my friend and I shoot but i never heard him complain about using a mouse

Arkayne

I come bearing GIFs
May 10, 2005
SoCal

i dont do any of the PP work for the weddings my friend and I shoot but i never heard him complain about using a mouse
I've an old tennis injury and my wrist gets wacky when covering a lot of pixel real estate, especially when doing fine Selections.

I don't think I absolutely need a tablet but I'm wanting to give one a try. Shoot, I should just learn more kb shortcuts.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA

He's a masochist. Retouching the eye area? Natural with a tablet. Miserable tedium with a mouse.

The monoprice tablets are 10% of the price with 90% of the functionality and I think they are better than the bamboo ones.

Having said that, my Intuous 4 might be the first thing I grab in a fire. It's in the bag, at least.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Gotta plus-1 for the Wacom. I have the larger pad version, and I too would carry that out in a fire. It cuts so much time for me, it's one of the best investments I ever made.