Quantcast

Photoshop n00b questions

Bldr_DH

Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
NO BO CO
Ok, well, I need some help... I used the help deal, but thought this would probably be faster. I'm designing a logo -- pretty generic.
: Letters being "orbited" by a chainring. So far, I have the chainring outline, and the letters... now I need to put the two together.

I'm planning on having both the letters and the chainring the same color, so I need to outline the letters to define them a bit from the chainring, so this is my first question. How do I create an outline, border, whatever you'd call it around an object.?

My second question is, since I want the letters to be orbited by the chainring, this means the letters will be "in front" of the part of the chainring that is "farthest" from the observer and behind the part that is "closest" to the observer. How would I go about doing that?

Thanks in advance for the help

MudGrrl

AAAAH! Monkeys stole my math!
Mar 4, 2004
Boston....outside of it....
Control Click on the layer you want to outline, this should give you the little dashed lines around your selection.

Make a new layer

With the new layer still selected, go to the top and hit Select, Modify, Expand, and input the number of pixels you want to enlarge it by

Click on the color you want to outline it in

Alt Delete will fill it in

Put the new layer behind your text

:)

(hope this helps)