Quantcast

<*>Phuck this Friderp<*>

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
fuck this friday indeed.
woke up at 3am yesterday with 8/10 pain in my kidney area. That quickly progressed to a solid 10/10. Did not know what it was. Made the decision to head to the ER after writhing on the ground for 30 minutes. One shot of morphine and a CT scan later, and I have my very first kidney stone. We named him Kevin.

Anyways, even on oxycodone I'm still at like a 6/10 pain every 4 hours so I've got that going for me...

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
:wave:

Day off, heading out to visit some family for the weekend.

Girls are still sleeping though so I am enjoying my coffee and fletching some arrows.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
:wave:

We need wingdings!

At work.

Picking up buddy at the airport this afternoon, who is flying in from Calgary for the week, for bike activities.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
fuck this friday indeed.
woke up at 3am yesterday with 8/10 pain in my kidney area. That quickly progressed to a solid 10/10. Did not know what it was. Made the decision to head to the ER after writhing on the ground for 30 minutes. One shot of morphine and a CT scan later, and I have my very first kidney stone. We named him Kevin.

Anyways, even on oxycodone I'm still at like a 6/10 pain every 4 hours so I've got that going for me...
Brutal. Save it and make a necklace.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
fuck this friday indeed.

The bathtub is your friend. I alternated between sleeping in a tub of hot water and bed when the pain got real bad. Give it a try.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
fuck this friday indeed.

Brother.

I had 3 of them in a stretch of a few months, whenever that was a year or two ago.

The first one fucked me up real good. Its the worst pain I've ever felt, by far. Like being stabbed on the inside and there is no way to escape the pain. And for me it also felt like I had to take a piss or dump, on top of it.

Hopefully it goes away sooner than later!

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
The bathtub is your friend. I alternated between sleeping in a tub of hot water and bed when the pain got real bad. Give it a try.
thanks man, I appreciate that. I took a hot bath yesterday and may take another one this morning. I guess it gets better once it drops out of the ureter? I'm planning to WFH and ride the oxy train until it goes away.

what about lasers? pew pew!
I guess they can shove a tube up my weiner and laser it to pieces, and there's an ultrasound they can blow it apart, but it wasn't an option in the ER. Some strong dope and R+R and it should drop out at some point I guess.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Was only 2mm so they didn’t need to zap it. But I rode that shit out without pain meds. 10 years of Gout left me with a ridiculously high tolerance for pain.
4mm for me. Zero tolerance for pain, I'm a wuss.
Brother.

I had 3 of them in a stretch of a few months, whenever that was a year or two ago.

The first one fucked me up real good. Its the worst pain I've ever felt, by far. Like being stabbed on the inside and there is no way to escape the pain. And for me it also felt like I had to take a piss or dump, on top of it.

that's impressive. I hope I never have another. I agree about the pain; it was substantial and I had no escape. I thought it was spicy diarrhea so I sat on the can for hours which I think made it worse in the end. I'm glad I know what it is and I at least know what I can do to prevent it.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I thought it was spicy diarrhea so I sat on the can for hours which I think made it worse in the end. I'm glad I know what it is and I at least know what I can do to prevent it.
I did almost the same thing with the first. :rofl:

I was at work and got out of a call and thought "huh I REALLY have to go to the washroom". Went and tried, but the pain just got worse and worse, fairly quickly. So I drove 30 minutes home like an idiot, hanging onto the steering wheel in pain. Got home and paced around for a while, before calling the girlfriend asking what the fuck was going on (how was she supposed to know haha). She called an ambulance - which I puked in. LOVELY.

Sadly that one went out on its own after all those hours, so they couldn't find it by the time I got into the CT scan.

And yeah the 2nd and 3rd time it happened, I knew right away before the pain really hit.

Lots of water man.

AngryMetalsmith

Jun 4, 2006
Thank you! Very much appreciated. I'm working on it and will post a picture of kevin for all to see when he arrives. :)
You might not feel the stone come out. I didn’t. Was going to pee before walking across the street to get lunch and noticed something solid in the strainer. Carefully rinsed it off and behold the physical manifestation of concentrated evil.

IMG_4836.jpeg

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
I believe that's a struvite that are more common in women. I'm gonna bet on calcium oxalate or phosphate here. How much to get in the pool? This is not financial advice.

my bet is on uric acid, but if you have a different guess and get it right, I'll send you an RM sticker

AngryMetalsmith

Jun 4, 2006

my bet is on uric acid, but if you have a different guess and get it right, I'll send you an RM sticker
Oh, thanks for the pic. I saved mine to have it analyzed when I got home but it had turned to dust in my pack. Mine is definitely Uric Acid. It was a long, hot summer of hiking 12 hours a day in a drought and eating foods high in Purines.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
I guess they can shove a tube up my weiner and laser it to pieces, and there's an ultrasound they can blow it apart, but it wasn't an option in the ER. Some strong dope and R+R and it should drop out at some point I guess.
whether you get lithotripsy +/- a stent or just some flomax, pain meds, and thoughts and prayers depends on where it is and how big it is. what did the CT report say?

/me is wfh today. smoking out the second floor with the ozone generator because the cat feeding/upstairs litter box area smells like cat

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Brother.

Yeah, I had like 4 in a year and haven't had any since. Just before and during the first few months together with my now wife. She was a saint and reenforced the thought of keeping her.