Quantcast

<*>Phuck this Friderp<*>

Jun 24, 2024
JTown
fuck this friday indeed.
woke up at 3am yesterday with 8/10 pain in my kidney area. That quickly progressed to a solid 10/10. Did not know what it was. Made the decision to head to the ER after writhing on the ground for 30 minutes. One shot of morphine and a CT scan later, and I have my very first kidney stone. We named him Kevin.

Anyways, even on oxycodone I'm still at like a 6/10 pain every 4 hours so I've got that going for me...
Already named it Kevin. No gender reveal party?

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
whether you get lithotripsy +/- a stent or just some flomax, pain meds, and thoughts and prayers depends on where it is and how big it is. what did the CT report say?
Limited noncontrast evaluation of the liver, adrenal glands,

kidneys, pancreas and spleen are unremarkable. Obstructing 4 mm left

distal ureter stone with associated mild hydronephrosis..

Nonaneurysmal abdominal aorta. Unremarkable loops of small bowel. No

suspicious bowel wall thickening or surrounding inflammatory changes.

No evidence of retroperitoneal adenopathy or ascites. Normal appendix.

Unremarkable liver?

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Obstructing 4 mm left

distal ureter stone with associated mild hydronephrosis..
4 mm is about the cutoff (with bigger ones needing to be zapped). and in the distal ureter is good from the perspective of being able to piss it out potentially. so potentially no intervention besides whatever dietary stuff they recommend based off of its composition once you collect it

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Saw this dudes car at the trailhead where I hiked yesterday. Everything about it screamed meth. Then someone told me about this story.

I'm sticking with the meth theory.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
Saw this dudes car at the trailhead where I hiked yesterday. Everything about it screamed meth. Then someone told me about this story.

I'm sticking with the meth theory.
possibly but this excerpt screams something way more embarrassing to me

1725638309319.png

It sounds to me like a self-inflicted BDSM/auto asphyxiation scenario, as a SAR guy for over 25 years it happens waaaaay more often than you think. plus he left his windows down and his wallet on his dash.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
possibly but this excerpt screams something way more embarrassing to me

View attachment 217971

It sounds to me like a self-inflicted BDSM/auto asphyxiation scenario, as a SAR guy for over 25 years it happens waaaaay more often than you think. plus he left his windows down and his wallet on his dash.
Leaving his car/wallet like that, leaving his dog behind, getting to a location in the mountains that requires a pretty significant effort, then getting lost/stuck in a place that has a very very obvious exit path, avoiding being found for weeks in a relatively busy area speaks to being in decent physical condition with a degraded mental state for a few weeks before he became immobile. Must have been one hell of a wank, maybe he thought Chilliwack meant something special. Either way certainly a proper Ohio man story.

Last edited:

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Sat down to book my itinerary for Monday and have discovered that there are either no one way rentals from any agency for this month, including the nearest international airport or there is a glitch in the system. Even the guy at the local Enterprise was stumped. Ugh

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
He was alive last we chatted, focused on moto and not being on RM.
I'll be in Tahoe over the winter and hope to meet up for a beer and see if he can still fog a mirror.
I'd wager he would be more likely to splatter a mirror.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
At 35 years old, throwing hay bales sounds like a good way to get fit, for sure. But at 57, at a gym, with many, many broken parts, the difference is that I can quit at 25 bales. Out in the field, you damn well don’t quit until the bales are all up.

And then you can’t move for a month.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Uneventful trip on the germ-tube back to town. Now on the train waving at Toshi as I pass his posh neighborhood. :wave:
much more housing going up by the Central Park station, too!

all those new buildings by 38th and Blake are good for the young hipsters

too bad 40th and Colorado is still a wasteland. it'll catch up eventually.