Quantcast

>>>Phucket Friday GMT<<<

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Good morning, all you fine internet users. I ran four easy miles in the dark before work. It was a crisp 40 degrees. Beautiful morning. I got my free flu shot at work this morning. They make it so easy...they basically come to my desk with a needle and say "Roll your sleeve up."

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Good ride last night. Though I was reminded how dependant I've become on dropper-posts - those things are awesome game-changers. My LEV kevlar cable slipped and the shop wasn't able to fix it in time so I rode with a rigid post... yuck. I charged in a rock garden and tried one of those mid-air course correction manoeuvres, except that my seat kicked me in the ass and pushed me forward, I landed nose heavy, hard on the brakes (boy are modern disc brakes with 8" rotors powerful) and tomahawked straight to the ground. My knee, wrist, and ribs are sore this morning. So I dutifully went and crashed on my morning commute (with kid in the bike seat - thankfully he was fully encased and didn't really seem bothered at all!). I washed out on some unseen gravel in a construction site... luckily no one was hurt, but it was a wakeup call that construction sites are dangerous, wet muddy tires don't grip well, especially when it's cold out.

have a good weekend everybody.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Morning! Assembly this afternoon so that means I get to miss my crazy class (happy dance), but I am filling in for the tech guy because he's at jury duty so I have to make sure everything works for the whole school assembly...yeah me! Off to make some coffee to get me through to lunch.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Morning! Meetings, meetings, meetings .. is it beer time, yet?
I got approached about an interesting job opportunity yesterday but I am not letting my hopes fly high, I've seen that story before.

RoboDonkey713

Monkey
Feb 24, 2011
Maine
I feel your dropper pain @slyfink. My Reverb decided that it just didn't want to work anymore last night. I did have my Enduro collar in my Enduro ass bag so I didn't have to low post it back to the truck. If one was to buy a new dropper, what is the best bang for the buck?

Doing to do a 90 mile gravel mission on Sunday around Mt Katahdin, which is Maine's tallest mountain. Should be a long and mellow day of getting blinded by foliage.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
real good climbing session last night. finished a line i'd been trying to complete for a while. post climb wings and beers. some dude rolled into the bar with a super mega jacked up face. like, skin peeling, boils, etc. thought "man that is some fucked up face cancer" while trying not to stare. then caught a glimpse of his hoodie, he was a haunted house worked :rofl: hit the shed way too hard when i got home, almost derped out on the couch. woke up exhausted, had to nap after wife and kid left before i came into the office.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Work.

Bike repair later.

A picture for @Toshi and perhaps @stevew from my commute this morning.

Right hand drive, full steel bumpers, exoskeleton around the base of the body and its a diesel.
70 series Landcruiser?
Bingo. Looks a lot like a late 1980s Isuzu Trooper at first glance but a quick GIS confirms that it's a 70 Series. :thumbs:

Morning! Meetings, meetings, meetings .. is it beer time, yet?
I got approached about an interesting job opportunity yesterday but I am not letting my hopes fly high, I've seen that story before.
You got that "w0rk from hom!?!" email, too?

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Storm is kicking in, it was a mess getting tot he office, then the office is in full panic mode. This should make for a fun day. I think I might hide in the shed until lunch then duck out early or something. So far there aren't too many folks here.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
The Ex girlfriend called at 7:am to go for a walk. I was surprised she did. So I gathered my resources and walked over to the park to meet her. She bought me a muffin and a coffee. I was surprised by this. I peeled the wrapper of the muffin and was attacked by a gang of these little brown birds. They proceeded to peck apart the muffin and it was consumed in like 20 seconds. They even flew away with the wrapper. Little bastards. I really don't like birds. We walked our walk and she declined my offer to go back to my place and have sex. I am now sitting at home alone wondering what to do with myself for the rest of the weekend,

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Very little sleep last night. I'd taken the dogs and the woman child out for a walk last night and all 4 of us almost got plowed by some stupid bimbo making a left in a neighborhood intersection. I managed to toss the kid towards the curb but the dogs and I basically stood 6-8 inches from the front of her car. I gave an angry glare then started to walk off and she rolled away, right as I step onto the curb I hear the car come to a stop. I turn around and this woman is yelling something out her window about how we should be carrying lights. 3/4 corners are lit by sodium street lights, the whole fucking street, is lit by sodium lights. We're in a god damn 25mph residential neighborhood, dumb bitch didn't even use a turn signal. I fucking came unhinged, like PTSD, I've sought professional help for this because I've already been hit by one bimbo making a left in a car before, unhinged. You're too self absorbed to take 30 seconds and slow the fuck down in a housing area at 7:30 in the evening on a nice night? You threaten the safety of not only myself, but my dogs and my child? I'm yelling ever obscenity in every combination I can think of at this woman, pull your head out, slow the fuck down, pay attention to your goddamn surroundings, and try using your fucking turn signal. If she'd gotten out of her car i'd have killed her. She finally rolls her window back up and drives off, probably because she realized I was a raving lunatic.

As we're walking up teh street towards the house, Carissa says to me. "Geez papa, that was a lot of bad words.". And she was right. Immediate regret, lots of insomnia because of a busy brain.

So yea, I'll probably be making a couple rounds to the espresso machine today.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
The Ex girlfriend called at 7:am to go for a walk. I was surprised she did. So I gathered my resources and walked over to the park to meet her. She bought me a muffin and a coffee. I was surprised by this. I peeled the wrapper of the muffin and was attacked by a gang of these little brown birds. They proceeded to peck apart the muffin and it was consumed in like 20 seconds. They even flew away with the wrapper. Little bastards. I really don't like birds. We walked our walk and she declined my offer to go back to my place and have sex. I am now sitting at home alone wondering what to do with myself for the rest of the weekend,
The Portuguese woman?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout

Very little sleep last night. I'd taken the dogs and the woman child out for a walk last night and all 4 of us almost got plowed by some stupid bimbo making a left in a neighborhood intersection. I managed to toss the kid towards the curb but the dogs and I basically stood 6-8 inches from the front of her car. I gave an angry glare then started to walk off and she rolled away, right as I step onto the curb I hear the car come to a stop. I turn around and this woman is yelling something out her window about how we should be carrying lights. 3/4 corners are lit by sodium street lights, the whole fucking street, is lit by sodium lights. We're in a god damn 25mph residential neighborhood, dumb bitch didn't even use a turn signal. I fucking came unhinged, like PTSD, I've sought professional help for this because I've already been hit by one bimbo making a left in a car before, unhinged. You're too self absorbed to take 30 seconds and slow the fuck down in a housing area at 7:30 in the evening on a nice night? You threaten the safety of not only myself, but my dogs and my child? I'm yelling ever obscenity in every combination I can think of at this woman, pull your head out, slow the fuck down, pay attention to your goddamn surroundings, and try using your fucking turn signal. If she'd gotten out of her car i'd have killed her. She finally rolls her window back up and drives off, probably because she realized I was a raving lunatic.

As we're walking up teh street towards the house, Carissa says to me. "Geez papa, that was a lot of bad words.". And she was right. Immediate regret, lots of insomnia because of a busy brain.

hit 'em with the bear mace!

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
also that reminds me - a few weeks back i was walking into home depot. some teenage wanker in a mini van sees me walking. speeds up. gets within inches of me. as he passes me i smack his window as hard as i possibly can. literally everyone in the parking lot looks. van slows down, but doesn't stop. probably for the best for all partys, he would have been in the hospital, i would have been in jail.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR

My daughter used to use the excuse "my dad was in the Navy". :rofl:

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
I was between a disco, a 70 series, and an older montero, but the rim on that spare is very Toyota.
This wheel, in fact:

(Looks like a 4Runner. Sold as a Hilux Surf elsewhere, thus the turbodiesel.)

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado

You can rest easy knowing that next time your daughter calls someone a festering twat roast it was you who taught her that.

Toshi

Oct 23, 2001
I can totally empathize because I've done a similar thing. I was riding bikes with the wife to an open layout mall in the U District in Seattle. We got cut off by some douchebag in a BMW who blatantly ran a stop sign and accelerated to turn in front of us, this in a 10 mph in-mall kind of situation.

I sprinted in front of him, dropped my bike on the ground, and then yelled at him for a few solid minutes. He honked the whole time because he was an asshole, of course. There were people eating lunch at an adjacent cafe, which gave me the reassurance that he couldn't run me or the bike over without repercussions later.

:D

Stupid? Yes. Sometimes it has to be done, though.

Jim Mac

MAKE ENDURO GREAT AGAIN
May 21, 2004
the middle east of NY
Saying F IT for BMX tonight. Taking kid to see Monster Squad at local (awesome) theater:

This coincides with Zombie Fest at said theater, we hope to poach the zombie fest party happening after!

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Bingo. Looks a lot like a late 1980s Isuzu Trooper at first glance but a quick GIS confirms that it's a 70 Series. :thumbs:

You got that "w0rk from hom!?!" email, too?
I think you guy got it. It was definitely a Toyota and guys plates were "93 MZJ77".

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
The Portuguese woman?
Weep gently and masturbate.

I bet she is in cahoots with lizards. It is well known that lizards and birds all work together.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Weep gently and masturbate.

I bet she is in cahoots with lizards. It is well known that lizards and birds all work together.
I am overdrawn on my spank bank account. I need actual stimulus at this point. I have contacted my old Booty Call Puerto Rican princess. She said if I get her drunk enough she will entertain the thought of spending the night as long as I shower first.... I wasn't planning on showering this week. We'll see.....