Quantcast

>>>>Phucket Friday GMT<<<<

RoboDonkey713

Monkey
Feb 24, 2011
Maine
Working on my water jet. I hate working on my water jet. Luckily, I found the problem and have the spare part in my toolbox. Can I drink beers now?

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Wife flying to Seattle tonight, back Sunday unexpectedly. Her grandmother is apparently deteriorating quickly, and what's monocle-money if not for spending on things like this?

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
PM me with your lodging locations and I can give you more specific "pro" tips: like watch OF from 2nd floor balcony of lodge which has a bar AND Beartooth Hwy is a must do if you're in NE corner of park (similar feeling to high Alpine roads of Ouray, and as pretty as Glacier without the tourons, since the road does all the climbing the hikes are shorter and dramatic.)
His tips are spot on!!!

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
I sent you a feeler reply/PM, but I think you're right re: back to school and the park should be less crowded.

I hear you re: organized camping, but SS is right in that there is no dispersed camping.

You can throw down outside Cooke City (for free-ish or $15/night FS campground) and I know a few hidden local spots grandfathered into existing pay areas outside West Yellowstone, which would add 30+ minutes each way to your park exit/entrance but would check the free/minimal neighbor box.

Unfortunately most of the food in the Greater Yellowstone Ecosystem is shite, but there are two taco trucks in West and a Tapa$ joint.
We camped free in a spot just outside of Yellowstone on the Beartooth Highway. Huge open space just after a couple of pay sites (they were full but the host gave us the info and it was gorgeous. I have to get my photos uploaded and then I'll add it. I think it was along Crazy Creek about 8-10 miles outside of Cook City.

Rebuilt a deteriorated jump on trail behind house.

Cut down some rosa bracteata and dug some teasel.

Did some shovel, rake, and wheelbarrow landscaping.

Picked up shock with new lower bushing from local machine shop.

Rode into town to pick up some new rims. Rode back with rim around my neck, almost managed to get taken out crossing Route 7 in Waltham.

It is now beer thirty.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Thread title is perfect today. Went out at 5:30 with the intention of doing a 3k 20 miler...got about 1500 feet into it, felt like poo and said 'fuck it!'

My timing was perfect, wifey just went to go pick up Thai.
Good choices.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Dropped off wife at airport and headed with kids to get Thai. Ran into a junior co-worker and his family there, as I'd recommended the place to him, and secretly paid his table's bill halfway through the meal since I'm sneaky like that.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
I sent you a feeler reply/PM, but I think you're right re: back to school and the park should be less crowded.

I hear you re: organized camping, but SS is right in that there is no dispersed camping.

You can throw down outside Cooke City (for free-ish or $15/night FS campground) and I know a few hidden local spots grandfathered into existing pay areas outside West Yellowstone, which would add 30+ minutes each way to your park exit/entrance but would check the free/minimal neighbor box.

Unfortunately most of the food in the Greater Yellowstone Ecosystem is shite, but there are two taco trucks in West and a Tapa$ joint.
what about camps 1 ,2 and 3. on Ashton Flagg Ranch rd on the Snake just outside of Flagg ranch