Quantcast

(@) Phucket Friderp GMT(@)

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
goddamn early shifts suck balls. I hate getting up at 3...I need to go do something this afternoon as the forecast is for rain all weekend and the wife wants me to do a shit load of honey do's

At least there is no traffic in the Bay Area. Last time it was like this was 911 or the Loma Prieta Earthquake in the 80s

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I paid $1.89 for gas last night. That doesn't entirely suck. Then I went to the high school track for my run workout and it was frikkin packed. Seriously, what the hell. When there is no China Flu going around, the track is empty, but now everybody feels the need to go exercise?

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
Working on welding several vehicles together and shoehorning a huge straight pipe motor into it. I also ordered a crusader helmet and a strappy leather outfit. Can't get a cyan mohawk cause the barber shop is closed tho.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Working on welding several vehicles together and shoehorning a huge straight pipe motor into it. I also ordered a crusader helmet and a strappy leather outfit. Can't get a cyan mohawk cause the barber shop is closed tho.
How's your crossbow and sawnoff situation looking?

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Gotta love the economy of scale, got a quote to have a sheet metal bracket made, and it was $338 for one, $82 per for 5, and $52 per for 10. So much for making a test mule, I'll have to convince a buddy to cut and bend it for me.

Otherwise, not much cracking. Just another day working hard at home.

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
Got a solid 10 hours of sleep. Been a while.

All the best to all sick Monkeys and those on the front line. Hang in there.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
MIL2 and FIL left Bay Area for wedding in TN yesterday am. They are driving 93 y/o grandma to AZ on the way. They haven't been isolating, so I'm putting odds that grandma gets sick after the drive. Wifey hasn't told them we're not coming yet, but I think they're assuming it at this point. I told her that she should let them know that we've been diagnosed, but are planning on coming still. Just to see her response...

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
My barber was open 3 days this week and I didn't go. Posted on Facebook they are now closed until whenever. I was fine until now, dammit.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
MIL2 and FIL left Bay Area for wedding in TN yesterday am. They are driving 93 y/o grandma to AZ on the way. They haven't been isolating, so I'm putting odds that grandma gets sick after the drive. Wifey hasn't told them we're not coming yet, but I think they're assuming it at this point. I told her that she should let them know that we've been diagnosed, but are planning on coming still. Just to see her response...
wait the wedding is still happening?!

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
wait the wedding is still happening?!
Yep. They are driving a 62 and 71 y/o from bay area to Nashville for a wedding that should have been cancelled. Bay Area is overloaded, but has ICU. They are farther south too, so don't have as much* the same issues as @eric strt6 is talking about in Silicon Valley. Nashville has one of the lowest ICU bed/population ratios of any major city in the country.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Yep. They are driving a 62 and 71 y/o from bay area to Nashville for a wedding that should have been cancelled. Bay Area is overloaded, but has ICU. They are farther south too, so don't have as much* the same issues as @eric strt6 is talking about in Silicon Valley. Nashville has one of the lowest ICU bed/population ratios of any major city in the country.
"happy wedding! you killed half the family!"

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
"happy wedding! you killed half the family!"
"Fortunately, we are also dead, so... we don't care?"

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
So the trackpad driver on my work laptop keeps cutting out. I have a little travel mouse, but it kind of defeats the purpose of a laptop aye...

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

I am thinking of designing a modular pop up gun turret that mounts inside of a roof box. Every Subaru in this town could be a stealthy gun truck.

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
I am thinking of designing a modular pop up gun turret that mounts inside of a roof box. Every Subaru in this town could be a stealthy gun truck.
I just realized why those guys were so hard up for gas. This thing gets three miles to the gallon. And it's literally stealing testosterone from rednecks when they see it.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle

I assume they are hitting Wally World when done.

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
Sometimes I spent 10-15 minutes writing the most insulting, condescending comebacks I can come up with on reddit. Then I don't read the reply. The goal is to get a two page screed. Truth is, I never really cared about the subject matter and ghosting them is even more insulting. Love that place.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Sometimes I spent 10-15 minutes writing the most insulting, condescending comebacks I can come up with on reddit. Then I don't read the reply. The goal is to get a two page screed. Truth is, I never really cared about the subject matter and ghosting them is even more insulting. Love that place.
Discussing your social media exploits on social media is so meta

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Would give a whole new meaning to a vehicle being murdered out.

In fact, maybe you can murder the person who decided murdered out should be a term we should use.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
there are hall monitors char/meck county....local radio station says police have gotten 1200 complaints of people violating stay at home order...