Quantcast

(@) Phucket Friderp GMT(@)

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Well fuck me. Driving the Mercedes to go pick up dinner and it died at a light. Pushed it out of traffic. Cranks over fine. 1/2 tank of fuel. I think the fuel pump might have died. AAA tow has a 90 minute wait. This sucks. At least my buddy was home and took Ruth to go get her car.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Auto industry slow down is finally hitting here....

Being forced to start taking one day per week off, which is in place until May unless something drastic happens. Other team members are being forced to take more. Sounds like our divisions in the US are completely shuttered. :(
You don't work for Valeo, do you? :D

Work is busy. Distances and virtual meetings make starting in a new job a bit more challenging.

In other news, riding is great. Hero dirt, nice weather, not too many people out there this evening. New fohk is pretty awesome. I am liking the short offset a lot, wayyy less floppy than the old fork. I don't understand how I always end up modding my trail bike until it feels like my DH bike a lot, but it is pretty awesome now. :D

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
You don't work for Valeo, do you? :D

Work is busy. Distances and virtual meetings make starting in a new job a bit more challenging.

In other news, riding is great. Hero dirt, nice weather, not too many people out there this evening. New fohk is pretty awesome. I am liking the short offset a lot, wayyy less floppy than the old fork. I don't understand how I always end up modding my trail bike until it feels like my DH bike a lot, but it is pretty awesome now. :D
because dh bikes feel solid and why would you not want your trail bike to also feel solid?

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
@mandown knows all the sex acts you've never heard of.
And @eaterofdog has probably seen them occurring in public in his wonderful state :D
I think I did most of them in my youth Including on SCUBA and Hanging 1000 feet up on a cliff in harnesses in Yosemite. God we freaked out some asian touists while climbing in Church Bowl in full drag with feather Boas and glitter, now that there was fun.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
I think I did most of them in my youth Including on SCUBA and Hanging 1000 feet up on a cliff in harnesses in Yosemite. God we freaked out some asian touists while climbing in Church Bowl in full drag with feather Boas and glitter, now that there was fun.
I need that picture in a frame next to the one I have of JBP in red glitter heels on a bike on an office.

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
Thanks @SkaredShtles

My partner also has it. (got sick a few days before me)

She's isolating at hers with her own kids while I'm at mine alone (my kids are nearby)

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
thanks guys. found the Covid thread so moved my shit over there rather than ruin this one.

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
eh

I honestly think I had the flu because my sig other got a flu shot and she's not sick.

Plus my most prominent symptom was just shitting my guts out for a week. I only had a fever for 2.5 days, I'm kind of passing the 5 day rebound a lot of people describe right now and not getting worse.

I don't question anyone else here. The contagion method of this nonsense is no joke.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Outside of you monkeys I know 4 people test-positive, 3 of them one degree of separation from me. 2 of them are in my department, in fact.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Outside of you monkeys I know 4 people test-positive, 3 of them one degree of separation from me. 2 of them are in my department, in fact.

I have 4 coworkers and one friend who are presumed positive but were told they were low risk and remained untested.
The friend attended a seminar in Seattle, traveled to Richmond, then Denver and back to VA prior to diagnosis. Mild symptoms were obvious since the first of March. Thankfully she self quarantined herself for the past ten days or so when she realized this was the real deal.

Last edited:

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
We're still entirely presumptive here. Wife was sent to doc then ER because of shortness of breath experienced when climbing the stairs in the 3-story-plus-basement place we're in now. (She called just to say, "hey, experiencing this...what should we do/are tests available?")

So it's not like we're on the couch sucking wind vainly and unable to function, as I've heard some friends are. But covid tests are in such short supply they instead ran a full cardiac profile on her, EKGs and chest xrays etc, plus a flu test. (All negative...) It makes sense, given the tests are needed for those going into hospitals and monitoring health care workers. All we would be doing is Couchella 2020 whatever the results.

But given the symptoms of slight fever, slight constant headache, shortness of breath (not critical but evident on stairs for both of us), we're presuming.

We're still entirely presumptive here. Wife was sent to doc then ER because of shortness of breath experienced when climbing the stairs in the 3-story-plus-basement place we're in now. (She called just to say, "hey, experiencing this...what should we do/are tests available?")

So it's not like we're on the couch sucking wind vainly and unable to function, as I've heard some friends are. But covid tests are in such short supply they instead ran a full cardiac profile on her, EKGs and chest xrays etc, plus a flu test. (All negative...) It makes sense, given the tests are needed for those going into hospitals and monitoring health care workers. All we would be doing is Couchella 2020 whatever the results.

But given the symptoms of slight fever, slight constant headache, shortness of breath (not critical but evident on stairs for both of us), we're presuming.
I have had slight constant headache for a while now, FWIW...