Quantcast

>>>Phucket one GMT<<<

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
They're probably going to tell ya yer too fat, my bro

I would suggest a trial of semaglutide or tirzepatide (both of them are once weekly injections in the abdominal wall) if they offer it, as when it's causing issues with your optic nerve you really should do something about it.

Anyway, here in CO we had flooding galore last night after two evenings in a row of robust storms. Getting the roof checked out this evening, and in between working a half day from home I'm getting quotes for a mini split heat pump system to add-on to my house's central air.
Yeah I read that after posting. Interesting!

Next appointment is at the end of August, so I guess we'll see...

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
this might relax you....

no plywood to be seen...

the most recent video with all the updates adds about an hour to that video...

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Afternoon. Summer School sucked today....kids were cranky and didn't want to work; it was super humid and a bit warm. Oh well....I survived (and so did they all). Feel like I've earned a cold one, but I have a list that needs to be checked off.

sunringlerider

Turbo Monkey
Oct 30, 2006
Corn Fields of Indiana
Arguing with the local grain elevator/chemical company. Idiots failed to kill my rye cover crop on first try. So they are billing me for the second pass. I’m small potatoes but I pay them ~$50,000 a year for the pleasure. The issue currently is $2,600. Told them I’ll pay it but it will be the last dollar of mine they receive. My dads part of the farm is around $150,000/year. So they are potentially loosing a $200,000 account over $2,600. Fucking idiots. :banghead::rant:

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
Joo guys get hail too?? :fie:
No hail here, just quite the dose of rain and wind. Figure it's good to get the inspection close to the possible proximate event in case anything actually did break loose up there.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Been home 2min and the drama! 1st day of school boys not giving Haley appropriate space, etc. So now I get to have a conversation with the principal tomorrow. Yay!

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Been home 2min and the drama! 1st day of school boys not giving Haley appropriate space, etc. So now I get to have a conversation with the principal tomorrow. Yay!
what school in the ranch is she attending?

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
So I’m hiking up a steep, rooty trail when I get about three inches from stepping directly on a huge rattle snake. Would have put an Altra pattern right on him if he hadn’t lifted his head as if to yell, “don’t step on me dude “. I jumped back like I was being yanked by a tow truck. Dude must have been close to five feet and 2.5 in in diameter. Could see that his rattle wasn’t grown back from the last shedding so he couldn’t warn me. He politely moved off trail so I could pass.

9FD0268F-F6F5-4B16-867D-9B13DEF8C445.jpeg

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
So I’m hiking up a steep, rooty trail when I get about three inches from stepping directly on a huge rattle snake. Would have put an Altra pattern right on him if he hadn’t lifted his head as if to yell, “don’t step on me dude “. I jumped back like I was being yanked by a tow truck. Dude must have been close to five feet and 2.5 in in diameter. Could see that his rattle wasn’t grown back from the last shedding so he couldn’t warn me. He politely moved off trail so I could pass.

View attachment 180281
Timber rattlers aren't that common, good that he/she is getting plenty to eat.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Sounds like some lips need busting!
Haley know what to do, just give her the green light.
It's granted. I just reminded her to put down a loud "fuck off/leave me the fuck alone/etc" so that it gets a teacher instantly involved and under scrutiny. There's no hiding it when a 10yo yells that in a crowded room.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
30+ years of chasing dirt ribbons in NC and that’s only the second one I’ve seen.
Huh. The mountains near me in Virginia were filthy with them. On cold days they would try to warm themselves in the sun on the trail and there were many times when the only way I could get them to move was to pick them up with a stick and move them.

A very long stick.

iRider

Turbo Monkey
Apr 5, 2008

View attachment 180281
Did you NOT see all the public service announcements that your fellow countrymen and women show all the time?

HardtailHack

used an iron once
Jan 20, 2009
Maybe some good news around Lyme disease:

I hate those little bastard animals, I would have had at least 100 tick bites in my life so Lyme disease does concern me slightly. I try not to use Deet too much if I can help it, if it can damage plastic it's possibly not great for you.
Al Jazeera is awesome.

Last edited: