Quantcast

<<*>> Phuckit Fritag<<*>>

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
apparently my boss wants my g&o in today. i should start that.

:popcorn:
So our company wide IT got reorganized back in December, I was told that my role will be announced later.

Almost 3 months later and I'm not even sure who my boss actually is or what I'm supposed to do. I mean I have stuff to do, but... yeah.

:panic: :rofl:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
So our company wide IT got reorganized back in December, I was told that my role will be announced later.

Almost 3 months later and I'm not even sure who my boss actually is or what I'm supposed to do. I mean I have stuff to do, but... yeah.

:panic: :rofl:
If they're still paying you who GAF.

I pretty much get paid to post on RM at the moment :D

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
can you relocate it to a shed outside.....?
Re: water heater location

Mrs. Scrub would like ours upstairs (i don't know why...) if/when wall bumping big upstairs renovation in vague future times.

I want to leave it riiiiight where it is. Down in the concrete floored, minimally finished basement. Only a few feet from the sump pit/pumps.

Last edited:

scrublover

Turbo Monkey
Sep 1, 2004
Sunny. Warm. Windy and gusty as fuck. Not going into the woods today.

Grocery run, helping a neighbor with his bike, fucking about in the garage, pizza, catching up on some of our shows on the agenda.

Freezing up overnight and not windy tomorrow!

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Got the cassette moved over to the new wheelset. Jest need to get some Stan’s in there, correct air in shocks and some small bar adjustment and I’m ready for first ride Sunday.

maxyedor

<b>TOOL PRO</b>
Oct 20, 2005
In the bathroom, fighting a battle
Cold, rainy, and windy as hell. Sitting in a meeting with a supplier who recently moved to Tx to get away from all the LiBeRaL craziness in Ca, hearing them describe shit in Tx way wackier than anything I've even heard of happening here all while paying higher rents than anything around here makes me chuckle.

Re: water heater location

Mrs. Scrub would like ours upstairs (i don't know why...)
Probably so the shower heats up faster?

Get a tankless point of use heater if that's the case. Giant water tanks do not belong in living spaces with nice floors, if possible they should be located in an exterior area with precisely zero drywall near them. F water heater leaks.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Cold, rainy, and windy as hell. Sitting in a meeting with a supplier who recently moved to Tx to get away from all the LiBeRaL craziness in Ca, hearing them describe shit in Tx way wackier than anything I've even heard of happening here all while paying higher rents than anything around here makes me chuckle.

Probably so the shower heats up faster?

Get a tankless point of use heater if that's the case. Giant water tanks do not belong in living spaces with nice floors, if possible they should be located in an exterior area with precisely zero drywall near them. F water heater leaks.
Every water heater leaks eventually, they should be installed in a pan connected to a drain, or at least an alarm.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Afternoon. Got the annual boob-squeeze today and all appears to be well so I got my fancy new bi-valent vax, as did Syd, for our upcoming trip to Europe. Now we are home, boiling more sap and cleaning out the youngest's room for her new furniture set.

chuffer

Turbo Monkey
Sep 2, 2004
McMinnville, OR
“Cold” and “snowy*” here means work from home with no running of errands, bc road / traffic apocalypse Oregon style.

*29 ° Freedum & 3 inches of white fluff.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Looks like boss is putting me in for a promotion to an unlisted position. After going back and forth about comp at the beginning of the month, all this stuff I found around the data, bunch of adtl stuff I found that should be dealt with other groups, he was made aware that I've been coaching and training Jr team members, etc. they figured out that I'm doing almost the entirely of that job already. I think the "we can't lose him" reality check finally registered to mgmt above him. We shall see... I want more dollars!

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
So what's up with @kidwoo?
Just got the crawlspace dug out. Part of it was under the roof drip line so that was fun. Got someone I think I actually know who's now a plumber coming over with toys. Living in the heavily latino, last working class hood on tahoe has its advantages. Most of these white fucks with licenses won't even call you back unless it's to add a west wing to a mcmansion.

Nuking outside with most big roads closed so nobody can get here.

Still melting snow in hopes of a shit today.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Have to scratch riding after work, to go home and bring this box inside. Ain't nobody around here getting a free fork on my watch!

:panic:

When the cloud storage you use for everything in the work day suddenly decides you aren’t authorized to use it, and rebooting and password changing doesn’t work.
Authenticate it now.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Driving home from prom dress shopping yesterday (we survived though I am not sure my credit card will once she chooses) it got super icy with all the freezing rain. Lots of cars off the road and my girls were impressed that we slid on the ice and I just steered through it, gave it some gas and kept on trucking. Mom win for sure!

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
house on slab; no drain available...pan and alarm, although i will ask for a quote on moving it to the garage i suspect it will be prohibitively expensive. since old floors are real heart pine, 10 years old, i suspect it'll be impossible to integrate/match and we'll be looking at re-doing the entire first floor...might go engineered/pre-finished hardwood so we don't have to deal with moving out during finishing process...

at least it's 70* and not dumping snow!

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
house on slab; no drain available...pan and alarm, although i will ask for a quote on moving it to the garage i suspect it will be prohibitively expensive. since old floors are real heart pine, 10 years old, i suspect it'll be impossible to integrate/match and we'll be looking at re-doing the entire first floor...might go engineered/pre-finished hardwood so we don't have to deal with moving out during finishing process...

at least it's 70* and not dumping snow!
Pine ain't no hardwood son