Quantcast

PIC help !! Need pic's of Potato chip wall rides !!

Evil4bc

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Nor-Cal
Ok a few of you might know I'm building a bike park in my home town of Folsom CA , I have gotten the city to agree to put in a curved allride/ potato chip all ride but the city planner needs some photos !

I know they have had obsticals similer to this at both Jeff Lenosky's jump jam and the indoor slopestyle contest in Portland

Please help me find photos of these wallrides so I can build one for my bike park !!
Thanks
Brad

Pic for example

Castle

Turbo Monkey
Jun 10, 2002
VA
those look like so much fun! both layed out to my good side too!

I'm almost positive I've seen pics of some in lenosky's backyard too.....

I thought I remembered seeing some photos on Hcor, but I can't find em....

ServeEm

Turbo Monkey
Feb 21, 2006
SacTown
Huh, you're building a bike park and you've convinced the city to put in a wall ride in this park, interesting.

BJ-

Monkey
Jul 9, 2004
Australia
Ok a few of you might know I'm building a bike park in my home town of Folsom CA , I have gotten the city to agree to put in a curved allride/ potato chip all ride but the city planner needs some photos !

I know they have had obsticals similer to this at both Jeff Lenosky's jump jam and the indoor slopestyle contest in Portland

Please help me find photos of these wallrides so I can build one for my bike park !!
Thanks
Brad

Pic for example
You're a potato chip...

ZHendo

Turbo Monkey
Oct 29, 2006
PNW
if everything comes together, i'm making a visit for sure. good luck brad, i'm free to help if you should need it.

Evil4bc

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Nor-Cal
Huh, you're building a bike park and you've convinced the city to put in a wall ride in this park, interesting.
YUP
Jim the representative from the Folsom parks and rec's and I have been the only two have have consistently put some serious work into this place over the past few weeks , I'm also spending my next 4+ saturdays there building this place and overseeing the genral line layout with various community groups helping out along with making time to go out later this week and help lay the foundation for the "potato chip " which was 100% my idea the city and IMBA had some other ideas for wall rides that the city planer had some concerns with and Jim asked me for some ideas, you dont want to see what they wanted to put in :disgust1: .

, Jim the representative from the city has been very cool to listening to my ideas and letting me lay out the sections and change the IMBA plans a bit so the park doesnt suck in the end .

You should come out and help Rich instead of being so negitive :plthumbsdown: and quick to judge :shocked: :plthumbsdown:

There still allot of hard work that needs to needs to be done before we can open the park !
We need everyone's help !! Hope to see you out there one of the next few Saturdays !!

Evil4bc

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Nor-Cal
if everything comes together, i'm making a visit for sure. good luck brad, i'm free to help if you should need it.
There has been talk of a big opening jam later this summer :clapping: the park has lights and a fully wired outside sound system !!

ServeEm

Turbo Monkey
Feb 21, 2006
SacTown
You should come out and help Rich instead of being so negitive :plthumbsdown: and quick to judge :shocked: :plthumbsdown:QUOTE]

Not being negative, I was there the first build all day. Since then the wife and I been working Sat so I couldn't make it there, trust me I'd be there. That why I only ride Sundays. I understand you've been adding to something that has been started before you were even aware of it.

I remember in the recent past you were ranting on about how there wasn't any public announcement and whatnot. You almost were ragging on the whole idea.

I applaud you for how you've been contributing recently, just the tone you set on this thread sounds like this is 100% your idea and all your blood and sweat. A lot of other people have contributed that don't even ride bikes.

Like I said I'm not trying to be negative.

Evil4bc

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Nor-Cal
Park update here's an idea of what the wall ride / potato chip is going to look like , the wall itself is going to be VERY big with the overall height of the support post the city has set being a total of 15-ft high , the plan is to build a 6-7ft dirt mound all around with the wall on top of this mound .

First photo is of the poles set into the ground , these were set by using a power auger to dig 24-in deep holes to give you an idea using the power auger gives you the same feeling in your forearms after 1 hole as a full day of DH at N* and like any city job we did hit one power line in the process :) LOL

Here's a illustration of what the proposed dirt mound will look like before we add the potato chip wall ride .

And finally here's a shot of the final product , wall ride and dirt transition . Please do not flame my horrible P shop skills these were just done quickly to give the city an idea of what they were talking about building .

Evil4bc

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2005
Nor-Cal
Here are a few shot's of the completed skills section .... for now .
This is the set up for now so we can open the park up soon and see how things go .

Big Thanks goes out to everyone who worked on the park to help make this possible THANK YOU !!

Big Thanks goes out to EVERYONE who came out and volunteered their time to help make this park possible THANK YOU !!

The opening section

Overview of the first section

Looking back at the first section

Looking into the second section

Overview of the last section

A side shot of the last section

A head on shot looking into the final turn which you can take as a drop at the end or ride around as a wooden pump track

Another angle of the last turn

The end / FIN

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
that looks to be fun. and 15 ft! yikes. :pirate2: