Quantcast

pic of my girl pinning a road gap.

zachdank

Chimp
Jan 22, 2004
NORCALhellathrowdown
what is up w/ this forum? it is alomost as if female freeriding doesn't exist. let's see some action shots from somebody. possibly something other than a downhill race. there is this new revolution going down called freeride. i know some of you women are down w/ it.

Megan Black

I rocked whistler in a mini skirt and f$@* me boot
Jul 28, 2004
Beaver-town, OR
zachdank said:
what is up w/ this forum? it is alomost as if female freeriding doesn't exist. let's see some action shots from somebody. possibly something other than a downhill race. there is this new revolution going down called freeride. i know some of you women are down w/ it.
AWESOME PICS GUYS!

and you just wait. for my last weekend up at whistler this weekend, i plan on getting some action shots in a mini-skirt...i'll post 'em next week :thumb:

Megan Black

Jul 28, 2004
Beaver-town, OR
TreeSaw said:
Sadly...I never do anything cool that's picture worthy :(
I don't believe you, 'double diamond chick'!

well, I don't really do anything cool either, that's why mine has to be done in a mini-skirt to be picture worthy :o:

goodtobeIrie

Monkey
Aug 25, 2004
nor cal
Megan Black said:
AWESOME PICS GUYS!

and you just wait. for my last weekend up at whistler this weekend, i plan on getting some action shots in a mini-skirt...i'll post 'em next week :thumb:
I hope you're kidding about the mini-skirt...cuz it's bad enough that we have chicks like April Lawyer posing in a mini for her poster shots instead of some sick drops or something...why is it that girls have to try and look sexy for all the guys in this sport...Why don't you try letting your skills talk for themselves and they'll think you're even hotter than if you do it mediocre in a mini skirt...I'm all for looking like a hottie off my bike...but you aren't gonna catch me putting on my makeup before a ride...This post is in no way derogatory to the quoted...I'm sure it was more of a joke...but come on girls...get some self respect... ;)

Megan Black

Jul 28, 2004
Beaver-town, OR
goodtobeIrie said:
I hope you're kidding about the mini-skirt...cuz it's bad enough that we have chicks like April Lawyer posing in a mini for her poster shots instead of some sick drops or something...why is it that girls have to try and look sexy for all the guys in this sport...Why don't you try letting your skills talk for themselves and they'll think you're even hotter than if you do it mediocre in a mini skirt...I'm all for looking like a hottie off my bike...but you aren't gonna catch me putting on my makeup before a ride...This post is in no way derogatory to the quoted...I'm sure it was more of a joke...but come on girls...get some self respect... ;)
Absolutely not kidding about the mini skirt. And I’m not offended by your comments, but you should hear my “defense” since you quoted me

goodtobeIrie said:
Why don't you try letting your skills talk for themselves and they'll think you're even hotter than if you do it mediocre in a mini skirt..
Not necessarily true! Ask any guy on this forum. (Hey, we should do a poll in the lounge, that’d be a good one!) From my personal experience, all I’ve heard from guys is that they don’t care WTF a girl does on a bike, as long as she’s on one, it’s hot. I’m not going for hottest, I’m going for hot.

Skills talk for themselves, no question about that. These pics in my mini will be me showing my own level of skill, however that is interpreted. If it is mediocre to you, then rock on for being a better rider.

Who knows why April Lawyer poses in a mini and not going big (even though I know she’s got pics of that). Maybe in addition to being known as a sick rider, she wants to show her femininity. She’s not just a rider, she’s a girl too. In a guy’s mind, what’s hotter than seeing an attractive female and knowing she can rip it up.

goodtobeIrie said:
“I'm all for looking like a hottie off my bike”
and what are your reasons for that? Probably the same as mine for riding in a skirt: attention.

goodtobeIrie said:
but come on girls...get some self respect...”
ouch! (not meant to offend??)

I’m all for the feminist movement and girls getting recognized for skill, not just looks and not “having” to look like a slut to impress guys. But progress is slow and you have to play the game first. The fact that guys dig girls on bikes is a great first step. Now that we’ve dangled mini-skirts in front of them to get their attention, let’s show ‘em what we can do!

I’m not worried, girls will eventually take over and rule the planet…just a matter of time :sneaky:

Velocity Girl

whack-a-mole
Sep 12, 2001
Atlanta
goodtobeIrie said:

I think it's more about not taking ourselves too seriously and enjoying and embracing the fact that we're chics who ride. (And yes...the attention is nice too ;) ) It's the same reason I have a pink helmet with the Power Puff Girls on it....it's girly and silly and is a stark constranst to the dirty, muddy, male-dominated sport we choose to play in. I don't think many of us would give a guy the time of day who actually cared only what we looked like. As for gals like April...bottom line is sex sells. She's got a job to do and posing for those pics helps insure she'll have paychecks coming in so more power to her...let all the boys eat it up while keeping her out there rippin' up the trails :thumb:

goodtobeIrie

Monkey
Aug 25, 2004
nor cal
Megan Black said:
Absolutely not kidding about the mini skirt. And I’m not offended by your comments, but you should hear my “defense” since you quoted me

Not necessarily true! Ask any guy on this forum. (Hey, we should do a poll in the lounge, that’d be a good one!) From my personal experience, all I’ve heard from guys is that they don’t care WTF a girl does on a bike, as long as she’s on one, it’s hot. I’m not going for hottest, I’m going for hot.

Skills talk for themselves, no question about that. These pics in my mini will be me showing my own level of skill, however that is interpreted. If it is mediocre to you, then rock on for being a better rider.

Who knows why April Lawyer poses in a mini and not going big (even though I know she’s got pics of that). Maybe in addition to being known as a sick rider, she wants to show her femininity. She’s not just a rider, she’s a girl too. In a guy’s mind, what’s hotter than seeing an attractive female and knowing she can rip it up.

and what are your reasons for that? Probably the same as mine for riding in a skirt: attention.

ouch! (not meant to offend??)

I’m all for the feminist movement and girls getting recognized for skill, not just looks and not “having” to look like a slut to impress guys. But progress is slow and you have to play the game first. The fact that guys dig girls on bikes is a great first step. Now that we’ve dangled mini-skirts in front of them to get their attention, let’s show ‘em what we can do!

I’m not worried, girls will eventually take over and rule the planet…just a matter of time :sneaky:
Of course guys think girls ripping it in a skirt is hot...but I'd rather be recognized for my skills than my body...

My point of the the self respect is in general...not to you...I just don't understand why women in general have to give in to the whole sex appeal thing when it comes to EVERYTHING...if you want to look hot...pose for playboy or something similar...if you want to rip it up on a bike...do it...and not in a mini skirt...they just don't go together...and I understand your point...I'm sure you're looking for a man...but I'm not, so I choose to be recognized for what I've accomplished rather than what my parents gave me...

and I'm definitely not saying that YOUR skills are mediocre (wouldn't know)...just seems the mediocre ones are trying to make up for it in a skirt...instead of spending the time to look cute...maybe they should spend it working on their skills...

I'm sorry to bring any negativity into this thread...but it just bothers me that ladies think that when all else fails...we'll bring in the T & A...my opinions have nothing to do with the feminist movement...hell I wish it never came around so I wasn't expected to work...but come on...are we always gonna rely on our T&A to fall back on...my apologies to you Megan for any offensive remarks... :D

goodtobeIrie

Monkey
Aug 25, 2004
nor cal
Velocity Girl said:
I think it's more about not taking ourselves too seriously and enjoying and embracing the fact that we're chics who ride. (And yes...the attention is nice too ;) ) It's the same reason I have a pink helmet with the Power Puff Girls on it....it's girly and silly and is a stark constranst to the dirty, muddy, male-dominated sport we choose to play in. I don't think many of us would give a guy the time of day who actually cared only what we looked like. As for gals like April...bottom line is sex sells. She's got a job to do and posing for those pics helps insure she'll have paychecks coming in so more power to her...let all the boys eat it up while keeping her out there rippin' up the trails :thumb:
I fully understand you women taking advantage of the sex sells and I understand it...but we don't all need to give in...money isn't everything...and I think a silly pink helmet is a little different than wearing a mini skirt and showing off your body or T&A...and April's job is to ride a bike not look like a playboy bunny...although she doesn't go that far...she can keep earning that paycheck by increasing her skills and not her sex appeal...but I do understand your side of it as well...so forget I even started this topic...

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
goodtobeIrie said:
point...I'm sure you're looking for a man...but I'm not, so I choose to be recognized for what I've accomplished rather than what my parents gave me...
What does looking for a man have to do with any of it? I'm not looking for a man, but wouldn't be against wearing a mini while riding. Not for looking like a sex object, but because I can.

I don't think any less of the Williams sisters’ skills for wearing shorter skirts or tank tops when they compete. On the contrary, I think they can because their skills are so good.

Velocity Girl

whack-a-mole
Sep 12, 2001
Atlanta
goodtobeIrie said:
I fully understand you women taking advantage of the sex sells and I understand it...but we don't all need to give in...money isn't everything...and I think a silly pink helmet is a little different than wearing a mini skirt and showing off your body or T&A...and April's job is to ride a bike not look like a playboy bunny...although she doesn't go that far...she can keep earning that paycheck by increasing her skills and not her sex appeal...but I do understand your side of it as well...so forget I even started this topic...
The comparison to my helmet and Megan Black's mini is the having fun with the sport and not taking ourselves too seriously. Embracing that we're girls and having fun with it.

The topic of April and using her sex appeal is a bit of a different topic. Yes, I see your point that it would be nice if we could all be judged on our skills alone. As racers we all have a job to do beyond what we do on race day, and that is to promote our sponsors and their products. April (and Maxxis) have choosen a path that for them has been very successful....I know what tires she rides when I don't think I can tell you that about anybody but my teammates! For some it's the right choice, for others it isn't. I just wish they had more ads like hers but with some of the boys.....I still love the Cannondale ad with Cedrics butt!!! (Yummy!!! :D )

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Megan Black said:
I don't believe you, 'double diamond chick'!

well, I don't really do anything cool either, that's why mine has to be done in a mini-skirt to be picture worthy :o:
LOL! No mini skirt for me, but I think I may have found a good pic or 2. Not as cool as the jumping pics, but hey, you gotta start somewhere right ;)

The first one is at Diablo over the 4th of July weekend.
The second one is of me on my first ever Urban ride (last new year's eve)

Tashi

Monkey
Mar 6, 2003
yeah ladies, rock that bike!

p.s.: wear whatever you like, a mini is fine with me (but I'm more of a bootyshorts kinda guy, when it comes right down to it :D )

Megan Black

Jul 28, 2004
Beaver-town, OR
goodtobeIrie said:
so forget I even started this topic
hehe :nope: you're not getting out of it THAT easy ;)

goodtobeIrie said:
I'd rather be recognized for my skills than my body...I choose to be recognized for what I've accomplished rather than what my parents gave me
ahhhh, the age old dilemna (can be applied to many things in this world, not just biking and women). But I agree with Snacks, Venus and Serena aren't compromising themselves. I think being recognized for both is possible.

goodtobeIrie said:
I'm sure you're looking for a man
Yikes! Holy assumption, Batman! I'm not on the "lookout" and I don't have to be to enjoy a little attention. Why did you say you like to try to look hot off the bike, again?

No real offense taken, just wanted to clear some assumptions up. I understand you have a personal opinion on this, right on for that. I think it's an interesting issue and you bring up a valid point regarding sexism.

speaking of sexism, I want CEDRIC GRACIA as my slave-boy!!!

goodtobeIrie

Monkey
Aug 25, 2004
nor cal
Snacks said:
What does looking for a man have to do with any of it? I'm not looking for a man, but wouldn't be against wearing a mini while riding. Not for looking like a sex object, but because I can.

I don't think any less of the Williams sisters’ skills for wearing shorter skirts or tank tops when they compete. On the contrary, I think they can because their skills are so good.
I was thinking along the lines of going for sex appeal as to attract attention from the guys cuz that would go along with it...when you're not looking for one it's more of a functionality thing...as to wearing baggies instead of a mini skirt for more protection...but I will admit it was a very opinionated statement (the whole first one) and feel bad for voicing it...to each their own...but makes no sense to me because of the skin exposure and your legs will just look worse after a bad crash...but the minis do look cute if you're trying to attract attention...but if I was to try and attract attention I think I'd opt for a 10 ft drop...but you girls are all correct on "calling" me on my first statement...which really wasn't directly aimed at Megan's quote...as though it seemed to be...just quoted her cuz of the topic of minis...I'll admit it was more of a case of foot in mouth syndrome and topped with a little PMS...

and along the lines of functionality...minis work well for a tennis player as opposed to some baggies for them...as I think opposite for DH/FR...but that's my opinion...wrong as it may be...I guess at least my dumb statement got more women talking on here...

:stupid: (directed towards myself)

goodtobeIrie

Monkey
Aug 25, 2004
nor cal
Megan Black said:
hehe :nope: you're not getting out of it THAT easy ;)

ahhhh, the age old dilemna (can be applied to many things in this world, not just biking and women). But I agree with Snacks, Venus and Serena aren't compromising themselves. I think being recognized for both is possible.

Yikes! Holy assumption, Batman! I'm not on the "lookout" and I don't have to be to enjoy a little attention. Why did you say you like to try to look hot off the bike, again?

No real offense taken, just wanted to clear some assumptions up. I understand you have a personal opinion on this, right on for that. I think it's an interesting issue and you bring up a valid point regarding sexism.

speaking of sexism, I want CEDRIC GRACIA as my slave-boy!!!
Yeah...I'm sure I'm not getting out of it that easy...but I do apologize for my opinionated statement and feel bad for saying it...can't say I never stuck my foot in my mouth before...

and both is possible...and cool if that's what you want...didn't really state it properly...should have said something more like...it would be nice to be recognized for your skills first and then your sexuality...but of course I didn't...and basically bluntly said you can't do both...but I guess all of them proved their skills and then were recognized for being sexy...foot in mouth again...

as for my statement of trying to look hot off my bike...it was a poor attempt to say I understand the need to look attractive but more when I can go all out at it rather than be sweaty from exercise (of any kind) and give a half a** attempt...but mostly because when I ride I'm focused on that and not trying to attract attention...makes me more nervous the more attention I get...especially when they know it's a girl...

as far as the man thing...I guess that's what I get for assuming...but my thoughts were that if you weren't looking for a man...you'd go for functionality...as some baggies would cover you better after a bad crash..as compared to wearing a mini wouldn't give you much coverage...I'm just trying to keep the scars to as minimal as possible...but I'm sure this is a poor rebuttle to that statement...as the whole thing was inproperly worded and shouldn't have even been posted...way too negative...
Thanks for being kind enough not to reply in a negative way...as my first post did...especially once I reread it later I could understand how it sounded so B****y...damn PMS...peace :p

goodtobeIrie

Monkey
Aug 25, 2004
nor cal
Velocity Girl said:
The comparison to my helmet and Megan Black's mini is the having fun with the sport and not taking ourselves too seriously. Embracing that we're girls and having fun with it.

The topic of April and using her sex appeal is a bit of a different topic. Yes, I see your point that it would be nice if we could all be judged on our skills alone. As racers we all have a job to do beyond what we do on race day, and that is to promote our sponsors and their products. April (and Maxxis) have choosen a path that for them has been very successful....I know what tires she rides when I don't think I can tell you that about anybody but my teammates! For some it's the right choice, for others it isn't. I just wish they had more ads like hers but with some of the boys.....I still love the Cannondale ad with Cedrics butt!!! (Yummy!!! :D )
point taken and understood...I imagine if it was laid out in front of me I might have a go at it myself...I guess I should have stated it more like you and said if we're gonna do it why don't the guys have to do it more for us...give us more butts...I'm not totally against sexism...but it seems to be more directed at females and it takes away from the focus on what we've accomplished on our bikes...or whatever it may be...just seems like they're selling out and having more of their "fame" be about sexuality than how good they are at their sport...but I guess if it pays more bills than go for it...

and BTW nice pics...was gonna get another one for you ladies today...but I felt like such a jacka** I couldn't focus on riding and opted not to hurt myself today...maybe the karma will be better tomorrow... :(

Megan Black

Jul 28, 2004
Beaver-town, OR
no worries at all!

goodtobeIrie said:
I'm just trying to keep the scars to as minimal as possible...
yeah, me too and I agree: functionality of DHing in a mini=nill

i'm just doing it for the pic and the statement ("look at me! i'm soooooo good, i can do it in a mini skirt, yay!!" blah, blah, blah) yes, yes, i know it's totally stupid, having said that, wish me luck this weekend

and I feel you on the frustration. that's what i'm saying, we need MORE HALF NAKED GUYS TO GAWK AT, just like guys have a library of pics of women

i say we rally to appease the masses of women who want more bike/guy porn. i will propose this to Cedric and see if he will be the campaign manager...or at least the spokesperson...

Velocity Girl

whack-a-mole
Sep 12, 2001
Atlanta
goodtobeIrie said:
point taken and understood...I imagine if it was laid out in front of me I might have a go at it myself...I guess I should have stated it more like you and said if we're gonna do it why don't the guys have to do it more for us...give us more butts...I'm not totally against sexism...but it seems to be more directed at females and it takes away from the focus on what we've accomplished on our bikes...or whatever it may be...just seems like they're selling out and having more of their "fame" be about sexuality than how good they are at their sport...but I guess if it pays more bills than go for it...

and BTW nice pics...was gonna get another one for you ladies today...but I felt like such a jacka** I couldn't focus on riding and opted not to hurt myself today...maybe the karma will be better tomorrow... :(
Thanks! Those were taken one of the first days out on my bike and I was amazed that I could actually jump with minimal effort on her :D

Yea, I don't like the one-sidedness of it at times either. We get the shaft all the way around when it comes to the biking industry because we're not the big target audience. Even some of the stuff that is targeted at women is crap.....alot of the women specific clothing doesn't even account for the fact that we're cyclists and therefore might have thighs and hips that are slightly bigger than your super model toothpick (GASP!!! Oh the horror!!! ;) ) But it seems every year there are more than more women I see out on trails so at least that's a step in the right direction :thumb:

I say we start a "We want more pics of hot male cyclists butts" campaign. Maybe Cedric would be our poster boy :drool: LOL!

Velocity Girl

whack-a-mole
Sep 12, 2001
Atlanta
Megan Black said:
i say we rally to appease the masses of women who want more bike/guy porn. i will propose this to Cedric and see if he will be the campaign manager...or at least the spokesperson...
Too funny....we are both definitely on the same wavelength!!!

MORE NAKED CEDRIC PICS!!!

Megan Black

Jul 28, 2004
Beaver-town, OR
Velocity Girl said:

well, "great minds" and all that!

...wait a minute, you said MORE, does that mean you have a naked pic????

HAND IT OVER AND NO ONE WILL GET HURT!!!!!!!!!

Freak

Aug 15, 2001
Redmond, Washington
Velocity Girl said:

Gheez woman!!! Is that all you think about?? :blah: :p

crashing_sux

Monkey
Jul 17, 2002
Vancouver, WA
zachdank said:
i was just messin w/ you. if my girl was all about cedrics butt, i would have to regulate her :D
That seems damn near impossible but while she's busy checking out Cedric I suggest you check out Cedric's girlfriends butt. Let's put it this way, he isn't dating her because of how fast she is on a bike :)

laura

DH_Laura
Jul 16, 2002
Glitter Gulch
goodtobeIrie said:

i love to wear mini skirts when i ride. and it has absolutely nothing to do with any guy on the trail thinking im hot. im married, and i could give a **** less who notices me when im riding. i feel empowered when i ride in my lillte skirt. lets me know i can be as girly as i want and still kick some major ass. kinda like "anything they can do, i can do in a skirt and do it better." just because someone likes to feel sexy on a bike certainly doesnt mean she has no self repsect.

Snacks

Turbo Monkey
Feb 20, 2003
GO! SEAHAWKS!
laura said:
i love to wear mini skirts when i ride. and it has absolutely nothing to do with any guy on the trail thinking im hot. im married, and i could give a **** less who notices me when im riding. i feel empowered when i ride in my lillte skirt. lets me know i can be as girly as i want and still kick some major ass. kinda like "anything they can do, i can do in a skirt and do it better." just because someone likes to feel sexy on a bike certainly doesnt mean she has no self repsect.
Amen ;)

zachdank

Chimp
Jan 22, 2004
NORCALhellathrowdown
laura said:
let's see some pics of you " kicking some major ass" in a mini skirt.

goodtobeIrie

Monkey
Aug 25, 2004
nor cal
laura said:
yeaaaah for you...I already was over that post but whatever....I'm all about looking like a bada** chick when I ride cuz I can and I do and I ride like that too...but girly is cool too if that's what kind of chick you are...Thanks for chiming in... :thumb:

edit: but then again I have a bunch of tats and like looking tough...not into being girly...but I can look sexy as hell though...

and let's see those pics...I've never seen a chick riding in a mini...I actually thought they were a joke and weren't actually sold (never saw them in a store either)...Don't your thighs get scraped to hell when you wear a mini and crash?? Makes no sense to me other than purely for looks and I like being recognized for my ass kicking riding...not how nice my ass looks...cuz my riding makes me feel empowered regardless of what I'm wearing... ;)