Quantcast

pic of my girl pinning a road gap.

Lefty

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Megan calls me a babe.
Here's more, this a girlfriend of mine, Annemieke, who just bought her Beone woodbumble, a week before this trip, we took. I took care that she bought that bike from a friend off mine. It was still brand new. She loves the bike, it is really sweet.

Three more:

Simms

Chimp
Sep 17, 2004
summit county Colorado
tmx said:
if i may ask you all, albeit late, about the april lawyer thing. have any of you heard the lude comments she endures during her practice and race runs? maybe it only happened back east, but there were some kooks in the trees at west virginia and mt snow aggressively hollering some pretty nasty crap at her everytime she passed. it was really unnerving and i hoped she was so focused she couldn't actually hear them. one female friend said she thought april deserved it for posing as she has. i disagree.
I hear ya on that one! I met April This year at the Norba Race at Snowshoe and she is very down to earth. She chilled in our store for a while and signed posters. People are going to be opinionated and judgmental.... but what’s best of all is April's reaction to that. She doesn't let that crap bother her.... she just goes big. And If I could ride like she does and have the looks too...Why not show it off and be Proud to have it. She works hard for it. She might be in a super tight skirt in the posters but she can back her **** up with skill on the bike . And for all the people who are obsessed with putting April down, maybe they should channel that jealousy and hate into riding. OR get a hobby. :rolleyes:

Mar 29, 2004
Virginia Beach, VA
Ok this is a great thread. Luckily I was horribly bored at work and stumbled in here, never to leave.

It seems like all the freeride MTB chicks are in the Pacific NW, quite interesting. Screw Colorado, i'm moving to Seattle.

I thank all of you for making my day go by faster-ride on.

By the way, i'm glad it was Megan in the miniskirt, not Full Trucker. :thumb:

DH Diva

Wonderwoman
Jun 12, 2002
I'm breakin the rules and posting race pics, because well, I've got way more race picts and I don't think there's anything wrong with racing! (and I'm board not being able to ride so I feel the need to bask in past glory ;) )

Here are two shots from my first pro race:

zachdank

Chimp
Jan 22, 2004
NORCALhellathrowdown
i didn't say there was anything wrong w/ racing. :rolleyes: i just wanted to start a thread on female freeriding. the racing thing has been done over and over again. freeride and racing are 2 different things :blah: as far as i know, there are no pro female freeriders yet. maybe there are, and i haven't heard of them yet. i wanna see some girls getting to the rampage level. take your racing skills, and go send it big. :thumb: it's gonna happen eventualy. females need to step up the freeride scene.

DH Diva

Wonderwoman
Jun 12, 2002
zachdank said:
i didn't say there was anything wrong w/ racing. :rolleyes: i just wanted to start a thread on female freeriding. the racing thing has been done over and over again. freeride and racing are 2 different things :blah: as far as i know, there are no pro female freeriders yet. maybe there are, and i haven't heard of them yet. i wanna see some girls getting to the rampage level. take your racing skills, and go send it big. :thumb: it's gonna happen eventualy. females need to step up the freeride scene.
I understand your point, but most of the women that post here don't really care if your racing or freeriding as long as your riding, (and most women on this board partake in several different types of riding) . We don't really get exclusive, and we respect all aspects of riding. Most of the pict threads that pop up on this board showcase all forms of riding, and include everyone. I think that that's why we have created such a tight community here and so many of us have become friends outside of the computer and in real life. We have all got mad respect for eachother regardless if we're cross racing, bmxing, freeriding, xc, road racing, dh racing, urban riding ect. We like to see it all. Keep the pictures 'em coming gals!

BTW-This came up in the PNW forum but thought it was very relevant to this thread. There's a great video of a girls club that ride/race up in washington called the Speedy Beavers. You can find it in the video section on gohuckyourself.com. Their video is great, and funny!

DH Diva

Wonderwoman
Jun 12, 2002
Oh yeah, two pro female freeriders:

Emily Johnston
Jenn Jones

They both do freeride events and race DH. And both are from the PNW I might add! :thumb:

zachdank

Chimp
Jan 22, 2004
NORCALhellathrowdown
DH Diva said:
I understand your point, but most of the women that post here don't really care if your racing or freeriding as long as your riding, (and most women on this board partake in several different types of riding) . We don't really get exclusive, and we respect all aspects of riding. Most of the pict threads that pop up on this board showcase all forms of riding, and include everyone. I think that that's why we have created such a tight community here and so many of us have become friends outside of the computer and in real life. We have all got mad respect for eachother regardless if we're cross racing, bmxing, freeriding, xc, road racing, dh racing, urban riding ect. We like to see it all. Keep the pictures 'em coming gals!

BTW-This came up in the PNW forum but thought it was very relevany to this thread. There's a great video of a girls club that ride/race up in washington called the Speedy Beavers. You can find it in the video section on gohuckyourself.com. Their video is great, and funny!
no need to be so deffencive. you act like this is your thread and your forum. actualy eveyone who posted pics on my thread have stuck to the freeride thing. and that's alright if most women on this forum don't care if it is racing or freeriding. even though i don't think you nessasaraly speak for all women on this forum. it's not a special club is it? i think there will probably be alot more females to post here that aren't in your special little group. i've been checking this forum for alot longer than my post count indicates. all that i'm interested in is seeing the progression of womens freeride. i do have an interest since i am one of the leaders of freeride revolution in the U.S. i'm not hatin on you, i just started this thread to push female freeride. you just seem to be a little territorial w/ your forum. i'm not trying to invade, or be negative. like i said, there i have no problem with racing, or bmx, or xc, or whatever. i just started this thread to see what kind of female freeride action i could bring out of the shadows. i know there is alot of unseen talent out there, and i'm trying to find it. and i'm deffinatley not down w/ the 2 page arguement w/ you. to each their own. you have your opinion, and i have mine. i can respect that, can you?

DH Diva

Wonderwoman
Jun 12, 2002
zachdank said:
no need to be so deffencive. you act like this is your thread and your forum. actualy eveyone who posted pics on my thread have stuck to the freeride thing. and that's alright if most women on this forum don't care if it is racing or freeriding. even though i don't think you nessasaraly speak for all women on this forum. it's not a special club is it? i think there will probably be alot more females to post here that aren't in your special little group. i've been checking this forum for alot longer than my post count indicates. all that i'm interested in is seeing the progression of womens freeride. i do have an interest since i am one of the leaders of freeride revolution in the U.S. i'm not hatin on you, i just started this thread to push female freeride. you just seem to be a little territorial w/ your forum. i'm not trying to invade, or be negative. like i said, there i have no problem with racing, or bmx, or xc, or whatever. i just started this thread to see what kind of female freeride action i could bring out of the shadows. i know there is alot of unseen talent out there, and i'm trying to find it. and i'm deffinatley not down w/ the 2 page arguement w/ you. to each their own. you have your opinion, and i have mine. i can respect that, can you?
I guess my point is, I really don't care if there is a number plate pinned to the front on a bike in a picture or not, as long as it's a girl ripping. If my plate wasn't on in those two pictures, you couldn't tell if I was in a race or not. And in case you didn't notice, I did post a freeride picture earlier in the thread. A lot of the trails that races are held on are freeride trails rest of the year. So who cares if there's a number plate in the picture??

zachdank

Chimp
Jan 22, 2004
NORCALhellathrowdown
it's just a matter of opinion. i find a big difference in freeride and racing. it's not something that i feel like getting into right now. but if you wanna post your race pics, it's an open forum and your welcome to do so. i just try to respect other peoples threads. no big deal. serious. you are a chick, and it's plain to see that you rip on a bike, so i respect you and your skills. i want nothing but to see female riding get bigger and better. not saying that it is not good now. but i know in the next few years it will go off. peace :)

DH Diva

Wonderwoman
Jun 12, 2002
zachdank said:
you are a chick, and it's plain to see that you rip on a bike, so i respect you and your skills. i want nothing but to see female riding get bigger and better. not saying that it is not good now. but i know in the next few years it will go off. peace :)
I really don't care either way if you approve or not of the nature of the pictures I post. It doesn't much impact my day. I don't feel that the pictures I posted were that out of line, but obvious they got your panties in a wad and for that I'm sorry.

You can cut the patronizing crap. Don't pretend to know anything about me or the quality of my riding. Just keep in mind, it's really easy to assume on the internet, but you often don't quite hit the mark.

zachdank

Chimp
Jan 22, 2004
NORCALhellathrowdown
did you sense some sort of sarcasm in my post or something. i was complamenting your skills on the realz. i've seen your pics and post before. talk about catty. my pantys deffinatley aren't in a wad, but yours are fo sho. you rule woman. woman power!!!! :mumble: feel free to get the last word in now. i know you will feel alot better. :rolleyes:

zachdank

Chimp
Jan 22, 2004
NORCALhellathrowdown
oh and by the way, any woman who takes an injury as bad as yours and keeps riding has deffinatly got my respect. easy now. there is no sarcasm in that.

legion of doom out :sneaky:

DH Diva

Wonderwoman
Jun 12, 2002
zachdank said:
oh and by the way, any woman who takes an injury as bad as yours and keeps riding has deffinatly got my respect. easy now. there is no sarcasm in that.

legion of doom out :sneaky:

I'll take that as a friendly truce then? :devil:

DH Diva

Wonderwoman
Jun 12, 2002
zachdank said:
i'm sorry if i have offended you. you rip on a bike for real, and i hope you are back on the saddle again soon. i was coming across lame in my post to you. i apollogize :p
That and I'm probably way too bored these days and looking for entertainment. No worries. If I'm ever in Norcal I'll look you guys up. ;)

Freak

Aug 15, 2001
Redmond, Washington
DH Diva said:
That and I'm probably way too bored these days and looking for entertainment. No worries. If I'm ever in Norcal I'll look you guys up. ;)
Why you always wanting to start stuff with everyone!!?? :D

Nothing but :love: for ya!

DH Diva

Wonderwoman
Jun 12, 2002
Freak said:
Why you always wanting to start stuff with everyone!!?? :D

Nothing but :love: for ya!

Because you and VG are never here to talk sh*t too! Where have you guys been hiding???

MUTOLI

Air Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
PNW
zachdank said:
Wow...I am famous! I am one of the Speady Beavers! :D Known as "Dirty Beaver"

MUTOLI

Air Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
PNW
Yes, check out our short video if you get a chance...

gohuckyourself.com
go to Videos...click on local girls/speedy beavers..

~Dirty Beaver

DH Diva

Wonderwoman
Jun 12, 2002
MUTOLI said:
Yes, check out our short video if you get a chance...

gohuckyourself.com
go to Videos...click on local girls/speedy beavers..

~Dirty Beaver
The booty spank at the end ands just the right touch! :thumb:

I've seen tons of good footage from south seatac now, I'm gonna have to come up and ride with you guys some time. Looks like a blast!

Velocity Girl

whack-a-mole
Sep 12, 2001
Atlanta
MUTOLI said:
Wow...I am famous! I am one of the Speady Beavers! :D Known as "Dirty Beaver"
Hmmmm....that's quite the nickname :p

The video is great!!! (And yes, the booty smack is definitely a good touch!)

And in case none of you have noticed mutoli's custom title.....she is definitely an "Air Monkey"! She was flying when Freak and I rode with her and her hubby up at Whistler. Watch out girls, we've got some good competition moving up in the PNW :thumb: :D

tmx

aka chromegoddess
Mar 16, 2003
Portland
Thumbs up on the video. Fresh intro, I liked it alot.

I was hoping the booty smack y'all were talking about was going to be similar to the trick Gale Dahlager was pulling at Lenosky's jump jam this summer. The No-handed-T-n-A. Burley and sexy within a set of doubles. ;)

MUTOLI

Air Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
PNW
Velocity Girl said:
Hmmmm....that's quite the nickname :p

The video is great!!! (And yes, the booty smack is definitely a good touch!)

And in case none of you have noticed mutoli's custom title.....she is definitely an "Air Monkey"! She was flying when Freak and I rode with her and her hubby up at Whistler. Watch out girls, we've got some good competition moving up in the PNW :thumb: :D
Oh, you just made me blush!!!! :rolleyes: Thanks for the compliment VG!!!

Megan Black

I rocked whistler in a mini skirt and f$@* me boot
Jul 28, 2004
Beaver-town, OR
damn! i wish i had access to a pc where i could check this video out! i gotta see the speedy b's rip it up and the booty smackin'?? wicked....

MUTOLI

Air Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
PNW
MudGrrl said:
The Video rocks....

and it is classy (intro outfits)!!!
We wanted to show that we can be elegant too...Nothing better than seeing DH girls that are decked out!!! :heart: I must say though....for some of us that was the first time wearing a dress like that!!!! :eek: Me being one of them! :D

Megan Black

I rocked whistler in a mini skirt and f$@* me boot
Jul 28, 2004
Beaver-town, OR
hahaha! saw the vid, great job guys! you all were looking mighty sassy out there, in the dresses and on the dirt. hopefully i'll run into more of you out riding here. was that you're booty slapping, mutoli?? couldn't really see but loved it!!

great song choice btw, too :D

:thumb:

MUTOLI

Air Monkey
Mar 14, 2004
PNW
Megan Black said:
hahaha! saw the vid, great job guys! you all were looking mighty sassy out there, in the dresses and on the dirt. hopefully i'll run into more of you out riding here. was that you're booty slapping, mutoli?? couldn't really see but loved it!!

Yes, that would be me, Mutoli-AKA ~Dirty Beaver! :D
Booty slapper!! :sneaky:

J

JRB

Megan Black said:
couldn't really see but loved it!!

We have got to get you something to watch videos on. :think:

That's twice I've read that today.