Quantcast

Pic of PUSHed Fox Vanilla RC

bpatterson6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 1, 2004
Colorado
The Spring cost 230.00 and I dont know about total weight savings yet.
But I know that the Spring and Shock together weigh less than the old steel spring that was on there before. I will figure it all out and post it.

In Reference to Romic vs "PUSHed" Fox Vanilla RC.
The 2 guys that run PUSH used to work for Romic.
One guy was responsible for the design of the Romic and the other
I guess just worked there.
The Turner Factory Team uses "PUSHed" Fox Vanilla RC's

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
jcox00 said:
Maybe I'm cheap, but are the weight savings of a Ti spring really worth it on a bike with this much travel? Are you pedalling uphill *that* much?
I wouldn't call you cheap, but maybe you're not looking at the bigger picture. Decreased weight, probably in the neighborhood of half-pound or a pound, makes the bike accelerate quicker, handle better, and easier to lift up, over and around objects that your travel won't handle. Having a lighter bike means less physical exertion required from the rider, and allows you to ride longer, faster, and harder. And besides, even if you NEVER pedal the bike uphill, you still have to pedal it!

:thumb:

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
bpatterson6 said:
But I know that the Spring and Shock together weigh less than the old steel spring that was on there before. I will figure it all out and post it.
no, no it doesn't. You save about a half a pound, at BEST (on a long travel spring). The fopx rc is one of the lightest shocks on the market as it is. Save the $ to use on an upgrade that is a bit more useful.

bpatterson6

Turbo Monkey
Jul 1, 2004
Colorado
Ok,
So after today's Ride I finally have a review for the "PUSHed" Fox Vanilla RC.
All I can say is...Incredible!!! What a difference. It's like riding on air!
Feels like a 5th Element or Avy. Better than a Romic by far!!
170.00 seems cheap. What a Difference. Soft Cush Ride, it's like the back wheel never leaves the ground!! All I can say is that it was worth every penny that I spent!!!
The PUSH Industries "PUSHed" Fox Vanilla RC gets...

ThePriceSeliger

Mushhead
Mar 31, 2004
Denver, Colorado
I got it done, and it feels like your back wheel is floating! Like your back tire is gluued to the ground untill you jump! I road it in whistler on gabanzo a couple times and loved it alot with the Nationals coarse and the whistler downhill and it was great. The landings on a-line were great even if u over shot them sometimes. I will send pics but mine doesnot have a TI spring. Im normal!