Quantcast

pic of the day (care of cotrials)

WhiteRavenKS

Turbo Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
neither here nor there
Hey y'all

so i got a boat load of pictures taking up space on my computer... what better to do with them than share with the world eh? so anyhoot- i figure this forum might be interested in a picture of the day thread. feel free to kick in pictures of yourself or your crew- trials or not.

start things off with a pic of me downtown denver-ville dropping to a rail. it looked a lot bigger through spomer's wide angle but i thought this one looked cool with the big buildings going on there:

WhiteRavenKS

Turbo Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
neither here nor there
i meant to start this earlier so i guess it's already tomorrow pic time... i doubt that made sense...

here is local trials homie/hero Josh Stevenson dropping from the big assed wall to the block below. about 7 feet down to rear wheel landing... fancy. i had been eye-ing up that line for a year and he hijacked it from me and im glad he did!

mtbdirteater

Chimp
Oct 19, 2003
over the rear tire
Originally posted by WhiteRavenKS
<snip>
start things off with a pic of me downtown denver-ville dropping to a rail. it looked a lot bigger through spomer's wide angle but i thought this one looked cool with the big buildings going on there:
Nice pic, I like the wide shot with the buildings and photogs too, always like different angles! Keep 'em coming... nice trials vids as well.

Dave

WhiteRavenKS

Turbo Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
neither here nor there
time for another picture here.

this is Matt "Dominated Colorado, next- the World" Robinson doing a small drop with Horsetooth res in the background. what this picture doesnt show you is the 40 foot straight down cliff he is dropping inches away from.... head games much?

WhiteRavenKS

Turbo Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
neither here nor there
cool, im glad you like 'em. i will keep posting as long as people enjoy the pics!

here is the second part of that last pic- Josh doing a big ol' bronco lunge all the way to the ground in the lower right hand corner. word. maxxis tires get our stamp of approval. :D

WhiteRavenKS

Turbo Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
neither here nor there
time for some more- i got a little ahead of myself before but now it's time for more pics:

here is one from the indoor CATS sessions in boulder. im doing a sidehop to rear wheel here- looks to be about 3 feet high. sorry for the sneezy lens.

WhiteRavenKS

Turbo Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
neither here nor there
it's close enough to tomorrow for another picture...

here is one of me on CU campus. this damn planter was begging me to get up on it... i did- barely and only two years after Matt Robinson did it! (sarcasm much?) it's about 43-44 inches to rear. burrito supreme.

photo by Matt Lovewell.

WhiteRavenKS

Turbo Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
neither here nor there
photo of a pedal kick to front wheel up on CU campus. photo by matt lovewell again. this is hard.

look im like britney spears with my ass hanging out... well not my ass but... nevermind:p

WhiteRavenKS

Turbo Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
neither here nor there
y'all dont get a picture today.... but i will throw you about 6300 frames of movie....

COTrials 5 for mac peeps

COTrials 5 in .wmv

it is 3:37 long- 5 was shot in denver and boulder.

thanks to Pancho, Josh, and Matt R. for additional camera behind the lens-ness-osity. also big ups to shawn spomer and josh mcguckin for their help with shooting stils and extra angles. also-also a big thanks to Matt here at Observedtrials.net for hosting this for me.

enjoy. questions? comments?

WhiteRavenKS

Turbo Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
neither here nor there
AARRRRRRHHHHGGGGG!!!! damn crash lost a ton of pics and ever precious views on this thread... damn you technology!!!!

better start making up for lost stuff.... here is another shot of me (well i guess now its the first one) of the big ol' drop gap in the poudre canyon last saturday... photo by Dolphin Overton.

WhiteRavenKS

Turbo Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
neither here nor there
ok- so the wedge is one of the hardest moves to nail in trials. you are on the outside of your wheelbase sandwhiched between two objects. normally those objects are stable (or at least dont move all that much- see end of cotrials 4 for the double rail wedge). this time though, i made the foolish mistake of trying to wedge with my rear wheel on a rock that moves considerably. carnage ensues. Photo by Ty from Ft. Collins. this is the pre-set up for the move, my front wheel will come down to the rock down and slightly behind my front wheel.

WhiteRavenKS

Turbo Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
neither here nor there
trying to put the kind of power to the rear wheel needed to get out of a wedge on a rock that wobbles like 5 inches back and forth is not my smartest of theories. this is me playing the role of ammo in a human catapult. my rear wheel shifted behind the take off rock and my front basically didnt go anywhere when i took off. great. photo by Ty again.

(notice the "oh shizzle" look on my face)