Quantcast

pic of the day (care of cotrials)

WhiteRavenKS

Turbo Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
neither here nor there
yeah but see dexter, you can easily fit 3 bikes in your room because you dont have to worry about ever bringing other stuff in like... girls. also i never complained that i couldnt fit more. its just that the closet is where the bikes naturally ended up. i found it clever but playa hataz just be all jealous and sheet. ive figured out how to get 6 bikes in my room. now i just have to get all 6 working. by the way, do you still want those 'park day' vids you jackass? just jayin' mang- seriously though, let me know whats up if you want the vids and how everything else is going.

abhollow

Chimp
Apr 2, 2004
Ft. Collins
Had some pictures of us riding up at CSU (Ft. Collins), here is a few. . .

Sweet picture of dirt jumping at sunset. . .

Sam airing the second jump

haha mmmmm red bull . .. (me riding)

Archilles gets his picture posted just cause his name is bad ass. . .

and an unrelated picture of lake arbor. . .(me riding)

WhiteRavenKS

Turbo Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
neither here nor there
oh yeah- forgot to finish my thought. "That Movie" is going to be my next stupid bike flick. it will be the most artsy joke you have ever seen (for example, im hyping it up and i havent even started filming for it yet...). it will have gnar ass local riders doing gnar ass local stuff (camp and heffe, i need to get out filming with you guys for this). im calling it That Movie so that it will feel more natural when people talk about it (which will undoubtedly happen- a lot).... i can hear it now... "hey braaah, have you seen That Movie yet?"...."no dude, but i have heard good things about That Movie".... "yo That Movie was sicker than a hospital, i bet the director makes millions off its sales and then loses it all cus he didnt get rights to the effin killah soundtrack".... "hello? local bike shop? do you have any copies of That Movie in stock?"

yeah. the sequel due out in early 2008 will be called 'who's on first.' get it? see artsy but a total joke. kinda like the rest of my life.

edit- sick typing skills, i just fixed like 12 typos in this post.

WhiteRavenKS

Turbo Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
neither here nor there
i guess this movie is as much a learnign experience as the first one... im playing around with lots of ideas and i honestly have no idea how they will turn out but i want this movie to be unique. i dont want to follow the formulae of other videos where an hour after you see it, you already confise it for a half dozen other flicks. but yeah... next time you guys feel like tearing the bmx track a new one or hitting up some dirt yummping, let me know. i would like to do many many filming sessions with you guys over the off season and toy around with some concepts.

May 24, 2002
Boulder CO
I am glad to hear that Kevin, I feel bike movies are so monotenous

They show great riding, but that's only half of it. I feel documentry style movies are far more interesting to watch....oh snap...doorbell...gotta run

Motionboy2

Calendar Dominator
Apr 23, 2002
Broomfield, Colorado
neversummersnow said:
I am glad to hear that Kevin, I feel bike movies are so monotenous

They show great riding, but that's only half of it. I feel documentry style movies are far more interesting to watch....oh snap...doorbell...gotta run
I have been thinking about that for a while. Documentary style... That gets me thinking again :)

WhiteRavenKS

Turbo Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
neither here nor there
i dont mean to talk deliberate smack about other people's movies because i honestly have no room to speak... BUT- if you showed say... new world disorder 1-4 in a row to someone who doesnt bike they wouldnt know where one ended and the next started. they are all the same movie with a little bit more 'progressive' riding in each one. someone flips a little bigger, someone drops a little larger... otherwise the only thing that separates them in my mind is the number on the cover.

im getting pretty tired of seeing amazing bmx and skate films and seeing the same boring cookie cutter movies being cranked out of the bike world. i dont expect to revolutionize the industry or anything but i wouldnt mind playing around with ideas of my own so that i can have an entertaining bike film for myself to watch from time to time. there are rare exceptions- i think Earthed is rad because its race footage and racing owns the nuts off brainless hucking. i also liked the collective as it was pretty artsy compared to what else is out there- i dont know if i would say it lives up to all the hype but it does better than every other hyped up movie else in the last 4 years. i would like above anything else to push myself with this flick in creativity both behind and in front of the lens.

off topic- i cant type for crap, seriously... i type like i like my sloppy joes... EXTRA SLOPPY.

DHblur

Monkey
Jul 23, 2003
Arvada, CO
If anyone wants to see what going beyond the stereotypical action sports film looks like, go see Match Stick Productions' new ski film "Yearbook". That film simply rocks. That's what quality movies look like!

TheInedibleHulk

Turbo Monkey
May 26, 2004
Colorado
sup brendan,

Whats goin on man. Congrats on 8th place at mammoth. I had surgery to get pins in my finger on monday, so needless to say mammoth was out of the question for me. I was hoping to be able to ride again by this weekend, then when I went in for the follow up appointment I find out im supposed ot have a hard cast for 4 weeks, which blows my nuts. The way the cast is now I cant hold on at all, not even enough to ride my XC bike. So anyway, this brings me to my point, my azonic body armor is still in the rpm trailer. I was planning on getting it when I went down to darner's for the Mine's race there, but as I will now not be going i was wondering if you could grab it for me next time you see the trailer(final descent?) If the trailers not there, its not that big of a deal. I actually just bought a dainese(before I found out my season was over), but I told a friend he could have the azonic. Thanks alot. Let me know if theres going to be digging goign on at arbor this wekend and I'll be there.

Phil

May 24, 2002
Boulder CO
K dog...whatchu doin through fall break...we should chillaxe...you can always come over to my place when you feel like getting out of the closet you call a dorm room.

30th and Aurora (few blocks north of will vill) Southwest corner, second floor, corner unit, number 3)

Lates

WhiteRavenKS

Turbo Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
neither here nor there
word- thanks mister! i am probably heading home to work on some stuff and catch up with some braaahs but i will probably be back. ill swing by some time soon! i definitely do need to get out of these dorms though... holy crap.

dcamp29

Monkey
Feb 14, 2004
Colorado
what a day in durango...first start with a beautiful mountain vista, then for some dh runs, a last place qualifier(on purpose of course), then 10 seconds into race run, a broken hand, then quick hospital visit, and a 6 hour drive home. he hee!

TheInedibleHulk

Turbo Monkey
May 26, 2004
Colorado
Dave, that story sounds familiar. Im hating this cast right now, and cant do sh1t until the doc thinks the pins are ready to come out. (Otherwise Id be tempted to saw this bitch off and ride, although I guess I could pull the pins out with my leatherman...) Take those vicadin and chill out man, I hope you feel better.

TheInedibleHulk

Turbo Monkey
May 26, 2004
Colorado
Yeah, mine was lame, unfortunately being a lame injury isnt making it heal any faster. Im now determined to get back for nationals, Ive been been running, spinning, working out like a fool to get back into shape.

Kevin, Red bull is having a photo contest to give out press passes for rampage, then another for the pictures taken there, winner gets published. So If you wanna go watch people huck themselves, you might check it out.

WhiteRavenKS

Turbo Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
neither here nor there
they should only give one press pass for every rider at the event. or some ratio less than 5 bajillion to one. imo look into that photo contest. i take crappy pictures but maybe they wont think so?

May 24, 2002
Boulder CO
DCamp, I almost broke MYSELF today.

Quick note, don't watch minnar try and "keep it low" too much...or at least dont think you can apply it to a stepup.

Oh...and if you have baggy shorts, pull em up...mmm...stem impalement feels good on ribs...mmmm

but yeah, i am not gnarler enough for a Dcamp injury.

dcamp29

Monkey
Feb 14, 2004
Colorado
neversummersnow said:
DCamp, I almost broke MYSELF today.

Quick note, don't watch minnar try and "keep it low" too much...or at least dont think you can apply it to a stepup.

Oh...and if you have baggy shorts, pull em up...mmm...stem impalement feels good on ribs...mmmm

but yeah, i am not gnarler enough for a Dcamp injury.
where you been riding? i suggest you put the bike down until nats.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Although I cannot attest to the guh-narliness of J's crash, I can tell you he was awfully dusty when I arrived on locality. Mmmmmmmm... BBQ.

May 24, 2002
Boulder CO
I seriously might stop riding anything but light XC and road until nats. I suck at this trying to be healthy thing.

I did however ride 30+ miles in under 1 hour 15 minutes today with a little help from Harris

WhiteRavenKS

Turbo Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
neither here nor there
stepped into my way back machine to a time when this thread had trials pictures in it... and look what i found collecting dust on my hard drive:

cool mo dee and the gang agree- josh takes rad ass pictures. look- he even makes trials look cool!