Quantcast

pic of the day (care of cotrials)

Morryjg

Mr. Ho Jangles
May 9, 2003
Littleton
Originally posted by WhiteRavenKS
me freezing my boobs off. this is the end of about a 28 inch lunge to rear... switch footed- HOLLER :rolleyes: notice my left foot is forward. skillZ.
How do you ride?!?! You are completely backwards! Your brakes are on the wrong side and you ride right foot forwards?? Oh wait.......it must be me that is backwards since you are the man w/ the sooper mad skilllllzzzz!! :eek:

c2001

Paparazzi
Aug 10, 2001
where everyone is
have you told anyone that you did an up to rear wheel 45" high? ok, i'll tell them.

kevin did an "up" to rear wheel onto a ledge that was 45" high. nut job.

WhiteRavenKS

Turbo Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
neither here nor there
this is a shot of former world champ (only time rainbow stripes mean fookin manly as hell) Kenny Beleay of Belgium hooking something about 6 feet tall. French Crazy in the membrane rider Giacomo Coustellier has done an up this big to rear. when i saw stuff like this at worlds i crapped my pants. seriously it went in my eyes, my brain got what just happened and i just started pushing.

WhiteRavenKS

Turbo Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
neither here nor there
ok, now i am depressed because i have reminded myself that my 45" to rear aint poop compared to the world class guys. too bad they wont even see it coming when i kick their butts.... in a few years.... yeah right. :D

here is the shot of my previous biggest up taken by matt lovewell, i think it's already in here somewhere but it's a nice reminder of how hard it was and how easy it seems now! 42-43" tall.

WhiteRavenKS

Turbo Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
neither here nor there
i forgot to add this- in uci trials rules your pedals/bashring/crank hitting is counted just the same as your foot going down. you take a dab for every time metal hits so they do everything all rubber. that means when they are hooking, they are only touching tires to the rock/wall. gnar. so gnar it makes me sick to think about it. i only have to go about 18 inches bigger to get to what they are doing! too bad that's a big 18 inches eh?

thanks spomer for the camera/other advice and for the big ups plug! :D

c2001

Paparazzi
Aug 10, 2001
where everyone is
dude, you did FORTY FIVE INCHES!!! that's so sick regardless of frenchie le leeper!!!

could you just put rubber all over your bike so they couldn't count the metal-dabs? seriously.

c2001

Paparazzi
Aug 10, 2001
where everyone is
also, how do you do a 6 foot up??? doesn't that mean your vertical leap is about 6 feet? that's recockulous! is his back wheel higher than his head when he puts the wheel down :)

WhiteRavenKS

Turbo Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
neither here nor there
haha, good thinking on the rubber coated bike idea... but sadly uci would call that crap just like disk brakes in cx. lame.

for the peeps that dont get how a 6 foot up is do-able: when you slam your front wheel into the wall, it transfers the forward momentum into upward travel. so basically when you get four or more cranks in on a trials bike you are going full speed. if your timing is good and you dont die when your bars/fork/wheel explode when the front wheel hits you get launched up like a kicker... only there is no kicker. its hard and i still get dj pee pants scared at the move.

damn euros. some day i will be that good!!!! :D word shawn. i think i just got a gl-2...?

c2001

Paparazzi
Aug 10, 2001
where everyone is
i see, so it's like riding up a 6 foot quarterpipe w/ 6 feet of vert an 0" transition :)

nutty...that vert slab hook thing is gnarprickulous!

WhiteRavenKS

Turbo Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
neither here nor there
Originally posted by Motionboy2
Did you order it?!
i just blew way past broke about 9 hours ago. sick. now i just need another 700 for that darn lens.

spomer- you pretty much got it right with that description:eek:

here is an old school screen cap from the grommits (remember that movie? exactly.)
casey fukano at Cook park in south denver.

WhiteRavenKS

Turbo Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
neither here nor there
ok, this isnt bike related but it is without a doubt the coolest thing i have done in weeks. months even. this is from my physics class today- we are learning harmonics here is as good of an explanation as i can come up with: an oscilloscope is a device used to measure the frequency of sound waves. a small piezo electric crystal acts as a microphone and when it is impacted by sounds waves it its compressed and generates a very tiny electrical charge. this charge is measured by the machine and translated into a visual wave on the machine's screen. we got to mess with this thing today in physics we were supposed to find out the frequencies of various tuning forks for this lab. needless to say i didnt do that. here is a screen shot from the program we were using of what a small piece of a fart looks like to this machine... it was hilarious. i almost pissed my pants i was laughing so hard.

mtbdirteater

Chimp
Oct 19, 2003
over the rear tire
we got to mess with this thing today in physics we were supposed to find out the frequencies of various tuning forks for this lab.
Hey, try an 888 fork and send us what that one looks like. Tip: It'll sound better without the axle in it.

Dave

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
i dont have an 888 but if i come across one i will try it. i did do it with a rock shox fork and it came out looking like this:
BWWWWAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

WhiteRavenKS

Turbo Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
neither here nor there
that stupid douche needs a haircut. i guess to be photogetic it helps to be.... not ugly :eek:

haha, you can see the scar on my arm from some tree taking a bite out of crime on my ass over two years ago. damn i am one doofy looking chump.

WhiteRavenKS

Turbo Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
neither here nor there
sidehop to front. i got this to rear also sidehopping later that night. no helmet! im such a bad influence. not that kids want to be like me anyways but- kids dont be like me!

photo taken by Theo Takeda by my camera after i sneezed on the lens and didnt wipe it off.

WhiteRavenKS

Turbo Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
neither here nor there
hold onto your bowels- here comes another skate park video!

Getty McGettles it here (right click and save as or Karl Rove will call you a terrorist! yyooowwweee!)

contest- spot the misspelled name and win a prize! yes I did misspell this one on purpose. it's a new game here at WRFP- email me if you think you found it!

valentine's day is a descriminatory holiday. it helps to have a "significant other" or "better half" or what the hell else people call their special friend. shouldn't there be an anti-valentines day where all the single people get to be cool and crap? probably not. im just out of my mind because i spent hours today putting 7/8" holes in my rims- trust me, next seaosn on the world cup DH circuit all the playaz will be doing it. :eek:

c2001

Paparazzi
Aug 10, 2001
where everyone is
contest- spot the misspelled name and win a prize! yes I did misspell this one on purpose. it's a new game here at WRFP- email me if you think you found it!
you spelled hannah's name "fuzz" that's wrong.
you spelled my name "spoons" that's wrong.

what do i win?

WhiteRavenKS

Turbo Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
neither here nor there
you both win! your prize is some sort of cookie. i will try to remember to bring some out next time i will run into yous guys. going to be at the park tonight?

schweet pictures josh. tim goes big eh? yeah- i would say so.

chocolate chip sound good?

Motionboy2

Calendar Dominator
Apr 23, 2002
Broomfield, Colorado
you both win! your prize is some sort of cookie. i will try to remember to bring some out next time i will run into yous guys. going to be at the park tonight?

Yep...tonight, WE RIDE! :)

schweet pictures josh. tim goes big eh? yeah- i would say so.

Yep, he definatly goes friggin HUGE! It always amazes me how slow it looks like he is going then BAM!! He is flying high!

chocolate chip sound good?
:thumb:

WhiteRavenKS

Turbo Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
neither here nor there
sorry baout the no cookies- didnt have time to bake something up. hope you enjoy the movies though!

here is a shot of me riding confluence park last friday. i think this was a wedge to rear from the ground up this rock. photo by Matt Lovewell.

WhiteRavenKS

Turbo Monkey
Aug 8, 2003
neither here nor there
"zzzish ish an exshelent exshample of the juxshtuposishun of natural and man made objectsh" -Some douche pump in one of my boring classes (imagine insane lisp and just spraying spit while talking... super cool, the ladies love him)

Mike Snyder- photo by me.