Quantcast

Pick a buddy a bike. Kona Coiler/Stinky or IH 7.3 (2005)

Knuckleslammer

took the red pill
Buddy, Jimmy2x, he's been on here before is lookin for a nice bike. Looking for something under 2k or so. Aggressive trailbike, slightly on the freeride side.

He's been looking at the Kona- Coiler/Stinky and the IH 7.3 or whatever.

I told him the IH would probably be the better of the two as far as componentry and pedalling, but he's tellling me it's 45 pounds? WTF?

Now the Kona Coiler is a nice bike IMO, but they are skeebs with componentry and I told him he'll be paying like $700 just because it's a Kona.

Now I'm not bashing Kona at all. I owned one and I liked it. I just think they are SKABS charging high dollars for bikes with sh*t componentry.

Now the IH would be better value of the 2 but I'm not sure about the 45 lbs. That might be too heavy for what he'll be doing.

Any ideas on this fellas? Ladies?

Kevin

Knuckleslammer

took the red pill
Shhhhhhhhhhhh...................

I want somebody to ride with. :mumble:

It's really not about losing all ties with the material world. That is impossible for me at the moment. With me, it was a realization that what is inside affects the outside and a hole on the inside is not filled from the outside.

Not to go off on a metaphysical rant, but I will anyway, it is not what you own that makes you happy. I don't need 8 bikes and 7 tv's. I'm just trying to live simpler is all. Realizing that my thoughts affect my reality is a realization that I wish all could understand. If you think the same way on the inside, over and over, you will become your thoughts. You will subconsciously choose scenarios in your life without even realizing it, to support your thoughts or idea.

Ok, bikes :blah:

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
Knuckleslammer said:
Realizing that my thoughts affect my reality is a realization that I wish all could understand. If you think the same way on the inside, over and over, you will become your thoughts. You will subconsciously choose scenarios in your life without even realizing it, to support your thoughts or idea.
its not that thoughts affect reality, its that thoughts affect your perception of reality. In all things there are good and bad... you can choose to see either. Seeing the positive makes you more pleasant, thus attracting better people, also bunnies, and birds and sh!t...

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
golgiaparatus said:
its not that thoughts affect reality, its that thoughts affect your perception of reality. In all things there are good and bad... you can choose to see either. Seeing the positive makes you more pleasant, thus attracting better people, also bunnies, and birds and sh!t...
Yeah - and no matter how hard I try the positive thinking thing, the bars around my neighborhood still suck ass. :mad:

Knuckleslammer

took the red pill
Well, I still believe in bending reality with thought. It works. Thought is energy and every physical atom at its core is just energy as well.

When you can step outside yourself and become the observer, you will see things differently. I can bend physical reality with mental thoughts. It works. It's just that time in this dimension prevents things from manifesting as quickly as we like.

However everything we can think, dream, etc, already exists in the quantum field. I wont get into this too much. But I've had OBE's, I don't talk about it much as people speculate that it's only a dream state. I wont argue with anyone on that. But I will say that in other dimensions of reality, objects appear as quickly as you can think of them.

Why nobody thinks they are divine in their own right is beyond me. This might piss some people off but I believe that each and everyone of us is a part of God and capable of outrageous things.

There are emotions for experiences that we haven't even had yet. There is a lot of evolving to do.

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
I think the IH bikes are quite nice as well. I would tell him to ride both and see which fits him better. How tall is he? I am selling some bikes soon that might fit the bill (K2 Disco Monkey...5" front/rear and a C-dale Jekyll). Just a thought.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
Those Iron Horse 7points look damn nice. That's what I'd be getting if I were in the market for a freeride bike at the moment - I was never very enamored of Kona, I think their build quality sucks and, as you said, their components are never particularly great.

Go with the Iron Horse!

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
SkaredShtles said:
Yeah - and no matter how hard I try the positive thinking thing, the bars around my neighborhood still suck ass. :mad:
You need to take more trips to the liq store.

Drink at home...
1. you control the TV
2. drinks are wholesale price by comparison
3. you control what beers are in stock
4. you can fall asleep and no one will wake you up to kick you out
5. You can get in a fight and trow the offender out and still stay to have another drink
6. No driving home drunk
7. juke box is free

Oh and, check Giant to be easy on the wallet yet have top notch components.

JimmyTwoTimes

Monkey
Jun 26, 2003
West Hartford
I'm here. I'm alive again. I found a way around those evil corporate proxies and websniffing programs. Ok, so back to the bikes - what's it gonna be?

(Is the 7Point3 really 45 lbs?!)

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
golgiaparatus said:
You need to take more trips to the liq store.

Drink at home...
1. you control the TV
5. You can get in a fight and trow the offender out and still stay to have another drink
6. No driving home drunk
7. juke box is free
1. I don't watch TV
2. Right on
3. Good point
4. True
5. I don't fight.
6. I want one close enough to walk to
7. Music is just background at the pub

Sometimes I'd just like a place like this to hang out in and have an ale or two. I mean, most of my drinking would still be done at home, but there's no substitute for a warm, dark pub in which to spend an hour with a pint or two. :D

rigidhack

Turbo Monkey
Aug 16, 2004
In a Van(couver) down by the river
JimmyTwoTimes said:
I'm here. I'm alive again. I found a way around those evil corporate proxies and websniffing programs. Ok, so back to the bikes - what's it gonna be?

(Is the 7Point3 really 45 lbs?!)
I think it is 45 lbs. Nice bike though.
Look around for a leftover that you can score for cheap. I think there might still be a 19" Stinky (04, 6" travel) left at a shop near me in Greenfield (Western MA), shop is called Wheel World. You could probably score that and upgrade the fork to something nice for less than $2K.

The entire town of Keene just flooded, maybe you could score a flood sale bike up there? (Take it apart, regrease everything - good to go).

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
golgiaparatus said:
Drink at home...
1. you control the TV
6. No driving home drunk
7. juke box is free
Not many women just dropping by the house lately. They all seem to be at pubs. I moved closer to the pub so I can walk/stumble home :D

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
rigidhack said:
The entire town of Keene just flooded, maybe you could score a flood sale bike up there? (Take it apart, regrease everything - good to go).
I don't know how Andy's shop survived, but you could call Bruce @ Andy's Cycle and see if he has any damaged goods that he's interested in discounting.

He's a cranky old goat, though, so don't be suprised if he gruffly blows you off :D

(603) 352-3410

He's the only shop in Keene that's likely to have any freeride-ish inventory that got damaged.