Quantcast

pick a rim

whinch rim will last longer (both in the 24" version)

• intense mag 30 (you know the blueish one)

Votes: 10 90.9%
  • atomlab DHR (looks like the aircomp but stronger)

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters

Stiff

Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Miss Washington DC
My personal experience with 24s is that the DDG lasts the longest. Too bad I sold it for $8. Shoulda kept it.

In the scrapheap:
Arrow DHX crumpled
Sun Doublewide crushed
Sun Singletrack (Mag 30 with pinned seam) on its way out due to inner track ripping at valve hole
Two rhynolites

These are all dishless 32h with DH/trail application.

No experience with Atomic 24s.

If only Mavic made 24s....

downy

Monkey
Dec 3, 2003
Annandale, VA
Originally posted by Msisle Dad
mag 30's and singletrack's are 100% completely different

Morgan
That's what I assumed. I've heard about people breaking single tracks all the time (and I think they're mainly a ds rim) while I've never heard anyone doing much damage to a mag 30 which I know is a big hit dh rim.

Stiff

Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Miss Washington DC
Oops, I'm thinking of the Doubletrack, which I haven't seen sold here in the US but which is on my bike right now. I also have a singletrack 26 for trail which is completely different. But the Doubletrack is the same as the Mag30 but with an unwelded pinned joint.

drt_jumper

Monkey
May 20, 2003
Manassas Va
both rims are mad strong...the main factor that i see is the fact that the atomlabs are easy to get tires on and off and the mag 30's are a giant pain in the ars to get tires on...at least with intense tires

drt_jumper

Monkey
May 20, 2003
Manassas Va
just an update but today riding i somehow flatted my front tire and didnt have a tube to put in it so I did the next best thing...pulled the tire and tube off the front wheel and kept riding for another hour in d.c. today this was on a 24" atomlab trailpimp..i weigh around 200#s and i did not baby it..i.e. still manualling bunny hoping on to benches and things and riding fast and loud. the only thing that happened to the rim was the edge of it got scrapped up it stayed true as an arrow, no problems. That should help prove that these rims are strong as hell. later adam

bagtagley

Monkey
Jun 18, 2002
VA
[hijack, sorry]

Adam, saw you picking somebody up over by the Evansdale library last week. I tried to wave you down, but you didn't see me. I wasn't sure if you were still in town and riding. Soon as the hand heals we'll have to do some riding.

Drew

[/end hijack]

Sir_Crackien

Turbo Monkey
Feb 7, 2004
alex. va. usa.
just got the my rim in. i bought the intense mag 30 and boy is this rim biult stout. currently i'm in the process of biulting it up. i need the take it to my shop to tension and the other things like that. looks like you all pick a true winner.

thanks for the help!!!