Quantcast

Picked up this S&M...

mace2

Chimp
Oct 27, 2004
Hey, I picked this up at a police auction earlier today. Got it for pretty cheap, and it seemed to be in good shape--however I don't even know what frame it is! It says S&M on it and it appears to be original. Does anyone recognize the frame (or components?)? Maybe a year? It's about 30lbs, and I'm lovin' it!

Thanks.

Mr Tiles

I'm a beer snob
Nov 10, 2003
L-town ya'll
what'd you wind up paying for it if you don't mind me asking? we had a swap meet a few months ago and a dude was selling a sandm holmes (I think) with the classic chrome slams for like $150. I wanted those bars!

freeridekid

Monkey
Oct 18, 2003
U-District, WA
I'm pretty sure that's a stricker or pbr, I recognize the decals and paint color. The stricker is just a lighter version of the PBR, so they look exactly alike.

mace2

Chimp
Oct 27, 2004
thanks for the info guys. i paid $85 cdn and it came with 2 old crappy mountain bikes. should be picking up a seat and grips today, can't wait.

Vlad

Chimp
Jun 16, 2007
That's a Stricker, probably with Euro BB. You got a killer deal on a great frame--hang on to it and ride the hell out of it. Aside from the mid BB and lack of brake mounts, I'm pretty much on the same frame.

Vlad

Chimp
Jun 16, 2007
By the way, Strickers are an evolution of the PBR, which was an update of S&M's Trail Version frame. The Stricker has smaller dropouts than the PBR, a Euro or mid BB vs. the PBR's American BB, and lighter, butted tubing in the front triangle vs. the straight gauge tubes used for the PBR.