Quantcast

Picked up this yup wagon tonight.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY

I haggled the dealer down $4,500 off what they were listing it for. Oh it's a brand new 05.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I'm actually "picking it up" next wed.
I did all the paper work tonight to se up for delivery.

Toshi

butthole powerwashing evangelist
Oct 23, 2001
very nice. the new pathfinder/xterra far outshines the old, imo :thumb:

Smelly

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2004
out yonder, round bout a hootinany
I just saw one of those on the street two days ago and wondered something. Why is the step on the bumper so far behind the roof rack? I understand the intended purpose (great idea, imo), but it's so far back that it kind of negates itself because you could just put one foot on the back bumper and one foot on the tire. That step should either be in a better location, or they could put rims on it that have spokes far enough apart to stand on.
Regardless, sweet buy. Sounds like you got a good deal.

J

JRB

Smelly said:
I just saw one of those on the street two days ago and wondered something. Why is the step on the bumper so far behind the roof rack? I understand the intended purpose (great idea, imo), but it's so far back that it kind of negates itself because you could just put one foot on the back bumper and one foot on the tire. That step should either be in a better location, or they could put rims on it that have spokes far enough apart to stand on.
Anywhere else on the rack and you can just open the doors.

Nice ride, Stosh.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Smelly said:
Let me tell you how much that little step will come in handy. I am constantly putting stuff on the roof and I can never quite reach that back of the rack.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
wow... that was fast. Cool. Thought there was a chance of converting you, but...

<in my best darth vader voice...>
The force is strong with this one...

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
splat said:
Looks good stosh.

have they told you how much they are going to give you on your old one ? BTW you can negotiate on that too. most insuravnce will try to low ball you to start , when paying out a total loss.
I just found out they are giving me $11,285 for my old xterra, that is $4,485 more than I owe on it!!!!

That equals a good down payment.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
lovebunny said:
dude your gonna like it. those things are sick. my brother has one. put the seats down and there is SOOOO much room in the back

Is there room for a whole year's worth of Playmates of the Month?

J

JRB

stosh said:
I just found out they are giving me $11,285 for my old xterra, that is $4,485 more than I owe on it!!!!

That equals a good down payment.
I need to total my Xterra.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
N8 said:
Congrat's stosh.

Tell us the difference between the old Xterra and the new one..
55 additional horses to start

4-wheel disc brakes

I counted 4 power outlets which is awesome

platic bed in the back

fold down passanger seat so I can store longer items from IKEA. :)

it's got an upgraded LSD so it's more active than prior years.

push button 4wd

hill descent control and hill start assist

Electronic brake force distribution

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
N8 said:
It is a little bigger inside? How about fuel economy?
Yeah they say 22mpg which is 7more MPG than my old one. THe last two items I listed above are options only on the OFF ROAD version.

Oh yeah and the rear storage has more cupic storage. I'm not sure off the actual difference from my old one.
Also the top storage basket not has a top and is lockable

J

JRB

stosh said:
Yeah they say 22mpg which is 7more MPG than my old one. THe last two items I listed above are options only on the OFF ROAD version.

Oh yeah and the rear storage has more cupic storage. I'm not sure off the actual difference from my old one.
Also the top storage basket not has a top and is lockable
They said 22 mpg for mine too. They lied.

J

JRB

stosh said:
Hey if I get 55more HP and can keep the same gas mileage thats fine with me!!!!
Yeah - I wish I had gotten the super-charger all the time.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
N8 said:
Will you need some beefier front shocks/springs to accomodate the ARB???
Yeah like I did with my last one I put on 15% stiffer bilstein off road shocks in the front. They helped a ton with nose dive. I also threw on replacement one Bilsteins in the rear and it helped the handeling a lot.
I probably won't be doing the bumper anytime soon. It's a new car so I doubt I'll touch it for a year or so.

J

JRB

splat said:
wow you did more than $11K of damage to the old one!! if it was that badly damaged you are far better off with it totaled.
It was all underneath, or nissan parts are really expensive. It really looked like $3-4 k to me. Of course, I am not an adjuster, just comparing to some damages I have had.