Quantcast

Pics from a new park in Greensboro

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
So we scheduled a workday at a new park just outside of Greensboro yesterday, called Northeast Park. It's about a 4.5 mile XC loop. Lots of fun to ride. But you see, there was this big gully section in the middle of the trail. So, we went crazy with it and, well, check the pics.

This is the approach to the gully. You can either go to the left or the right of the tree(that looks like a bench), or just bypass the whole thing by taking the trail to the right.

The beginning of the "expert" line. The original plan was to have a skinny going over the tree and drop down into the gully. But, I found it easier(and much faster) to just jump from the base of the tree down the hill. It was scary.

Landing of the drop and another entrance into the gully.

So after the gap/drop, you get to hit this sweet hip. It's awesome! :)

Hip pic #2

And finally a pic of the whole line. I love it. 8)

Thanks goes out to Mark Gatehouse, Matt "crusher" Furniss, Josh and Merritt. It was a good day.

adevault

Chimp
Sep 29, 2004
cool!!! great work!! thanks for doing that so where is it compared to the regular country park loop or bur mill?? hope to hook up with you guys soon!!

dhbuilder

jingoistic xenophobe
Aug 10, 2005
good lookin work guys. i especially like the horizontal tree trunk in the first photo.

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
manimal said:
oh man...i am soooo gonna talk about hitting that stuff :D

good work!

looks like another cone or something. so...from high point, further than CP?
yup. South of Reidsville, East of Greensboro. Probably 20-25 minutes from CP.

PCC

Chimp
Dec 4, 2003
Ga, the flat part
You guys are so freaking lucky to have someone like Gatehouse pushing for more freeride oriented features on trails. Here's a guy that is more into tandem road riding than freeriding but he still pushes the land managers to build the good stuff. There's nobody of his caliber down here in GA. Wish I was still there up there.

Get Gatehouse to show you the topo map for the area, there's a small island out there that looked like it had a ton of potential, at least on the topo it did.

Good luck with the trail building.

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
PCC said:
You guys are so freaking lucky to have someone like Gatehouse pushing for more freeride oriented features on trails. Here's a guy that is more into tandem road riding than freeriding but he still pushes the land managers to build the good stuff. There's nobody of his caliber down here in GA. Wish I was still there up there.

Get Gatehouse to show you the topo map for the area, there's a small island out there that looked like it had a ton of potential, at least on the topo it did.

Good luck with the trail building.
Thanks. He is the only reason why there is freeriding/high class trails in Greensboro.

Are you talking about topo of Greensboro, or the new park? There are some really good looking spots at the park for a couple of lines.

PCC

Chimp
Dec 4, 2003
Ga, the flat part
motomike said:
Are you talking about topo of Greensboro, or the new park? There are some really good looking spots at the park for a couple of lines.
The topo map he used to get approval for the trails at NE park. We spent a lot of time going over that map trying to figure out how to give the horse/hiking trails enough area:rolleyes: without detracting from the bike trails.

Most people don't realize how long it takes to get approval to make a new legal trail. I think it has been over three years since he made the proposal for the trails out at NE.

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
PCC said:
The topo map he used to get approval for the trails at NE park. We spent a lot of time going over that map trying to figure out how to give the horse/hiking trails enough area:rolleyes: without detracting from the bike trails.

Most people don't realize how long it takes to get approval to make a new legal trail. I think it has been over three years since he made the proposal for the trails out at NE.
hmmm, I must somehow know you then. I helped flag the trail about a year ago(I think). Then I'm pretty sure I know what area you are talking about. It's prime for some short steep runs.