Quantcast

pics from first ever DJ session

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Well, today was my first ever DJ session. Went with my younger cousin (thinking he wouldn't show me up too bad)... had a blast, was totally out of my league (both me and the bike took some bumps and bruises), and got totally shown up by my cousin.

I popped a bead and didn't have my pump with me, so my day on the bike ended early, but I spent some more time with the camera.

First, the couple we got of me...

Now of my cousin...

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
it's harder than it looks, eh? :thumb: props for getting out there and doing it.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
douglas said:
1)always bring a pump!
yea yea yea... I know. I don't generally bring my floor pump with me on rides, and the last few dirt rides I've done I've forgotten my hand pump on my road bike. I think I need to get a second hand pump so I don't have to worry about it anymore. This is the first time it's bit me.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Toshi said:
it's harder than it looks, eh?
yea... it was a lot different than I was expecting. 99% of it is getting ready for the jump (getting squared to the jump, balance, etc) and then it's just a matter of keeping the bike under you until you land. The other thing that got me was that I had to ride balls-to-the-wall for like 2 minutes (to complete the loop)... I'm used to going at 80% or whatever for 2 or 3 hours. It was tough, but it was also a lot of fun.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Guntruck said:
Poor 575.... :(
yea, I know... It did pretty well though. I cranked my fork down and put more air in my shock. My wheels took a beating, but other than that, it didn't flinch. I do think I'd like a smaller bike next time I go.