crashing at a trail near you...
2 days of construction
1 club
lots of volunteers
lots of wood
1 bowl crossing with a triangle shaped run down bridge
1 ramped entrance, ~20' long feeder
1' skinny x 72' long, 1' high
2' boardwalk following the terrain 72' long, 2-3' high, with 2' drop or tapered runoff (these exits not in pics either)
(not pictured...2.5' tall x ~12' diameter, shaped, built up bank, and layout of about ~200' more trail that will have banks, jumps (gap maybe, most likely table, one ramped ?' x 3' drop, and hopefully even a wall ride?

riders: Wess and myself
photog: Penny

more pics to follow...

ridetoofast

scarred, broken and drunk
Mar 31, 2002
construction will take place again this sat at 9am...we should be able to finish? come on out if you can!

edit: ride at 10 followed by cookout, then some more construction. more construction on sun at 9am

ridetoofast

Mar 31, 2002
results from this weekends work:
continued grooming/building of shaped berm
construction of another elevated platform stepping up twice in height culminating at 7' high and 3' wide, followed by an exit ramp at 32 degree slope feeding into a table top. both sides of the 7' section are lined with hay bails. i am trying to persuade the club president into a 'retaining wall' on one side of the bails which could conveniently double as a tranny for the drop.
http://evma.org/events/111205/index.html
http://evma.org/events/raised/index.html <----weekend previous for those that haven't seen it yet

ridetoofast

Mar 31, 2002
thanks. we had a pretty good turn out. im almost positive that we are going to be doing more trail construction in december (cutting new trails) but i am also trying to get permission to make a sweet log ride on the trail (the pics in the above link are actually at the trail head near the parking lot for easy access to medical attention :p)

Sir_Crackien

Turbo Monkey
Feb 7, 2004
alex. va. usa.
i have some pics of the stuff on that trail that i should be posting up tonight. i'm impressed with wht the have been allowed to biuld in such a public park!