Quantcast

Pics from Portland

fuzzycatnuts

Monkey
Dec 14, 2005
I am new to ridemonkey and I tought I would try to post some pics, hope this works. Since my GF is a pro photographer I have alot of them to share. That being said these are the some she did for fun and have not been edited, if you want to see her work you should cheak out her web site Karenjohanson.com, she has photos from redbull rampage, crankworx, redbull elevation ect...

The pics are of a jump me and my friend Chirs built on the only two days portland had snow in the 4 years I lived there. As you can see the kicker is made out of snow, this spot is on mount tabor, its about 10 foot drop below the wall and then the tranny goes down after that. As you can see the tranny is super long so you can hit it as fast as you want, the run in was about 100 feet down hill so you could get as much air as you wanted. Hope this works after all this typing :) Oh ya the rider in black is me and the guy doing the no footer is Chris.

enjoy (I hope)

-Kim

Attachments

fuzzycatnuts

Monkey
Dec 14, 2005
Hmm I guess that worked, I was thinking they would be full sized like netguys post, I will have to research this photo posting thing a bit more.

Netguy

Monkey
Nov 8, 2004
Whistler
Wasssup....

When you want to post them, like I did, you have to have a reference point....or...basically, they have to be hosted somewhere else, except ridemonkey.

I keep all my pictures at Photobucket. Its free. The signup process is involved, however they have not sent me any spam yet, so its all cool.

When you upload your pics there, make sure each jpeg is no bigger than 500k.

Anyway, when you upload them, they will provide you with 3 links, under each photo, for various reasons. You need to cut and paste the 3rd link into your Ridemonkey, post.

You can put as many as you want in. Just space down at least once, between each link.

Ash

DesuL

Monkey
Nov 21, 2005
Also check out Tinypic.com Its a free instant upload/host type thing. For ridemonkey it would work great since you won't get to many views ( i use Tinypic for my car forums where my photos get 100's of views a day + )

Didn't know Karen was a pro photographer :) thats pretty sweet occupation.

Five

Turbo Monkey
Mar 8, 2003
West Seattle, WA
Welcome to RM. I used to use Imageshack to host my pics. They generate the codes for you for posting on forums and all you have to do is cut and paste.

thesacrifice

Monkey
Aug 4, 2004
Pro photographer? I don't think any of those shots are particularly framed interesting or of any better quality then what a $200 point and shoot gets you. Not trying to dog your girl, but that kind of introduction warrants some killer shots.

Tenchiro

Attention K Mart Shoppers
Jul 19, 2002
New England
There is one really fun trail up on Mt Tabor that I used to ride alot. It is near one of the parkinglots that is near the sopabox derby track.

It basically runs you straight down, and then shoots you straight back up. At bottom if your not careful you will eat your handlebars from the force of it, but it is a hell of alot of fun.

TWISTED

Turbo Monkey
Apr 2, 2004
Hillsboro
thesacrifice said:
Pro photographer? I don't think any of those shots are particularly framed interesting or of any better quality then what a $200 point and shoot gets you. Not trying to dog your girl, but that kind of introduction warrants some killer shots.
How's this one she took of Kyle Strait?

thesacrifice

Monkey
Aug 4, 2004
I'm going to come across as an ass, which I'm not

But the foot being clipped is too turbulent and the colors are washed out. Other then the framing issue, she did a good job of giving the height of his jump some aspect.

Netguy

Monkey
Nov 8, 2004
Whistler
You forgot to mention, absolutely tack sharp, which so often gets overlooked in photos....

While we are talking about Crankworx, here are a couple of my better ones, starting with Kyles wreck!

fuzzycatnuts

Monkey
Dec 14, 2005
Man that one of Kyle crashing looks so narley. I didnt think he was going to get up from that one, the landing was rock hard, looked like he bownced off it when he landed. To bad he did not do better would have been a sick run, I think he was trying to backflip? Did you say you had a squence of it?

Netguy

Monkey
Nov 8, 2004
Whistler
Yeah...its a 16 photo sequence starting with him in the air, trying to pull the backflip, until he lands and wrecks. Its really killer.

I just emailed it to you.

Dr. Ill

Monkey
Nov 29, 2005
Where are thoses trials? I know there were some jumps at washington Park... until they got torn down. Those look sweet!

fuzzycatnuts

Monkey
Dec 14, 2005
Thats a trail me and my freind built. I also helped build the washington park jumps, sorry to hear they got torn down, I was suprised they lasted that long, sketchy area to build in. The location is secret, maybe if you private msg me I could give you my freinds number and you guys could go for a ride sometime, If he thought you were cool he would show you the trail. First gap is 20 feet on the section that is left, there is a large portion that someone distroyed and was not rebuilt, after that we only built with dirt, no ladders.