Quantcast

pics from Silver Star B.C

dbirds2

Chimp
Sep 15, 2007
Last weekend at da star and it was epic, stellar riding, lots of partying and some crazy things. My buddy broke his frame on the step up on world cup it was a freak accident. He landed and the frame split in half it was a pretty hard accident. I was so busy riding, I only had time for a few pictures. Cheers! maybe I'll see some of you at sun peaks or whistler. You know who you are. See you next year Silver Star...........

Attachments

Last edited:

Spokompton

Monkey
May 15, 2005
Spokane WA
[tHe] Saint;3038173 said:
damn... thats a long line

I need to go to more places like this....
That's what I was thinking. I was able to ride right onto the lift the whole time I was there.

OP, crazy your buddy would snap a frame on the WC stepup. That's like the easiest thing on that whole trail. Must have been severely cracked before that happened.

dbirds2

Chimp
Sep 15, 2007
yah! I dont know what happened with the frame. We took dags downhill and hooked up to world cup. He completely over shot the wooden step down on dags dh and I heard a very strange noise, never thought anything of it. I guess when he landed 20 ft past the landing on the step up and plowed the dirt bank it was just enough to break his frame. The lines sucked for most, I ended up hooking up with bike patrol and rode right to the front, I got 8 runs on SAturday and 14 on sunday.

dbirds2

Chimp
Sep 15, 2007
it was the last weekend for operations. For us eastern washington boys its time for a little Sun peaks before its time to hike a bike, I am really not looking forward to that. I've been pretty spoiled this summer with lift access. Maybe I'll quit my job and go live with my brother in Spain and just ride. I hear they got a good scene over there. Later!

[tHe] Saint

Monkey
Mar 24, 2006
Spokane, WA
I've been looking at moving to Vancouver BC to work. They are getting ready for the 2010 winter olympics and are building a lot of stuff, and I am a welder/fabricator, so it would work well for me. And then I could ride whistler every weekend.

MinorThreat

Turbo Monkey
Nov 15, 2005
Nine Mile Falls, WA
[tHe] Saint;3039124 said:
I've been looking at moving to Vancouver BC to work. They are getting ready for the 2010 winter olympics and are building a lot of stuff, and I am a welder/fabricator, so it would work well for me. And then I could ride whistler every weekend.
Structural iron? Haha, I bet they'd have you goin' 7 days a week plus overtime :D.

[tHe] Saint

Monkey
Mar 24, 2006
Spokane, WA
Yeah structural.... I was doing 6 days a week at 10 hours a day here for a little while, but I quit that place and moved on to another place still doing structural. I didn't want to leave BC when I was up there, I liked it all, so moving up there and working would be fine with me, even if its a lot of hours.

Makana425

Monkey
Feb 21, 2008
Snocompton
looked sweet, you need to get a new bike man that frame looked bad, tbirds the way you explain you getting mass air on the phone is different then pix