Quantcast

Pics from the Judas Priest show!

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
The show was AWESOME!!! JP put on almost a 2 hour set and Rob Halford still reigns king of the heavy metal scream...he even TALKS in a heavy metal scream! SWEET! AND he wore a big leather studded trench coat...this guys a rock star if ever there WAS a rock star! They hit the stage HARD and didn't stop...killer show! Queensryche kicked some serious ass too...I went away from the show with some mild whiplash and a hoarse voice from doing my own version of the Rob Halford heavy metal scream! Anyway, the crowd was something else! I snuck my camera in...:D WHERE do these people freakin come from...they were all over place...Aside from myself and my friends, I counted ONE normal person in the place...got a picture of him too!

Here we have what is believed to be the real live Beavis...check out his 80's style dress shoes with the shorts! SWEET!

This guys hayer is just lovely...he must go through gallons of shampoo and conditioner...

Note the magnificent mullet on the dude in the blue...love the red shorts, too..

Heres the only other normal person at the show...and that's the ONLY reason we took his pic! :D

Uhhhh...yeah...ok...thanks guy...I just puked up 40 dollars worth of beer!

The real fun starts in the seats during Queensryche. Here is a guy with straw like hayer, a she-mullet, and a skullet. You can see that the she-mullets husband in the red has his rock fist ready!

Straw hayer guy and his friend doing the heavy metal horn hand...

Straw hayer guy doing his ballad air guitar solo:

Straw hayer guy and his friend doing the dual hard rockin song air guitar solo:

Skullet dude:

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
SkaredShtles said:
Did you get any pics of fat heavy metal chicks in short skirts?

Dude...there were so many ole war horses there they needed a hitchin post!

There was one guy I woulda loved to have gotten a picture of...he had (of course) long ass hayer...and he was wearing tight tight pants...again, no surprise there...and he had no shirt and a tuxedo tailed jacket on! He was STRUTTIN his stuff...after missing that shot I made sure I had my camera ready to go...that was a sadly missed great photo op!

J

JRB

We've missed you. I am truly sad we are not neighbors. You are one funny chick. :thumb:

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
no pics of Rob's studded leather codpiece?

this fits in nicely w/ the (recycled but still funny) editorial in this week's issue of The Onion. i'd link to it, but the work filter denies it. some mod would modify my post if i were to type out the title of the column.

go see it, it's pretty funny.

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
LOOnatic said:
Good work Lisa.
The skullet and straw haired old doods are a riot.
I listened to an interview with Halford on NPR and he was talking about his chromed trench coat and 50 foot hydraulic lift for an intro.
Did he do that?

YES! Yes he did! It was a dynamic entrance and spectacular showy show...and that jacket kicked ASS! JP never disappoints...

Those guys were f'n hysterical...not to be mean but that crowd was a really unattractive group...but straw hayer guy and his friend and skullet dude were cracking us up!

Mocha

Monkey
Jun 14, 2002
Vancouver Island
I saw JP a couple of times many years ago (Turbo & Defender of the Faith). Good times!! Glad to hear they're still rockin' hard. Great pics, Lisa!!! hahaha :thumb:

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
narlus said:
no pics of Rob's studded leather codpiece?

this fits in nicely w/ the (recycled but still funny) editorial in this week's issue of The Onion. i'd link to it, but the work filter denies it. some mod would modify my post if i were to type out the title of the column.

go see it, it's pretty funny.
No...the pics I took during the show didn't come out...besides...I was too busy makin an ass out of my own self doing my heavy metal scream...I did the hms sooo freakin much that the next day my NECK hurt! HAHAHAHA!

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
Mocha said:
I saw JP a couple of times many years ago (Turbo & Defender of the Faith). Good times!! Glad to hear they're still rockin' hard. Great pics, Lisa!!! hahaha :thumb:
HAY! where have you been! Yeah, if you get a chance, by all means go see them...I'm kicking myself for not doing the road trip up to Reno the day before to check em out...I really hope they come back through again. I've been to tons of headbanger shows and this show had to be one of the best, most entertaining shows I've ever seen! I know they are coming somewhere outside of Seattle...my dumbass bro in law has front f'n row seats, that bastard! :mumble:

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
great stuff!

did you really have to sneak your camera in? what do they do about phone cameras?

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
loco said:
We've missed you. I am truly sad we are not neighbors. You are one funny chick. :thumb:

Awww shucks...thanks...:o:

I'll try to sneak my camera into the show I'm seeing this weekend...it's an Old Skool Funk Fest...I go every year and that is also a funny crowd. This year performing is Cameo, (I'll try and get a pic of the singers red codpiece for ya Narlus), MC Hammer, SOS band, and OHIO PLAYAS! SWEEEEEEET OOOWWWWWWWWWW!

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
"skin tight" by the ohio players is a great song. hey, i put "Fopp" by them on the cds i made for you, mainly because it was a song Soundgarden covered on their 1st or 2nd single.

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
narlus said:
"skin tight" by the ohio players is a great song. hey, i put "Fopp" by them on the cds i made for you, mainly because it was a song Soundgarden covered on their 1st or 2nd single.
Did you know that during the recording of Love Rollercoaster, the scream you hear in the background was actually the scream of a woman who was killed during the taping? :eek: :rolleyes:

I can't wait for them to do that song...I will rap along ala Chili Peppers style! :thumb:

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
What a funny set of pics.

BTW, exactly WHO is the normal guy you refer to?

* shirtless yo-yo-yo fubu fool
* acid-wash/Poncharella-shades burnout
* luxurious layered-look Megadeth moron
* Eddie Munster/midget peering in wallet

Or further in the background...

* Mr. "Land-Ho!"
* Manimal

;)

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
dh girlie said:
Did you know that during the recording of Love Rollercoaster, the scream you hear in the background was actually the scream of a woman who was killed during the taping? :eek: :rolleyes:
urban legend. scopes i think refutes this.

dh girlie said:
I can't wait for them to do that song...I will rap along ala Chili Peppers style! :thumb:
please record this for posterity. maybe it will be similar to the legendary solo mic'd linda mccartney vocals on "Hey Jude".

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
JP rocks, but I can't hear them without thinking of this song about Rob and laughing:

when you think of a metal head
tell me what comes to mind
well maybe stone washed jeans
a mullet
a guy who is evolutionary one step behind
well when rob halford came out of the closet
it may have not been a big thing
well today we are one step closer
to hearing the metal dudes sing

I want to be
I want to be a homosexual

statistics say
chances of being gay
are what one in ten
that means there is a 40 percent chance
that one of the guys in pantera likes men
hey, so I think its safe to say
many more other metal guys are homosexual
that may frustrate the gay community
why would they want the ugly metal heads available
see I told you
metal dudes are gay too
and I happen to see the proof so far
that your sexuality determines the way you play guitar
ew I'd love for everyone in heavy metal to be homosexual
if not only to make the nazi f**king pricks in slayer
a little uncomfortable

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
llkoolkeg said:
What a funny set of pics.

BTW, exactly WHO is the normal guy you refer to?

* shirtless yo-yo-yo fubu fool
* acid-wash/Poncharella-shades burnout
* luxurious layered-look Megadeth moron
* Eddie Munster/midget peering in wallet

Or further in the background...

* Mr. "Land-Ho!"
* Manimal

;)
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! guys are SO damn catty! well...I was referring to red hat wearing hottie with the washboard belly...it very well could be that he wasn't such a hottie, but just LOOKED more the hottie amongst all those ugly people, but I'm pretty sure he was indeed a hottie...but as the other pictures indicate...it was far more fun to take pictures of the un-hot!

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
dh girlie said:
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! guys are SO damn catty! well...I was referring to red hat wearing hottie with the washboard belly...
Catty, no; critical, yes.

The Fubu fool? Really?? Isn't he in the background of one of those Boost Mobile commercials making hand signs? Being forgetful of your weakness for white chocolate, I actually thought you were referring to the burnout. :thumb:

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
llkoolkeg said:
Catty, no; critical, yes.

The Fubu fool? Really?? Isn't he in the background of one of those Boost Mobile commercials making hand signs? Being forgetful of your weakness for white chocolate, I actually thought you were referring to the burnout. :thumb:

I don't recall him wearing fubu, but with abs like he had I wasn't looking at the labels on his clothes!

Had it been I who said something 'critical' of a horribly dressed woman that happened to be attractive and have a smokin body, I would have been called 'catty'. He was cute, but I had no intentions of marrying him or even talking to him...so I could care less what he wore...but I don't see much wrong with a fella wearing board shorts with no shirt...nothing wrong with that at all!

Tweek

I Love Cheap Beer!
Holy crap, that's rich! :D
I take it this concert was in SoCal? I can't imagine what the audience looked like when JP came around here. Darien Lake is in the middle of nowhere (b/w Rochester & Buffalo), and concerts like this call out for a foolio convention.
Glad to hear Priest still rocks. :thumb:

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
Tweek said:
Holy crap, that's rich! :D
I take it this concert was in SoCal? I can't imagine what the audience looked like when JP came around here. Darien Lake is in the middle of nowhere (b/w Rochester & Buffalo), and concerts like this call out for a foolio convention.
Glad to hear Priest still rocks. :thumb:
NO! I'm in NOR CAL, bro! slap you! :D This was near San Francisco...I was surprised at the number of retro metal heads in an area rich with Metro's!

These shows are ALWAYS a foolio convention...couple of years ago we went to see the Scorpians, Whitesnake (who really kicked ass) and Dokken...I believe that that could have quite possibly been the worst gathering I've witnessed...even compared to the crowds in the 80's!

Tweek

I Love Cheap Beer!
dh girlie said:
NO! I'm in NOR CAL, bro! slap you! :D This was near San Francisco...I was surprised at the number of retro metal heads in an area rich with Metro's!

These shows are ALWAYS a foolio convention...couple of years ago we went to see the Scorpians, Whitesnake (who really kicked ass) and Dokken...I believe that that could have quite possibly been the worst gathering I've witnessed...even compared to the crowds in the 80's!
Oops. Sorry, missy. I lose track of who's where. At least I know there's a huge difference between No&So.
Anyway, yeah, that's what I was getting at -- today's metal fools vs. 80s metal fools. Really the same people in semi-hibernation over the years. Probably even the same clothes too.
So who made up the Whitesnake lineup when you saw them?

dh girlie

MISS MISSY (geek)
Tweek said:
Oops. Sorry, missy. I lose track of who's where. At least I know there's a huge difference between No&So.
Anyway, yeah, that's what I was getting at -- today's metal fools vs. 80s metal fools. Really the same people in semi-hibernation over the years. Probably even the same clothes too.
So who made up the Whitesnake lineup when you saw them?
I believe it was all of them...the leggy blond guitar player...the shrivled up since the 80's drummer...Coverdale...I THINK Rudy Szarzo...I heard an interview with David Coverdale and he said they are going on tour soon. They were REALLY good...he lives in TAHOE...I will have to keep my eyes out for him...he also looks like a scraggly old woman, but he still has his voice...

I love seeing the crowd at these shows...this weekends crowd at the old skool funk fest should prove to be just as entertaining!