Quantcast

Pics from the MDHCS race at Chadwick

DNA

The human raccoon
Jan 31, 2003
NH
Nah, those pics were taken by a friend and "the waterfall" was where they were camped out.

dirtyamerican

Monkey
Jan 15, 2005
at my own freeride trail
Nice pix, the creek gap was a joy to jump/watch.

DNA, which class did you race? I did sport 30+. I've seen a lot of great reviews of that race. While I only can make it to one race this year I was glad I made it to that one.

The course was short! Pretty fun though. I was reminded how my super heavy Scream is not meant for racing. hehe

DNA

The human raccoon
Jan 31, 2003
NH
Mtbike said:
that looks pretty DOPE! Is the rest of the course similar? Is the course open year round?
The rest of this course had some tight singletracky stuff, ladders and a creek jump. The course is open year round, but there are also a ton of other trails in the park. Trails 108 and 113 are pretty cool too if I remember right. It has been a while since I have ridden there (except for the race), so you should probably give Scott at Springfield Bike a call if you were headed that way. While a big bike is fun there, I think that the locals usually take something that they can pedal back up as shuttle access is limited.

dirtyamerican said:
DNA, which class did you race? I did sport 30+. I've seen a lot of great reviews of that race. While I only can make it to one race this year I was glad I made it to that one.
I raced the beginner class on my slalom bike (silver Azonic with an old X-Vert). It was only the third time that I have been offroad all year, so I was ok with my runs.

The course was good, but the next one at Devil's Den is my favorite course of the series. It is much longer and faster, although not nearly as sketchy and loose. I think I like the Cass courses better too.

dirtyamerican

Monkey
Jan 15, 2005
at my own freeride trail
DNA said:
I raced the beginner class on my slalom bike (silver Azonic with an old X-Vert). It was only the third time that I have been offroad all year, so I was ok with my runs.
Hey, I remember that bike, sorry I don't remember you but that's usually how it goes. hehe.

That was my first DH race. I've had plenty of riding experience, not so much DH riding but more biking handling practice. I didn't know how I'd do so I went into the sport class. My friends went in the open class so I felt like a gimp. Oh well, got 3rd and one of those sweet Marz. glasses. One of my friends was the one racing the open class on the hardtail that crashed on the waterfall section. He may have also been the only hardtailer hitting the creek gap....KS Good Ol boy right there!!!

Hopefully see yas next year! Do you do any riding in KC? We go over there and do some freeriding several times a year with the freeridelounge.com riders. They always show us a great time!

ctrailfreak

Monkey
Apr 19, 2004
Independence,Mo
dirtyamerican said:
Hey, Do you do any riding in KC? We go over there and do some freeriding several times a year with the freeridelounge.com riders. They always show us a great time!
We are always looking for new guys to throw down with in the KC area! If anyone wants to ride the KC area just go to www.freeridelounge.com and go to the rides section and read up or just post one up.

Chris...