Quantcast

pics from today's ride

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Met up with Stosh today for a ride. Were on the trails for almost 4 hours, probably 3:15 or so of actual pedal time. I'd guess about 12 miles, but that's just a guess. Pace was good... fast enough to keep me working, not so fast that I got burned out. Conditions were PERFECT!

Click the thumbnails for bigger pics...

me on a short, technical climb

Stosh on a small berm

Stosh

Me on some nice singletrack

Me rolling the gap

Me on a rough section

Stosh

Me

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
wow i didnt know stosh rides bikes.

is that the MK III he ordered from Epic Cycles in NC?

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Cool shot. Looks like a fun trail.
It seems like I see more pics of Stosh riding then I do of some folks who joke about him actually riding. Hmmm.....

J

JRB

My ride pics are just flat repair pics here lately.

Nice pics, Jackson. Nice bikey, Stosh.

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
i like the thumbnail idea for ride pics. Little bit more work but i think i might try that for the next ride pic thread i do.
Really annoying when the net is slow how the text moves around after a jpeg heavy page is building.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Skookum said:
i like the thumbnail idea for ride pics. Little bit more work but i think i might try that for the next ride pic thread i do.
Really annoying when the net is slow how the text moves around after a jpeg heavy page is building.
I have dial-up at home... so I do it because it's easier/faster for me to post thumbnails than it is full pics.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Man people who ride behind me always make fun of my shorts because they look like they are falling down, I can totally see why now!! That black band around the top is the top part of the shorts but it looks like the shorts end at the grey.

BTW these pics are from The Stewart Airport Buffer zone also called MTA and The Buffer.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
stosh said:
Man people who ride behind me always make fun of my shorts because they look like they are falling down, I can totally see why now!! That black band around the top is the top part of the shorts but it looks like the shorts end at the grey.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
Mtb_Rob_FL said:
very cool pics, where is that place? Looks like my kiinda riding
See my above post!

I think Jackson can attest to variety of ridding thats available at Stewart.
It's in Newburgh NY.

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
stosh said:
I think Jackson can attest to variety of ridding thats available at Stewart.
Yea, it's pretty cool - definitely a good network of trails.

Mostly hardpack with some loose rock in places. Very few roots/rock gardens. Some nice rock outcroppings make for some technical spots, espeically on steep uphill sections (don't really want ot call them climbs). What climbing there is is exceedingly short, but pretty steep, and often technical. Not much real downhill, but there are some good, fast sections. A few drops/jumps if you're looking for them. Good flow throughout. Seriously considering racing there in August if things workout... gotta find a partner though - doubt I'll be up for a 40 miler.