Quantcast

pics of "plywood highway" in Kamloops?...

danW

Monkey
Mar 8, 2005
Greensboro
Anyone out there have any pics of the infamous "plywood highway" in Kamloops?...I've only seen one pic from the take off (weird angle) so the scale/distance is hard to judge...

danW

danW

Monkey
Mar 8, 2005
Greensboro
In the May 05' edition of "bike" magazine (pages 56, 57 & 98) there are a couple of pics that just blow my mind...this thing looks freakin' huge!!! I've been trying to find some other angles just to get a sense of the size/scale...the spread on pages 56/57 is mind blowing!

danW

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
ii am not impressed by that drop gap thing at all.

i mean it is the same as hitting a 10 foot tall by 14 foot long road gap, its just the take off is higher and the landing is higher effectively making it seem bigger than it is.

not impressed.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
biggins said:

i mean it is the same as hitting a 10 foot tall by 14 foot long road gap, its just the take off is higher and the landing is higher effectively making it seem bigger than it is.

not impressed.
:rolleyes: would you hit it?

biggins said:

not impressed.

Except that it is prolly almost 20' in the air and has a nasty tree stump to gore you if you don't hit it properly. :nope:

Glad to have ya back but I'm not inpressed with your anti-freeride mentality.

You know dam well that if you stand at the end of the takeoff it deserves more respect than a road gap that does NOT have the other pitfalls if you bail or come up short.
That's what makes it spicy mang................................................ :evil:

zane

Turbo Monkey
Mar 29, 2004
Vancouver, WA
It's just not a super-difficult stunt, but the risk factor is a lot higher than if it were lower. That's all. It looks well-built and it probably rides really well, and besides, wouldn't it be cooler to say you did that drop than something similar but closer to the ground?

adurham

Monkey
Jun 9, 2005
the tranny used to just go to where all the logs are under it they added on the upper part of it

Zach Dank

Turbo Monkey
Jun 28, 2005
Gnarcal
biggins said:

not impressed.
i'm very impressed that your not impressed.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Thats a really cool stunt :thumb:

And biggins, quit being a douche :D

Thats way harder than a road gap because its not usually the distance or height of the drop that gets people, its the height you are off the groudn when the thing starts, and that stunt looks like a HUGE mindfvck!

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
cmon now kids, all i am saying is that it is not that big. i mean sure there is a lot of risk and mabye before i turned into a flaming pussy i might have hit it, but it is really not that impressive. i just dont understand why people build a 25 foot drop with a 15 foot tall lander making it a 10 foot drop that is just up in the air.

loo,loo,loo you know i am far from anti-freeride. ;)

biggins

Rump Junkie
May 18, 2003
BigMike said:
And biggins, quit being a douche :D

!
but you know i like to be Masengill fresh all the time!!! serioulsy dont get me wrong i am sure it is more mental than anything i jujst think that it is overbuilt.

dream4est

Monkey
Jan 28, 2003
biggins said:
cmon now kids, all i am saying is that it is not that big. i mean sure there is a lot of risk and mabye before i turned into a flaming pussy i might have hit it, but it is really not that impressive. i just dont understand why people build a 25 foot drop with a 15 foot tall lander making it a 10 foot drop that is just up in the air.

loo,loo,loo you know i am far from anti-freeride. ;)
if you factor in the slope its a gnarl stunt. that line is steep. an overshoot would send one down the slope at mad speed. nice stunt.

DirtEveryDay

Turbo Monkey
Nov 24, 2003
Pacific North Wet
Well, for one thing, an elevated tranny comes into play when there's either no slope to work with, it flows back into ladder work, and it saves on erosion and dirtwork. If it's a poached trail, then yeah, sucks they killed so much paper, but if it's someones back yard then I guess it's their call.
The fact that there's a nice sharp edge to the tranny is the skull phuk, but that is basically this, elevated:
And this isn't scary at all...