Quantcast

Pic's of pro's rides

unskilled

Monkey
Jul 12, 2007
I'm curious to see if anyone can dig up pictures of pro's rigs. Specifically berrecloth's sx used for quashqai and his 08 sxtrail, but any pros are welcome. pics of just the bike upclose if possible. Pictures of bikes in air can't really reveal spec.

pinkshirtphotos

site moron
Jul 5, 2006
Vernon, NJ
if the rider has sram it will most likely been xo if its shimano it will be xtr.... pros ride top of the line, prototype, or components that aren't even out yet.

unskilled

Monkey
Jul 12, 2007
yea, but i like seeing other things, like how high they ride their seatpost, grips, bar widths, paintjobs, pedal pin lengths, placement of silencing materials, tires. Sorry i wasn't more specific.

muddy beast

Turbo Monkey
Nov 26, 2005

Google gave me this for Darrens bike.

EDIT:
SPEC
Frame Specialized SX Trail
Shock: Manitou Revox, 450 Ti spring
Fork: Manitou Travis
Stem: Race Face Diabolus, 50mm
Headset: Race Face Diabolus
Grips: Race Face Lock On
Bars: Race Face Diabolus
Shifter: SRAM X.9
Rear: Mech SRAM X.9
Brakes: Hayes
Seatpost: Race Face
Saddle: Specialized Ti Dirt Jumper
Crank: Race Face Atlas, 38T
BB: Race Face
Ring: Race Face
Chain: Guide Race Face
Cassette: SRAM
Chain: SRAM
Pedals: Specialized
Rear Hub: Bombshell
Front Hub: Bombshell
Rims: Bombshell
Spokes: Bombshell
Tyres: Specialized Chunder 2.3
Tubes: Specialized

http://www.dirtmag.co.uk/interviews/category/pro-bike/pro-bike-darren-berrecloth

muddy beast

Turbo Monkey
Nov 26, 2005
Definitely running X.0 and not X.9 on that bike.....
Don't look at me, I copied and pasted from the website...and keep in mind, the pros don't have to keep all their **** the same everyday like we do...they can change stuff whenever they want...since it's free.

ryamee

Chimp
Nov 8, 2006
He is not running Manitou anymore. He has been on Fox for almost a year now. I think either MBUK or Dirt did a profile on him towards the end of the summer with his updated components specs.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
this thread could be cool but it is turning out aweful...:clapping:

Stick to the topic, i think it is an obvious thing that all the guys riding for big names change stuff quite a bit and ride prototypes, i to like to see specific setups as well though...

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
That SXT has to be the most ass ugly bike I've ever seen.

Scratch that. It's #2. An orange Surly Instigator with an '05 (ie poo brown) 36 and yellow DeeMax wheels is THE worst.

pdawg

Monkey
Feb 27, 2006
Espoo, Finland
man i feel for him, look what's mounted to his bars....a hayes lever
Hayes Mags work well... not sure about the new Stoker. Replacement parts are easy to get at most shops (try that with Magura or Oro). My off-season hobby is overhauling busted master cylinders and filing down chewed up levers. :monkeydance:

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland
When I rode with Claw this summer he had some sketchy Specialized XC tires (back one was bald), Mavic SX front wheel with a Deemax rear, a chopped float to 4" with a 4" rear end with a rp23. Some HFX 9 carbon brakes and that is about all I can remember about his bike. His riding was a different story. He absolutely pinned it DH drifting in every corner with half the suspension, brakes and tires as the rest of the crew and was right up front with the fast guys. I was impressed with his downhilling.

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
When I rode with Claw this summer he had some sketchy Specialized XC tires (back one was bald), Mavic SX front wheel with a Deemax rear, a chopped float to 4" with a 4" rear end with a rp23. Some HFX 9 carbon brakes and that is about all I can remember about his bike. His riding was a different story. He absolutely pinned it DH drifting in every corner with half the suspension, brakes and tires as the rest of the crew and was right up front with the fast guys. I was impressed with his downhilling.

i love hearing stories like this...where did you rid w him at?

buckoW

Turbo Monkey
Mar 1, 2007
Champery, Switzerland
i love hearing stories like this...where did you rid w him at?
I live in Champery, Switzerland and do a lot of building for Kranked, the 4X WC track and bike park stuff. He and some french filmers came to ask if they could hit the stuff I was building for Kranked and I said, "no, but I can take you to a killer ridge top single track." They went and tried to film something on the WC DH track without much success. The filmers weren't so pumped and went home. So when I was done building for the day, we got a crew (Claw was with his bro and another guy) together and went for a ride. At the same time Niki Gudex, Gareth Dyer, Kenny Smith and Kyle Norbratten were here as well and we all went on an epic ridge line single track shred mission. It was really fun to have so many pinners on such a great trail! We finished up the day in a backwoods Swiss "auberge" with some beers and great stories.

photos from that day

that is his bike from Quasquai, btw.

eball

Chimp
Apr 11, 2007
sweeeeet pics and story, thanks

If i am not mistake those pics were taken from his new NWD 8 segment.......that trail is in his backyard