Quantcast

Pics of some new stuff at Snowshoe

Hulkamaniac

Monkey
Oct 10, 2001
Germantown, MD
Here's what we ended up building this weekend. We just finished the teeter and several skinnies. One section is 12" wide, the other is 16" wide. The long bridge is 84' long and roughly 20" wide. Let us know what you think.

Attachments

Hulkamaniac

Monkey
Oct 10, 2001
Germantown, MD
Yep, those ads will also be appearing in the coming issues of Decline, Twenty Six, Mountain Bike Action, Mountain Biking, Bike, etc...........XXL will be getting shown to the world!

Castle

Turbo Monkey
Jun 10, 2002
VA
I never received an email back from the volunteer dude!

I wanna come help!

great work!! keep it up! can't wait to check it out!

there better be some skinnies in there :thumb:

looks like if you could gain speed, you could jump/drop that teeter.....

DßR

They saw my bloomers
Feb 17, 2004
the DC
Holy sh*t that stuff looks nice - THAT'S what I'm talkin about!! :thumb:

Super nice work Jeremy, I can't wait to ride that.....

SarahMaria

Chimp
Nov 24, 2003
Santa Cruz, CA
Originally posted by sguhrofst8
i love teeters! lookin good, cant wait to ride it.
--z--
Me too!

Great work, guys. that first round about thing looks just like a little plaything on Whistler!

I hope you build a few Skiiiinny skinies :D

Sarah

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Damn, Wish I could get out there to help build. This school thing takes up all my time :(

But oh well, this summer, I'll come put your hard work to use! :p

just like everyone else said, the narrower the better :thumb:

Hulkamaniac

Monkey
Oct 10, 2001
Germantown, MD
Originally posted by BigMike
just like everyone else said, the narrower the better :thumb:
Trust me, it's coming in time. We can't start out by building super skinny stuff and scaring risk management and/or new riders. This park will be evolving throughout the spring and summer, so new stuff will pop up all the time...........a little bit of everything (skinny, technical, flowy, etc).

Oh, to everyone trying to get ahold of Dave Huber. I just talked with him on the phone and reminded him to get back in touch with everyone as quickly as possible. He's super busy with making quite a few new things happen on this mountain, but he will get back in touch with you. If you wish, shoot him another email (dhuber@snowshoemtn.com) to remind him.

Castle

Turbo Monkey
Jun 10, 2002
VA
I'll be waitin to here back I don't wanna bug the guy, but I would love to help you folks, and help give everyone else a killer place to ride!!!!

you guys rock!!! keep it up!

edit: just receieved the info, I'll be in contact with Missy, and get registered up and get a weekend off before opening and get my ass on up there.....

Hulk, is bringing tools a good idea?

I'm assuming so.... I probalby wil anyway...

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
Can you pass the info along. What I heard about the volunteer thing wasnt very promising. Just want to know if we have the same info. I got mine from a friend of a friend kind of thing, could be wrong.

Castle

Turbo Monkey
Jun 10, 2002
VA
well Dave said it will be on the site soon so I don't guess there would be a problem with that if one of you guys at snowshoe have a problem with me posting this shoot me a PM and I'll take it down....

Volunteer Program

All volunteers for the bike program will be registered with Snowshoe's existing volunteer program. This will not only let you work toward a Bike pass but will provide other benefits as well. Below are those requirements and benefits. For those wishing to participate contact Missey Turley 304-572-5886 email, mturley@snowshoemtn.com. Volunteers will only get credit for their work once they are registered.

Requirements:
One shift equals 4hrs work
One shift equals one summer event ticket, one Mountain Bike Park Pass or One Mountain Bike shuttle pass and trail pass
Two shifts equals one lift ticket
One lift ticket equals one round of golf
Twelve shifts equals season pass-ski
Six shifts equals Bike Park/shuttle season pass

Event Team ID:
One a Team Member works five shifts, he/she will be eligible to receive an Event Team ID card that will entitle them to additional benefits similar to that of other Snowshoe employees. These benefits will be good through the 2004-2005 summer winter season.

Benefits:
15% off Snowshoe F&B
10% off Retail
Summer lift access, bike not included
Outdoor Adventure Discounts
20% off Adventure Dinning
15$ All Day Pass to the Adventure Outpost and Skate Park
20% off Kids Night Out
20% off Sporting Clays
1 free Eurobungy
15% off Snowshoe Stables

HRDTLBRO

Turbo Monkey
Feb 4, 2004
Apt. 421
NICE!
I'll be up there helping at the bike shop like last year for about 2 or 3 weeks. I'll be staying at Shamrock at my gramps house. Are these trails accessed by the gravel fire road by Ball Hooter, or are they to the left of the Shavers center by the patrol room? Can't wait to come up, i'll be glad to help out.

denjen

Certified Lift Whore
Sep 16, 2001
Richmond VA
Thanks for the info. That is alot better than what I heard. I dont know if I will make it up to work, but I am planning at least 10 weekend trips to ride this year.

Stiff

Monkey
Sep 24, 2001
Miss Washington DC
We DC, MD, NoVA types might think about arranging car shares and room rentals/camping to get out there regularly and more affordably. I'd go crazy driving alone for 10 hours nearly every weekend.

BigMike

BrokenbikeMike
Jul 29, 2003
Montgomery county MD
Originally posted by Stiff
We DC, MD, NoVA types might think about arranging car shares and room rentals/camping to get out there regularly and more affordably. I'd go crazy driving alone for 10 hours nearly every weekend.
good call!

drt_jumper

Monkey
May 20, 2003
Manassas Va
nice....so much for wintergreen...anyone who wants to work on the trails and is out my way pm me and we can figure out a schedule...later adam

Hulkamaniac

Monkey
Oct 10, 2001
Germantown, MD
BAC, you may not want to sell it........there's a lot more coming, skinnies, techie, everything. I know it's hard to justify having a freeride rig around college (you go to Shepherd, right?) as I struggled with keeping my full blown dh race bike while I was at Shepherd for 4 years. It may very well be beneficial for you to keep the Scream if you want to come up here and ride..........but it can all be done on a hardtail, as proven by a few of us as we test rode stuff.

stoneysnake

Monkey
May 24, 2002
easy living, wv
Originally posted by drt_jumper
so much for wintergreen...
all of this comparing wintergreen to snowshoe to me is kind of like comparing jay-z to black moon. all of the pics i've seen just look so commercial. i am by no means some bad ass rider but i haven't seen anything that looks like it would challenge my skill level. i'll still be riding there because the dh side of the mtn is fabulous and the thing about snowshoe is that they want us to ride there, wintergreen does NOT!

drt_jumper

Monkey
May 20, 2003
Manassas Va
yeah i wasnt trying to pi$$ anyone of about wintergreen but its just that wintergreen had a hold of that corner or the market if you will, up until know! All i was saying is that why go somewhere they really dont want you there and arent even willing to put monies into to the trails...thats why I said what I did about wg