Quantcast

Pics of Tomac Production Primer

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Tomac IS the man, but I'd never drop money on a tomac bike. They had too much of a reputation for so-so bike and changing the designs completely almost every year. Are we to think that now with THIS release of bikes they FINALLY got it right? Maybe, but most of the other companies have been far more consistant. You know that they took bike A, which worked pretty good, and refined it into the next year's production bike. With tomac everything seems to come out of left field.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Yeah, the mega-high pivot is kind of a turn off. Should pedal like crap through rough stuff. :nopity: Should be fine though as long as you aren't pedaling. Most SP bikes have the pivot pretty near the chainline. What's the reason that this one is pretty far forward and above it?

What's the reason that this one is pretty far forward and above it?
from an uneducated glimpse, i would say linkage placement and leverage issues...
move it farther back, leverage would probably be insane and utilizing longer linkages and different pivot placements might not have worked considering the space needed for the design...

my $.02

i like it, it looks stealth and fast...

THRILLSEEKA
When was the last time we've had headtubes breaking off anymore?
hehehe, mine? lol
explainable though

Joel Smith

Chimp
Apr 25, 2002
Here's an (unedited) quote from Claudio Caluori on his first test of the production Primer: "Geometry is very good and suspension seems to work right. We normally go through a lot of rims and flat tires on this track, but we only had one flat tire this weekend, in 28 runs. (14 inch) the bb on the new frame is a little higher than on the old one. Tt wouldn't hurt to just have it a little bit lower. The good side of it though was that I've been able to pedal over roots and rocks where i would have had to coast with my M6 because of the low bb."

Total Heckler...let me know if you need some tissue to get the throw up off your clothes (insert smiley face here).

bizutch

Delicate CUSTOM flower
Dec 11, 2001
Over your shoulder whispering
Joel,

I think the real question is "When will Eli make the jump to pro MTB, dominate the sport , talk Dakota from Asheville into following him, then become bored after 1 season and go back to dominating motocross?

Oh...and will you be custom coloring one for Eric Buck?

stiksandstones

Turbo Monkey
May 21, 2002
Orange, Ca
Joel,

I think the real question is "When will Eli make the jump to pro MTB, dominate the sport , talk Dakota from Asheville into following him, then become bored after 1 season and go back to dominating motocross?

Oh...and will you be custom coloring one for Eric Buck?
Answer:
"When Eli can make a similar $250k salary (as a 13yr old) racing his mountain bike, which will be close to never"