Quantcast

Pics/Vids Parrots Ferry ride 2/11

mtbikermark

Monkey
Oct 26, 2004
Jackson, CA
jimw said:
Cool! Gotta get back out there sometime. It looks oddly familiar somehow... :)
The first time I rode out there (two years ago) we had met in the parking lot by the bridge. We were packing up and you were heading out. I was riding an RM7 at the time. Your avatar is from that very day if I remember correctly...

mtbikermark

Monkey
Oct 26, 2004
Jackson, CA
I saw you got a Demo. How do you like it? Do you find yourself riding the Demo more or your trail bike (was it an enduro?). I've been thinking bout getting a demo 8. I love my Heckler but it's my only bike and I sometimes pine for a longer travel rig :nopity: . No $ right now though. Maybe in the fall.

jimw

Monkey
Aug 10, 2004
Santa Cruz, CA
I love the Demo. Highly recommended. The only way I could justify the expense was if I was going to be able to ride it (and pedal uphill) on the trails around here, as opposed to only using it for shuttles or bike parks. I had a granny installed, and have been really happy with how well it actually pedals uphill. Of course the downhill performance is what really counts, and it definitely shines there. Right now I ride it and the Enduro about the same amounts, but I'm starting to ride the Demo more and more. I figure it's a good workout, plus it's so nice to have the extra travel for the stunts. After riding the Demo, when I get on the Enduro it seems as light as an XC race bike! :)