Quantcast

Picture Theme of the Week (Change)

Graphics

Turbo Monkey
Jul 9, 2006
Connecticut
Lotsa peeps don't get on here at all over the weekend.
True...but lotsa peeps won't get to post their shot until much later and we have to give them a chance. I'm saying let's use the weekend to allow those to post...then maybe Monday we set to the winner and new theme.

Graphics

Turbo Monkey
Jul 9, 2006
Connecticut
Too busy to participate this week, perhaps other weeks I will give it a shot... but I think the voting and "winner" deal might damage what is otherwise just a weekly contribution thread.

The offer to have it printed is cool, of course, but if people feel they're being judged or compared, it might limit the amount of contributions.
For ONCE we agree!!! :brows: :cupidarrow:

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
Nice...I like that.

So how do we determine who the "winner" is? Photography is very subjective!! :brows: :cupidarrow: [but so far I'd say highrevs is blowin us away]...still the day isn't over yet! :banana:
This is goign to be very difficult. IMO, highrevs is the best executed shot, Narlus' is the best composed, mine is the most "powerful" (best subject matter, if you will). So which is best? And can people who submit photos vote? If so, can we vote for our own?

I think think this thread isn't setup for deciding on a winner. If RM had a photography forum (and I'm not hinting at anything here), then we could take this a lot further... but I don't want to clutter up the lounge with bunch of different threads about this.

Just my $.02 - take it for what it's worth.

Graphics

Turbo Monkey
Jul 9, 2006
Connecticut
Nice...didn't see my photo listed there!!! :rant:

Teasing...but I agree...let's not make this a competition. Send me a PM for the next theme word and we can all vote on that.

Crashby

Monkey
Jan 26, 2003
Rochester, NY
I like the poll method... and to pick the top 3 (and sure, you could pick your own pic)... that will give props to the really good shots and allow us to designate a person to pick the next theme... besides, it will be fun. I really dont think that that would ever cause someone not to join in the thread.

highrevs

Monkey
Oct 13, 2005
NC
I’m not too hyped on the contest idea. I would like to keep it noncompetitive, strictly for fun and fairly simple. May be we could all PM graphics with or input on themes and let her pick it each week or something. I am all for the idea of having no winners and just a weekly photo challenge.

Upgr8r

High Priest or maybe Jedi Master
May 2, 2006
Ventura, CA
I’m not too hyped on the contest idea. I would like to keep it noncompetitive, strictly for fun and fairly simple. May be we could all PM graphics with or input on themes and let her pick it each week or something. I am all for the idea of having no winners and just a weekly photo challenge.
I didn't get a chance to break out the camera this week, but I'm looking forward to future themes. I say we PM Graphics with ideas and let her choose as this is her idea. (great idea Graphics :happydance: )

Competition sometimes get ugly and I'd hate to see a cool thing killed by nastiness

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
I guess I don't much care about whether or not there is a "winner" If not, why doesn't graphics (since this was all her idea in the first place) setup a poll with ideas for the next theme, we could vote on that to decide theme.

But whatever... I'll shoot when I can and enjoy everyone else's submissions.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
If you will not post a picture because you are afraid that you might not win, then I bet you grew up playing in a non-competitive little league where they do not keep score. Or maybe your school teacher did not use a "red" pen to mark your paper because red is just so harsh.
Grow a pair and posts your pics!:biggrin:

Biscuit

Turbo Monkey
Feb 12, 2003
Pleasant Hill, CA
That's a sweet pic Merrrrjig. Very similar to what I wish I had time to put together. But I didn't know we were having a (non-competetive) contest.

stosh

Darth Bailer
Jul 20, 2001
NY
I think Graphics wins simply for the fact of taking a photo of Poison Ivy.

That schit will CHANGE your skin tone for sure!

jacksonpt

Turbo Monkey
Jul 22, 2002
Vestal, NY
For those of you who are into photography and enjoy these types of contests, check out dpchallenge.com.

I don't spend much time there anymore because I don't have time to really work on my photography. But back when I did, the forums were very helpful. The challenges are pretty cool, and there are some damn good photos.

sneakysnake

Monkey
Apr 2, 2006
NC
so, i havn't found a winner thread yet...so i figured there was still more time for me to put in my pic.

please critique anything you see!!

dan wask

Turbo Monkey
May 11, 2006
B-More Maryland

Wheres the change you ask ? Well evergreens don't change in the winter :clue:

For you local guys, thats "Raven's Perch" on Blue Ridge up by wintergreen resort.

Graphics

Turbo Monkey
Jul 9, 2006
Connecticut
so, i havn't found a winner thread yet...so i figured there was still more time for me to put in my pic.

please critique anything you see!!

Nice shot!!!!!!!!!!!! I love it. :cupidarrow:

btw...I think we decided there would be no winner...no competition. Just a lot of great photography shared!! :happydance:

Nobody

Danforth Kitchen Whore
Sep 5, 2001
Toronto
Thanks, i guess i'll take a long look at it over the weekend...

I have my own damn site, but i have to use an ftp client to upload and all that happy ****e...

oh, what a lazy bastardo i is...

narlus

Eastcoast Softcore
Staff member
Nov 7, 2001
behind the viewfinder
if you go for the premium account, there's ways (involving all sorts of web geek speak i no nothing about) to link yr domain name to the zenfolio gallery.