Quantcast

PICTURE TIME: Post your XC rig

ghostrider

7034 miles, still no custom title
Jan 6, 2003
Shadows of Mt Boney, CA.
I saw this thread in the shuttle forum and thought we could spice things up in here a bit. Extra credit for titanium or purple ano. Let's see what ya got. I'll get a shot of the ghostmobile this weekend.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Before I go for a ride I have the choice of these three XC bikes.

Giant AC Air (stock)
Santa Cruz Superlight (pimped out)
'97 Litespeed Ocoee (spare parts)

The Superlight usualy gets the call.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
This is Armondo the Commuter - now with a Marzochhi X-Fly 100 and 6" Avid front disk... just in case I have to huck a curb or something core on the way to the grocery store. :D

neurostar

Monkey
Sep 30, 2003
Rochester, NY or Boise, ID
here's my xc rig... (more of an xc/light freeride rig though)...

since the pic was taken i've gotten new wheels and tires... (rhynolites with gazzi duals instead of mavic UST and pythons)...

http://privon.com/pictures/biking/KHS_FXT_Pro_1.jpg

Edit: huge pic... my bad. changed it to a link.

Edit 2: forgot to mention... i'm gonna be selling the ust wheels and tires soon (as soon as i find out which hubs are on 'em). if you're interested send me a pm.

geargrrl

Turbo Monkey
May 2, 2002
pnw -dry side
me too:

It's really a kingkikapu, 2001. The gal I bought it from had to get the blue mokomoko frame ( same frame as the KK, different color) because when she ordered it they were all out of the other ones.

Attachments

Pulser955

Monkey
Oct 29, 2002
Outside Philly pa.
Originally posted by neurostar
here's my xc rig... (more of an xc/light freeride rig though)...

since the pic was taken i've gotten new wheels and tires... (rhynolites with gazzi duals instead of mavic UST and pythons)...

http://privon.com/pictures/biking/KHS_FXT_Pro_1.jpg

Edit: huge pic... my bad. changed it to a link.

Edit 2: forgot to mention... i'm gonna be selling the ust wheels and tires soon (as soon as i find out which hubs are on 'em). if you're interested send me a pm.

Hay nice bike. I got one too built it up from a frame with some different stuff then you. So how do you like it? I love mine the dam thing is a tank. I beat the hell out of it and it comes back for more. Cool to see another FXT pro.

neurostar

Monkey
Sep 30, 2003
Originally posted by Pulser955
Hay nice bike. I got one too built it up from a frame with some different stuff then you. So how do you like it? I love mine the dam thing is a tank. I beat the hell out of it and it comes back for more. Cool to see another FXT pro.
I really like mine as well. It's nice because it has enough travel that I can do some light freeriding (which I do when I'm at school) but still be able to do xc. It's a pretty versatile frame. I haven't gotten to test the strength too much yet, since I was running 24-spoke xc wheels up until last week. But it definitely seems strong.

ARmtnBIKER

Chimp
Apr 10, 2002
The Natural State
Schweet Kona's Douglas and Geargrrl, I had an '02 King Kikapu for a few months last year, it was one really nice riding bike, but I'm just not cut out to ride a full suspension so I sold it and went back to all hardtails.

Pulser955

Monkey
Oct 29, 2002
Outside Philly pa.
Originally posted by neurostar
I really like mine as well. It's nice because it has enough travel that I can do some light freeriding (which I do when I'm at school) but still be able to do xc. It's a pretty versatile frame. I haven't gotten to test the strength too much yet, since I was running 24-spoke xc wheels up until last week. But it definitely seems strong.

O I have tested its strength. I’m running XT disc hubs with sun single track rims. I had a 40mph get off last month that broke my back and did nothing to my KHS I’m telling you this bike is a tank. I say it passes my trash test.

spincrazy

I love to climb
Jul 19, 2001
Brooklyn
My 2002 Titus Loco Moto soon to have a 2004 front triangle and some x3.1 rims. I'll probably get an SPV Swinger 4-way for her too in spring. Once you go black....

neurostar

Monkey
Sep 30, 2003
Originally posted by Pulser955
O I have tested its strength. I’m running XT disc hubs with sun single track rims. I had a 40mph get off last month that broke my back and did nothing to my KHS I’m telling you this bike is a tank. I say it passes my trash test.
damn... i'd say that's a strong bike then.

i'm glad you're doing good. and hopefully back to riding soon.

rye

Chimp
Oct 8, 2003
San Jose, Ca
This is my ride right now... Going to do a full re-build this month with a paint job, I'll post new pics then when it's done.

ghostrider

7034 miles, still no custom title
Jan 6, 2003
Shadows of Mt Boney, CA.
Originally posted by towelie
Here is my bee-you-tee-full blue Blur. (Hey Ghost...I live in Lompoc...lets ride sometime)
Cool - you got the Blur. I have the same thing (still need to get a pic on here...) - I'll let you know next time I'm up in SB, or maybe SLO. You in shape yet?