xt front der
jagwire housing
maxxis tires, dh intense, michelin
special ed ti rail pro saddle
brass double dinger bell
carbon headset spacers

Dec 3, 2003
SoCal
Hey Knuckleslammer pretty sweet bike you have there. How do you like the X-9 shifter and the der. How is the shifting on it and how do you like the desgin of the shifters? Im planning to get the x.9 stuff on my NRS soon and just wanted to know what you thought about them.

Ian F

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
Philadelphia area
Here's a fuzzy pic of my '97 Indi Fab Deluxe. Full 8spd XTR with Avid Arch Supreme v-brakes. I'm planning to get the wheels rebuilt soon with UST rims and replace the stem and post with Thomson pieces. I'll psot a better pic when it's done. Hopefully I'll be able to psot a pic of a completed Racer X within a month or so. :)

Attachments

wooglin

Monkey
Apr 4, 2002
SC
Originally posted by rockracing
hmmm....those look like egg beater pedals ?;)
They're prototypes that I got from Gary Fisher, who invented them back in 1979 but only recently sold the patent to Crank Bros. ;)

Shredder

Chimp
Sep 28, 2003
Bellingham, WA
Originally posted by ghostrider
Saweet. How does she work??? Final weight?
Just over 24 lbs with racing parts and disc brakes. I could save about a pound of rotational mass by switching to rim brakes and lighter wheels, but i'm not sure if i want to do that. Most of the weight savings would be near the hub so i doubt it would make a huge difference.

I haven't rode her off road yet since i've been down with a nasty bug the last 2 weeks...the terra logic valve in the fork seems to work as advertized going over curbs and stuff, and the bike sprints like a rigid.

mplutodh1

Monkey
Nov 27, 2002
Sammamish, WA
Originally posted by Shredder
Just over 24 lbs with racing parts and disc brakes.

It will be even lighter with the carbon team cranks as soon as they come in. I am hoping to pick them up for you over spring break. (SHOULD come in this week... cross your fingers)

spincrazy

I love to climb
Jul 19, 2001
Brooklyn
Originally posted by JOJO
here is a pic of my new cross bike.. bought the frame from a friend last summer and finally built it up...:D
Is that the Kg171 carbon kevlar? I used to have that bike. Rode nice.