Quantcast

Pictures for all...

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
Did those guys ride anything aside from the freaking table??:p Did anybody manage to clear the 2nd table on the new section?
Andy (orange VPfree) always has a poo-eating grin when he's riding.

Excellent shots - you can even see my new sign on the table!:thumb:

pnj

Turbo Monkey till the fat lady sings
Aug 14, 2002
seattle
nice pics. It would be cool if you took some from further back so we can see more of the path the rider took.

also, I suggest putting up signs on anything that is out there that is not fully rollable. even though there is a sign at the top of the hill that says "ride at your own risk"
if an unknown rider enters the trail from the middle, not the top, they won't see that sign. I GUARANTEE you will get someone out there that is rolling along, looking at all the neat stuff and will ride off one of the smaller drops thinking it's just a short steep hill. maybe they will have some tears in their eyes because it's a tad cold and it makes their eyes water, messing up their vision. ;)

it would suck to loose such a fun, cool, neat place because some dad rides off something they didn't know was there.

just a suggestion.

SuperSlow

Monkey
May 18, 2004
Bellingham
toughguymagee said:
Looks like I need to head down to SST and do some riding. I should have the v10 back together soon...i might just take the HT out and ride. Thanks for posting the pics. :thumb:
A hardtail would be a blast out there. I wish i would have brought mine with me last time i was there.

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
Hmmmm...thanks pnj.
Actually, there is a sign prior to the 2 drops along the right side that says "<---DROPS--->", but another "ride at your own risk" in the middle (where everybody seems to think is the beginning :confused: ) is a pretty good idea.
I've got many a sign that still needs to be erected (heheheheh) for that place.
I'm actually thinking of taking the dead shovelheads and just painting signage on those. Not only would we have some cool and visible looking signs, but people would stop taking those and using them to "fix" things that aren't broken.:think:

pnj

Aug 14, 2002
seattle
there is a small drop that is actually probably rollable, it's on the left side near the bottom. maybe it's four feet tall. that is the one I almost rode off because I was blinded by my freakin watery eyes. fortunatly, I was rolling slowly so I was able to go around it. but I can definitly see someone riding right off that thing because they are looking around at the other stuff (this particular drop is in the open area) and not paying attention to whats infront of them.

as far as people 'fixing' the stunts/jumps, that will always happen unless you make clear signage asking people to NOT fix stuff. and even then there is no guarentee.

to help prevent this, I would suggest easy lines for people to work up to the bigger stuff (you probably have easier stuff, I didn't really look around when I was there) and then have a sign or signs that explain the lines. much like a ski resort has signs to let people know what they are getting into before they head down the mountain.

these are all just suggestions, take them as you see fit. :)

there is obviously been alot of work out there and it would suck to see it get destroyed. it only takes one person getting hurt for the plows to come in.

iridebikes

Monkey
Jan 31, 2004
seattle
wow, only one guy on a hardtail? that's just too bad. honestly everything out there just seems too small for a big bike. i'm getting a bullit, and even then, i think i'll probably still bring my hardtail(which will have a fox vanilla rlc as soon as i get the squishy bike).

it also looks like the people doing the step down are going to case the landing, maybe it just looks different in the picture, but who knows.

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
Yup, one person is all it takes for sure. I hope that one person never rides down there - well, at least doesn't ride the "wrong" line at least.
It's getting to the point where I need to go from making the little wood signs to having something more like a list printed out and laminated kinds of signs for sure.

There were a couple/few pics on the stepdowns that looked like the rider was def. coming up short. I like the one's w/ Polo (silver Demo9) - he looks waaaaaaay relaxed on his bike.:p

Langer

Monkey
Mar 27, 2004
Hiding
DBR X6 RIDER said:
Did those guys ride anything aside from the freaking table??:p Did anybody manage to clear the 2nd table on the new section?
Andy (orange VPfree) always has a poo-eating grin when he's riding.

Excellent shots - you can even see my new sign on the table!:thumb:
The table was about all I hit yesterday. I wanted to try the step down but captain crunch jinx me into thinking I would crash and lose all my teeth because I didnt have my full face helmet on. Thanks again crunchy!!!

Great pics bullitrider and thanks for sharing! :thumb:

Chris (red big hit)

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
Langer said:
The table was about all I hit yesterday. I wanted to try the step down but captain crunch jinx me into thinking I would crash and lose all my teeth because I didnt have my full face helmet on. Thanks again crunchy!!!

Great pics bullitrider and thanks for sharing! :thumb:

Chris (red big hit)
Damn that Crunch!! I think the table is a harder fall than the stepdown, speaking from experience of crashing off the table. So far, so good w/ the stepdown for me - the smaller one at least. The bigger one is something on my to-do list still.
It's all about the tuck and roll, Chris.;)

pnj

Aug 14, 2002
seattle
is there a line out there that is fully rollable? like, it looks like you could roll that stepdown in those pictures, or if you case, it's not going to send you over the bars.....

or maybe not fully rollable, but really small, like the small (or depending on how fast you hit it, large) log drop thingy that is closer to the top?

not that it matters much to me, I don't plan on jumping out there, just curious.

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
pnj said:
is there a line out there that is fully rollable? like, it looks like you could roll that stepdown in those pictures, or if you case, it's not going to send you over the bars.....

or maybe not fully rollable, but really small, like the small (or depending on how fast you hit it, large) log drop thingy that is closer to the top?

not that it matters much to me, I don't plan on jumping out there, just curious.
Curiosity killed the cat - good thing you aren't feline.:eviltongu

There's bascially lines that range from full-on beginner to upper-intermediate...nothing really of the 'expert' level, although a couple of the jumps qualify but are not a direct part of any specific line. You can basically do a walk-thru and pick something that you would like.
That was our intention when we started building the new stuff out there over a year ago - make some stuff that people can progress thru and then they'd be ready for the bigger and better stuff that we have in the region.:cool:

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
Pip, Aaren (radjockette) and I met up there today - we were half of the crew out there today. Met some other folks that were there for the first time since the changes (I believe) and some good rips were had by all. Not many great photos - I got more video clips than stills. Here's what's worth posting...

Aaren hitting the drop that's just before the infamous stepdown seen earlier in the thread...

Pip hitting the same drop...

The many shovels that have blazed the trails in the Flowsection...

Ah, those sexy S-Curves:heart:

Good times!:monkey:

pnj

Aug 14, 2002
seattle
DBR X6 RIDER said:
Curiosity killed the cat - good thing you aren't feline.:eviltongu
well, I have been called something close to that. :D

ioscope

Turbo Monkey
Jul 3, 2004
Vashon, WA
I was about 6 inches away from clearing the last table on the right (north) line with my rear wheel. I dunno what the french dude with the imp did to that, but I hope he finished it.

Bring a shovel for me on Sunday!

DBR X6 RIDER

Turbo Monkey
ioscope said:
I dunno what the french dude with the imp did to that, but I hope he finished it
You mean the guy on the left in this pic?

I thought he was German or Austrian - he's Mexican.:o:
That's Mike Garcia - he was basically the guy that got us started with the whole flowsection to begin with.:thumb:
We stretched the tranny off the first table and moved the second table back a couple/few feet. It just needs to get tracked down like they needed to when we originally build them. After this round of rain today/tonight and some more trackage, I think the second table will be A-OK!!
Speaking of the tables, here's a shot of 'em so you can get yourself really worked up to clear them!:p

pnj - you are what you eat!:)