Quantcast

Pictures from a Sunday ride in Foxboro

splat

Nam I am
So today a Group of Us , 9 In all descend on Gilbert State Forest in Foxboro , Mass. quo Fan Graciously volunteered to lead this ride.
after the snow we had earlier this week, and then Yesterday it was a Mix of rain/sleet , freezing rail , hail and even a little snow. made for some interesting conditions 2 -3 inches of very crusty snow. I had studded tires on and about half the riders did . they were nice to have but by no means were they a necessity. This is a Combination of pictures taken By me and Quo fan

Here I took this picture of us at the start by the ranger station

Here is Quo Fans Pic of basiclly the same thing except I'm in the picture

Climbing up a Hill

And same hill I just turned around and took this Picture of MCD coming up the hill. with Ben-O in the background.

and here Quo taking a picture right after I took the last one , that is me on the left right after taking the picture of MCD

and here is our fearless Ride leader Quo Fan

here is Berkshire rider making an attempt on a nasty climb

Tommy , Quo Fan and Johnny_D coming up a climb that usually is not much , but today we were cutting some virgin trail in the snow and Ice made it a little tougher.

this was one of those places were we all had to try 2 or 3 times to get through this little rock garden , only MCD here was successful.

Quo Fan crossing a very small creek

up by a cell phone tower there was a fun rock stair case , we had lots of fun playing on that

Here is Berkshire rider going up It.

Now Berkshire Coming down the stairs

Next is Me going up the stairs

Quo Fan going up the stairs

Johnny_D taking a different Line up and Taken from Above

Berkshire_rider taking the other line

Me taking the other line

Johnny_D hucking a rock

Johnny_D doing it a 2nd time from a different angle , and that is me in the background taking a picture

and Now My Picture of the same huck , Quo is in the background taking the previous Picture

And Now here is a Pic of comtom Hucking the same rock again me in the background , but Quo and I had swapped sides .

and Here is My Picture of the same Huck

and here we had to ride this dirt road for about 300 yard , only thing is I went about 400 yards , so I am heading back to go down the right trail.

and finally here is the GPS track of what we did , we started at the bottom and you can see up at the top the red dot were we played for a while on those stairs

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
brrrr we actually rode thru snow on our trails out here too!!!!!

SNOW in the PacNW lowlands!!!! Can you believe it? :dancing:

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
berkshire_rider said:
I think it was a Surly. Fully rigid, but with Hayes hydro's and Sram triggers.
Looks like a Waltworks frame with a Surly fork - was it a 29er?? Or a 26" wheeled rig?

Either way it looks killer.

Pip3r

Turbo Monkey
Nov 20, 2001
Foxboro MA
nice! never seen anyone post pics of foxboro. If i had known you guys were going out i may have joined, but was at a bmx race in western MA today.
You guys were a stones throw away from some of our 'secret' trails that we hardly touch any more hah.
Ive gone out there once before in the snow when it was absolutly perfect, frozen enough you could fly and crunchy enough to get grip it was a blast!

I Are Baboon

Vagina man
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Nice pics, Splat! That looks hard as hell to ride in that stuff. It's not light, fluffy snow we have around here either. It's the wet, crunchy, heavy stuff.

MMcG

Ride till you puke!
Dec 10, 2002
Burlington, Connecticut
I Are Baboon said:
Nice pics, Splat! That looks hard as hell to ride in that stuff. It's not light, fluffy snow we have around here either. It's the wet, crunchy, heavy stuff.

Fluffy snow?? Where do we have fluffy snow? maybe under the layer of ice on top of it - but it definitely isn't fluffy where I am Babs.

McGRP01

beer and bikes
Feb 6, 2003
Portland, OR
Nice pics! I used to live a stones throw from there, but never got there to ride.

You guys ever ride Borderland S.P. in Mansfield/Easton?

wooglin

Monkey
Apr 4, 2002
SC
That's a KMonkey fork on the rigid 29er, but does look like a waltworks headbadge.

Still warm and sunny down here, and I'm logging base miles like there's no tomorrow. 70 miler yesterday. The other shoe will drop eventually, but until then.... :)

wooglin

Monkey
Apr 4, 2002
SC
MMcG said:
cool photos Wooglin -
Thanks. I feel guilty hijacking splat's thread with roadie shots, but if he doesn't like it he can let me know. The big mtb ride of the weekend was in the north Georgia mountains, a good 5 hour drive away, so I had to miss it. Bummer....

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
I Are Baboon said:
It was definitely the hard, crunchy type of snow because of the rain / freezing rain on Saturday.

One of the guys in our group was riding a 40+ lb. Big Hit w/ DC, and we saw another group that had a guy riding a SS. :dead: