Quantcast

Pictures from ride on 8/29/05...Also another ride planned for today (8/31/05)

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Hey guys, here are some pictures from the ride. Red helmet = Me. Blue Helmet = friend Tyler.

We are riding again today (8/31/05) if anyone is game around 5:30-6:00pm. Shoot me a PM today before 5pm. I will be online all day. Anyways here are the new pictures:

More pictures to come from todays ride from a slightly less ghetto camera. Again if you are up for a ride today PM me and let go riding.

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Thanks man! Give me a call next time you are up for a ride. We go atleast 3 days a week doing downhill stuff. I do XC on my own 2-4 times a week ontop of that.

Any more comments? I know were not pro or anything, but were getting better. =P

FearTheHizzo

Chimp
Aug 25, 2005
Saratoga,Ca
Hola now that summer tis winding up a lot of mis amigos have headed out for college and i'm still stuck in saratoga. I'm looking for people to ride with. I generally ride at skeggs or soquel ,but anywhere in the general area of those tis cool as well. I'll be hitting up demo probably twice in this weekend so if anyone wants to meet up that would be great. Or if not and ye ever see me riding there, white and black single speed kona stuff with a grey and black full face helm, feel free to say hi.

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
Pretty good actually. I ride with a brace now after this:

Hey Paul, got any hook ups at Santa Cruz? My head tube is ovalized I just found out yesterday...wooohooo.

jimw

Monkey
Aug 10, 2004
Santa Cruz, CA
Total Heckler said:
My head tube is ovalized I just found out yesterday...wooohooo.
I just found out the same thing with my bike. I was getting this nasty creaking that sounded like it was coming from either the fork or the headset. Eliminated the fork as the cause, and eventually found out the head tube was ovalized. Must have something to do with casing a few doubles! :) The guys at ABS put in some locktite bearing retainer around the lower headset seal. That worked great and completely elminated the noise for a couple rides. After last weekend the noise seemed to be starting to come back, so at best I think this is just a temporary solution. Next I'm going to get a slightly larger diameter lower headset cup (Chris King; apparently they can do them in pretty much any size); hopefully this will do it. If your head tube can accept it you could also try a Chris King Steelset, which has longer cups.

Total Heckler

Beer and Bike Enthusiast
Apr 28, 2005
Santa Cruz, CA
The larger/longer Chris King is what someone else suggested. I may have a line on a cheap new front triangle so I am going to go for that first.

My plan is to fix the issue, sell the bike, and put the money towards a new VP Free or possibly a Bullet if I cant get the VP Free I want for a good enough price.

May 3, 2004
Sanna Croooz
Total Heckler said:
The larger/longer Chris King is what someone else suggested. I may have a line on a cheap new front triangle so I am going to go for that first.

My plan is to fix the issue, sell the bike, and put the money towards a new VP Free or possibly a Bullet if I cant get the VP Free I want for a good enough price.
Get a used VP-Free from somebody who's going to buy a Nomad...you know there's prolly an a$$load of people like that in SC.