Quantcast

Pictures of old and obscure suspension bikes

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
Holy shit, in which warehouse was that stuff hiding? Are you sure this is not just a glitch in their IT system?
That guy is just up the road from me and he's the Aussie Transition importer as well so I've been there to pick up frames and stuff. I'm pretty sure their website stock thing is automatic, I wouldn't be surprised if those bikes are there.

vivisectxi

Monkey
Jan 14, 2021
yeast van
i knew a guy that raced the brodie 69'er for a time back in the day. was a tank, but was soooo cool (at the time). paul is a talented OG fabricator; really nice guy, too.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Brian Bertold, AKA @Tantrum Cycles ? We have been trying to summon him here since the pandemic started. He also hasn't been active on any other social platform AFAIK.
I mean John Oliver had a quote from a bike shop owner saying "Men are so desperate to find ANY bike they are willing to buy purple bikes" so maybe he's busy finally getting those desperation driven orders?

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Brian Bertold, AKA @Tantrum Cycles ? We have been trying to summon him here since the pandemic started. He also hasn't been active on any other social platform AFAIK.
Actually, it appears he has been semi-active on mtbr...only that he's suspended his activities on the monkey...

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
According to this piece:

This is the closest thing I could find:

LOL, first comment on the blog:

”Does the M stand for Moronic? It looks to take the almost nonexistant benefits of the suspension seatpost and add weight and complexity. The dumbest part of the whole design is that the travel comes at the cost of bottom bracket clearance. As the bike uses it’s travel, the bottom bracket shell moves toward the ground. I can just imagine trying to clear a log or something and then having the lower bottom bracket height cause me to hang up on the log and doing a faceplant. There has to be a better way to keep constant saddle height.”

trib

not worthy of a Rux.
Jun 22, 2009
Aaah the good old days of people going "I guess no one tried this because i'm a genius and it came to me first" View attachment 184019
To be fair to them there’s 6,000 variations of bike designs using a single pivot driven suspension and a telescoping fork, so two variations on a linkage driven front end isn’t egregious.