Quantcast

Pictures of you riding a mountain bike (Any wheelsize and type of MTB allowed)

toodles

ridiculously corgi proportioned
Aug 24, 2004
Australia
Ya'll gotta stop posting selfies and wrecking my system of mentally created ideas of what you all look like. If I find out @Gary isn't basically the Grinch in a kilt I'll be forced to reconsider my system

Gary

"S" is for "neo-luddite"
Aug 27, 2002
UK
I go with nearly bald, just a few grey-red hairs left
You're a good looking wee lad Seth. So why so insecure?

FWIW I've a full head of salt n pepper hair heading greyer by the hour but still no sign of baldness as yet.
The only ginge in the family ironically came from my English grandmother (Dad's Mother). It dodged me but got one of my children. The rest of us are all dark brunettes in hair colour.

konifere

Monkey
Dec 20, 2021
I took the hardtail and my fullface helmet to ride some rocky stuff today. No cell phone reception and being alone, I now wear my FF and bring my Zoleo device. Passed a few riders who were walking sections and looked at me like if I was from another planet (I did not have my mandatory enduro bike and half shell to clearly state that I am an experienced mountain biker TM). I don’t like selfies so here are just pictures of my bike in the forest and on a bridge.
IMG_0497.jpeg

IMG_0509.jpeg

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I took the hardtail and my fullface helmet to ride some rocky stuff today. No cell phone reception and being alone, I now wear my FF and bring my Zoleo device. Passed a few riders who were walking sections and looked at me like if I was from another planet (I did not have my mandatory enduro bike and half shell to clearly state that I am an experienced mountain biker TM). I don’t like selfies so here are just pictures of my bike in the forest and on a bridge.
View attachment 199956
View attachment 199957
I'm sure there are thousands of bridges like that in QC, but is that VBN?

konifere

Monkey
Dec 20, 2021
Mad Max (named after my friend Maxime who built it)?

I rode it a few times before it disappeared, but they had to close it because of an environmental concern (frogs area). I rode Neilson North + South yesterday and returned by the trails on the right side of the river... I did not remember that 30km loop to be that exhausting :nope: I need to get back into shape!

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Mad Max (named after my friend Maxime who built it)?

I rode it a few times before it disappeared, but they had to close it because of an environmental concern (frogs area). I rode Neilson North + South yesterday and returned by the trails on the right side of the river... I did not remember that 30km loop to be that exhausting :nope: I need to get back into shape!
Yeah Mad Max is it! It was nice and loamy too. I remember learning how bad my Sram Guides were on that trail. :rofl:

Poor frogs.

Neilson North has that one semi long climb out in the open that tires me out - perhaps related is that it's always been crazy hot when I've gone. But I think it also takes more effort to ride that loop, doing single track all the way vs taking the road like how it used to be. There are some steep little punchy climbs on the way out to where the fun starts on Neilson North.

I think this was on Mad Max. The soil was so nice up there, didn't look like it had been ridden much.

Last edited:

bullcrew

3 Dude Approved
Drop at new park into step up...rode like crap but knew that when I got up..when you go to grab something and your foot moves not your hand.....you know brain and nervous system are disconnected lmao ..it was one of those days..almost ate shit off a drop and section took bars to balls and somehow managed to 2 legged hop with back end of bike in air and pull out of it ..shit newbies called me New....
Screenshot_20230903_174741_Instagram.png

manhattanprjkt83

Rusty Trombone
Jul 10, 2003
Nilbog
I’m dying to get up to Bolton Valley. Looks great. I honestly didn’t know Sugarbush was doing lift riding besides the occasional race.
This was my second trip to Bolton, personally I do really like it but it does have a 'personality'. The trails in the woods are pretty fun tech but they don't flow super well. What I mean by that is there are some flat sections that somewhat interrupt your runs. Also, the middle of the mountain is super wet most of the time, there are lots of springs flowing throughout that place.

Yeah Sugar was an excellent surprise, they must be terrible at marketing the park. They have quite a few big runs down that mountain that were wet but the dirt drains great in almost all areas. Had a blast riding that place, it feels like a proper big mountain, almost like some of my time in the Alps. It is almost 100% tech trails that keep you rolling the whole time, not sure I took a pedal stroke all day.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Yeah Sugar was an excellent surprise, they must be terrible at marketing the park. They have quite a few big runs down that mountain that were wet but the dirt drains great in almost all areas. Had a blast riding that place, it feels like a proper big mountain, almost like some of my time in the Alps. It is almost 100% tech trails that keep you rolling the whole time, not sure I took a pedal stroke all day.
now you've got me rethinking trying to join @Sandwich there later this fall

englertracing

you owe me a sandwich
Mar 5, 2012
La Verne
One of my favorites around here.
There's a jump trail at the end of this one but the video from that day isn't as good they were doing some trail work.

Last edited: