Quantcast

Pictures of you riding a mountain bike (Any wheelsize and type of MTB allowed)

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Geeze bro, where are the berms?

;) Love the rocks!
Oh there are plenty of berms at Rocky Knob for sure. That section of trail is just one long rock garden, but not nearly as rough as Southern Rocks. The PBJ trail has been reworked into a massive 4X style trail with tables, whoops, and huge berms. I suck at jumping though.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Oh there are plenty of berms at Rocky Knob for sure. That section of trail is just one long rock garden, but not nearly as rough as Southern Rocks. The PBJ trail has been reworked into a massive 4X style trail with tables, whoops, and huge berms. I suck at jumping though.
Send some rox up here...We need more rox, more hills, more roots, more EVERYTHING. Less up though..

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
Send some rox up here...We need more rox, more hills, more roots, more EVERYTHING. Less up though..
I have to travel a bit to get mah rawk fix. Local "flow" (easy) trails usually have giant, whining babies who cut out roots and break rocks out of the trail. No exaggeration when I say that in many places the trail gets wider because douche bags ride around roots 1.5 in. tall. Fortunately for me and DirtyGirl, those riders won't go near the mountains because it's too hard...

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
I have to travel a bit to get mah rawk fix. Local "flow" (easy) trails usually have giant, whining babies who cut out roots and break rocks out of the trail. No exaggeration when I say that in many places the trail gets wider because douche bags ride around roots 1.5 in. tall. Fortunately for me and DirtyGirl, those riders won't go near the mountains because it's too hard...
Seeing a lot of this as well. 6" travel bike, rides around 2" root.

cecil

Turbo Monkey
Jun 3, 2008
with the voices in my head

By me they cut the roots out and put these in
Screenshot_2016-04-25-17-30-35.png

rollertoaster

Monkey
Aug 7, 2007
Douglassville , PA
FB_IMG_1462897757071.jpg
I got a whole 1ft of air over these rocks. That's what I get for doing a photo shoot with a borrowed shock. I was planning on riding another bike, but these very same rocks ate the rear wheel the day before.

Last edited:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
:thumbsdown: those pavers are terrible.
Agreed.

A local climb near me had trail work a couple of weeks ago as I was riding past on the road. First time back riding on the trail yesterday and half the rocks had vanished.

HAB

Chelsea from Seattle
Apr 28, 2007
Seattle
The way those things are spaced that's gonna end up rougher than the roots could have been :rofl:

I'm actually thinking that may be a way to roughen up boring smooth sections of trail. I like it!
They're basically man made braking bumps. :rofl:

Metamorphic

Monkey
May 12, 2015
Cackalack
Mammoth has an entire third of a trail that isn't even dirt. No shit......JUST pavers.

It's a bermy jumpish thing that's way too tight. Really fucks up your tires.
A couple of the big berms on Skyline at the Snowshoe bike park is like this. I've eaten it hard when my front tire dips below the eroded sides of the pavers and I go for a quick and hard dirt nap. Sucks. :nerd:

kidwoo

Artisanal Tweet Curator
A couple of the big berms on Skyline at the Snowshoe bike park is like this. I've eaten it hard when my front tire dips below the eroded sides of the pavers and I go for a quick and hard dirt nap. Sucks. :nerd:
Sounds really well done.

The one at mammoth is at the end of this. It's nuts how much work they put into something so silly.
http://www.vitalmtb.com/videos/member/Untitled,14916/kidwoo,316

I think thats the first pic on this thread of someone wearing plaid...I'm not sure how that makes me feel.
Prior art (2008)

http://ridemonkey.bikemag.com/threads/post-your-single-crown-dh-fr-beauties.200176/page-2#post-2894881